Start by marking “Can't Be His (His, #3)” as Want to Read:
Can't Be His (His, #3)

Can't Be His (His #3)

3.35  ·  Rating details ·  153 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Exterminator, Lonnie “Roach” Raines and ice skater, Alexi Summerville, have been friends and roommates for years, but they’ve never taken their relationship to the next level.

When, Alexi’s coach wants him to train for the World Championship in another state, Roach is forced to examine his feelings before he loses Alexi, possibly for good.
Published September 4th 2011 by Amber Quill Press (first published September 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Can't Be His, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can't Be His

Brenda (b)
read 11/29/15: This was very short--24 pages on my Nook. Honestly, I've read even shorter stories by other authors that made me feel more of a connection to the characters than I felt here. There was no link, that I noticed, between this book and the first two in the series.
Alina
Apr 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect this story to be this short, after the two previous books, which were much longer, but I liked it. Not too rushed, not overly schematic, just a good short story. And I wholeheartedly concur: the figure skaters do have very nice asses. I've noticed )))))
Ruby
Rating: C

This review first appeared on Brief Encounters Reviews

A fairly sweet and straightforward romance, yet it failed to grab me. It’s the third story in the author’s His series, but you don’t seem to need to read them in any order and it stands perfectly well on its own.

I chose this one to review because I was interested by the pairing of a rough and ready exterminator and a figure skater, and this was one aspect of the story I found pleasing. Roach’s tattoos, piercings and lifestyle of casu
Cryselle
Oct 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, amber-allure, sport
2.5
Friends to lovers describes Roach and Alexi's relationship; they've known and liked one another for years. Never being single at the same time, nothing has ever happened between them, and it begins to look like nothing ever will. Shawn Lane jolts these two out of their complacent little rut in Can't Be His.

Roach and Alexi are an unlikely pair: a top level figure skater who shares an apartment with an exterminator. They get along really well, both being serially monogamous, more or less, and d
Lucy
Sep 09, 2011 rated it liked it

Alexi is a champion figure skater, who is destined for the Olympics. Roach is a nickname, due a job as an exterminator.  They are best friends, who live together.  Maybe this is just too short to flesh itself out, but I just didn't like Roach.  He is supposedly in love with  Alexi, and shows it by bringing home random men to screw, loud enough for Alexi to have to listen to it.  Even thinking Alexi doesn't want him, it reeks of selfishness.  He makes a date with someone else, and then is only t
Eiko
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
フィギュアスケーターのAlexiと害虫駆除の仕事をしているLonnie "Roach"は高校の時から友人で、学校を卒業したいまはルームメイトとして暮らしている。
お互い相手に恋しているのだけど、「自分みたいなのは彼のタイプじゃない」と思っていて、告白して友情すらなくすのも怖くて打ち明けられずにいる。

Alexiはthe World Championshipsを数カ月後に控え、練習に励んでいるが、コーチから集中できていないと指摘される。そして、スケートだけに集中できるよう、Aspenへ練習場を移すべきだと提案された。
Roachと離れて暮らす。そんな生活に耐えられるだろうか? Alexiは悩むが…。

キャラがフィギュアスケーター! という設定に惹かれて読んだお話。でもそんなにスケート選手の設定は活かされてなくて残念。幼馴染で対照的なふたりの恋、がテーマだと思う。
とても可愛くて、さらっと読める。
Nic
Feb 03, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars Too short to properly tell the story so not very engaging and uncomfortably written sex scenes.

With an ice skater and a tattooed pest exterminator, had potential but didn't quite get there - should have saved my money to buy a cup of coffee (only 27 pages, this one should have been published as a freebie to keep me engaged in the series as there are another 4 books to go. Not sure of their length but also don't think I am keen enough to keep buying and reading).
Anna
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Another great short m/m story from Shawn Lane. It was well written with a good narrative. I love how Shawn is always able to deliver a fulfilling story within the concept of a short story. I rarely find myself satisfied with reading shorter length books but it's never really a concern when it comes to Shawn's books. You get a well-rounded romance with heat, tension, and conflict.
Carly
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, sport
We met the characters when they were at a crossroad in their relationship. It was nice Roach had someone to talk some sense into him. It was frustrating to be in both their heads but good as well to know how they felt and why they did what they did. and then the happy ending
Rachel Emily
Cute story with cute characters, but a bit short for my tastes.
Kera
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-love
This book was short but there was a sweetness about it I really liked. One of my favorites in this series.
Chris
Sep 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2011, ebook
Sweet short m/m romance about an exterminator and a world class figure skater who are roommates, have been friends for years, and have secret crushes on each other.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 3 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Meggie
Sep 04, 2011 rated it did not like it
For my taste to short, to easy and to bland.
Kiki
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
2.5
Kendra T
After enjoying the first 2 books, I was a bit disappointed with this one. It didn't grab my attention and the characters tended to annoy me rather than draw me into their story.
Fernanda Parente
J.D. Walker
May 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Come Cuddle Me
  • Games Boys Play (Glitterbomb! #2)
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Positive Resistance (Work Out, #5)
  • From Afar
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • Left of Centre
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Wallflowers
  • The Carpenter and the Fairy
  • Offside Pass (Blue Line Hockey, #1)
  • Open Tackle
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Voir Dire (Wranglers, #2)
  • Wanting
Shawn Lane writes erotic gay romances and believes love and passion know no boundaries. Happily Ever After is for everyone.

In the past she has written heterosexual romances (see her backlist) but is now concentrating on gay romances.

Shawn lives in California and holds down a boring day job in a legal department of a giant corporation dreaming of the nights and weekends when she can create new sto
More about Shawn Lane...

His (10 books)
  • Accidentally His (His #1)
  • Becoming His (His, #2)
  • Devotedly His (His, #4)
  • Eternally His (His, #5)
  • Finally His (His, #6)
  • Gratefully His (His, #7)
  • Hopefully His (His, #8)
  • Impossibly His (His #9)
  • Just His (His #10)