Start by marking “Film Production Management 101: Management & Coordination in a Digital Age” as Want to Read:
Film Production Management 101: Management & Coordination in a Digital Age

Film Production Management 101: Management & Coordination in a Digital Age

This new edition has undergone a comprehensive update to address the shifting balance between digital and film technologies. The book includes everything a filmmaker needs to know, from budgeting to managing the production office, and comes with downloadable forms.
ebook, Second Edition, 558 pages
Published April 1st 2011 by Michael Wiese Productions (first published October 25th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Film Production Management 101, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Film Production Management 101

Livia
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as part of my research before making the decision to move to LA to pursue my dream career of working in tv/film.

The author does a good job of giving the reader an overview of behind the scenes production positions. I really liked being able to see the the different paperwork forms that can be used.

I arrived in LA on August 1, 2011, and I landed my first on set indie feature film PA gig in late August 2011. Thanks to this book, I felt somewhat prepared for the experience.
Michelle
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great resource! If your goal is to become a PM or you just want to be in the know as coordinator, this is the book for you! Very detailed and easy to read. Gives great scenarios (many of which I've already run into). This is my go-to PM bible.
Dom
Mar 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Production managers, producers
Pretty much a guide to making a movie without all the pesky tutorials on actually shooting it. Logistics are this book's bread and butter and Patz presents the whole shebang very well.
Aselawati
Shannon Blackburn
Sep 04, 2014
Donna Mesker
Nov 01, 2013
Deborah Patz has been a filmmaker on award-winning productions since the mid-1980s, primarily as a production manager and coordinator, and then as production executive. She has worked with Lucasfilm, IMAX, MCA/Universal, Alliance/Atlantis, Nelvana, BBC, CBC, the Disney Channel, and the list goes on.

Based on her experiences, she wrote her first book on production coordination (published in 1997) an