Start by marking “Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner (Texas Hill Country #3)” as Want to Read:
Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner (Texas Hill Country #3)

Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner

(Texas Hill Country #3)

Big Lizard Bottoms--where getting hitched is a local industry--is not any place Lindsey Attwood, a play-it-safe paleontologist who's sworn off romance, ever expected to find herself. She's here posing as a horse psychology student to help recover dinosaur tracks stolen from a local guest ranch. After only a day at the ranch, things start spiraling out of control. Her horse ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by New American Library

To ask other readers questions about Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Over the Moon at the Big Lizard Diner

Tricia Douglas
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir, romance, family, love
Cute story about a single woman and her daughter being separated for the summer and finding themselves again. Actual rating 3.5
Amanda
Apr 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This one was definitely the best of the trilogy. I had never even heard of Wingate until I stumbled across someone selling a number of books, including the second one in the trilogy, Lone Star Cafe. I got that and checked the others out from the library to read the complete series. I have to say, that dollar spent was well-worth discovering these stories! I especially related to the character Lindsey, a single mother who has been burned in the past, and is afraid to love again. As Lindsey gained ...more
Jessica
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
The third and final installment of the Texas Cooking series. It was my least favorite of the three. The main character, Lindsey is a mess and not very likable. However, the male lead, Zach, is everything a gorgeous understanding cowboy should be. So I'm happy.

There are all sorts of dangling story endings, so maybe there will be another book in the series, or the author just couldn't get it all wrapped up. I guess that's probably more realistic to life.

Great writing, good author, nice read.
Niki
I have always liked any of Lisa Wingate's books that I have read so was happy to come across a few new ones. This is the third in the series Texas Hill Country and I enjoyed it. I read A LOT of romances and actually remember the story line for all of the books in this series. Usually I have to look at the description to see the story for a reminder. The story is fun and a little unbelievable but enjoyable. I do thing I liked the first two more and would recommend them over this one.
Joanne
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Third in the Texas series for Wingate and I thought it was the best. Kind of thought the second was too much like the first. The third has a kicker thrown in in the form of a bag shaggy lost Great Pyrenees sheepdog. It's a very sweet book and be sure to read the article titled "Wandering Shepherd" at the very end. Highly recommend for lovers of dogs and the romantically inclined.
Susan
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Maybe if I didn't read all 3 books of this series in a row, I may have liked this one more. This last installment was much like the first two. I love Lisa Wingate's books and will definitely be reading more of her novels.
Dawn
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book on tape. 3rd in a series.
Marianne Jay
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series was extraordinary. I was in the mood for a good love story and I got it.

Danni
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
Last book in the series. Loved all of them.
Michele
Sep 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun read, but disappointed at lack of conclusion to the paleontology storyline.
Pamela Allen
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had hoped this series would get better. The first part of the book seemed so promising, but at about halfway through, it lost its edge and became all about, “He loves me; he loves me not....”
Karen Sheldon
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really loved her method of writing. The story line was a good one, so now I plan on going back and reading the previous books in this series.
Patsy Tindell
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Another good one set near San Saba, this one featured a young woman who travels from Denver to her sister in TX. Dinosaur track have been stolen. Broken hearts get mended.
Nora
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good story by an author I've read before. Enjoyed the horse psychology lesson along with some tie-ins to Texas Cooking by Wingate.
Claudia Aroni
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tilting at windmills...
Erin
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
For more than eight years, Lindsay Attwood has played it safe. After her ex-husband ditched her upon learning of the impending arrival of their daughter, Lindsay stopped traveling the world and instead took a job in the basement of a museum in Denver, converting her talents for archaeological discovery into those of restoration and cataloging. She wrapped her life around her daughter, Sydney, keeping new people at bay after learning the hard way that men can't be trusted. However, that approach ...more
Daria
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is another of my favorites books by this author. A quick, fun and witty read.

I absolutely love Lisa Wingate’s novels! I started with Tending Roses and have read and enjoyed each and every one of her books.

I enjoy Lisa’s writing style, character development, unique story lines and the fact that there is always personal growth, reconciliation and redemption in her novels. Lisa always finds an interesting premise, location or historical reference that leads me to do further research on the t
Barbara Lemere
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I just received this book and I am about seven chapters in and I love it! It jumps right in to the story, the pace is good, the characters are interesting, true to life, and fun.

The main character is a paleontologist who's ex husband after 8 years of ignoring their child's existence (except for the occasional child support check), has suddenly decided he wants her to spend the summer with him in Mexico. So our heroine is off to Texas to investigate some missing dinosaur tracks on a ranch in Te
Janice
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This was romance-lite. Meaning there was romance or change of heart, but no sex. (Maybe Christian romance, is that a category?)

Lindsey is a paleontologist and single mom who has been living life very cautiously since her husband abandoned her when she told him she was pregnant. Now, 7 years later, he wants to exercise his joint custody rights by taking their daughter for the summer down to Mexico to stay with him and his new wife. Lindsey, a control freak, falls apart and her twin sister and the
Kelly
Aug 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Until I get around to reviewing each individually......

General review of Lisa Wingate:

Although I have liked some more than others, I have never read a Wingate book I didn't like. Her books are easy reads, but do have substance to them. Often romance is involved, but no ridiculous or smutty story lines. Her writing is funny and light.

Each series has books that are interconnected, but minimally. For me, it is nice to not read about the same characters over and over.

Finally, I adore most of her b
Susan
Feb 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Enjoying this very much so far as a good audio book. Fun, humorous, good characters. Not to complicated which makes it good listening in the car.

My enthusiasm was a bit dampened as the story continued. It is still interesting but I'm getting a little annoyed at the romance schmaltz. And the main character's (Lindsey) continue mental self abuse and 'sure that whatever happens next, it will be bad' attitude.

Still, I'll finish and may try another book in the series because I do like the plot and t
Caroline
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2016
I enjoyed this more than the other two in the series. Though it had a emotionally struggling main character in a small town in Texas, handsome cowboy and other quirky characters similar to the first two books, this book doesn't follow the same template as the others.

Things I liked
1) Mr.Grits, the sheepdog
2) The multiple Lindseys in Lindsey's mind
3) Horse psychology

Johanna Parker once again does an excellent narration. Here, she shows off her 8 year old voice for Sidney.
Debra
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-romance
At loose ends with her daughter Sydney away for the summer, straight-laces Lindsey travel to Texas to visit family and friends. What she never expects is to be dropped right in the middle of a stolen dinosaur tracks mystery. She also never expects to fall head-over-heels in love with the handsome Zach Truitt.
bookczuk
Sep 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookcrossing
Nice little book -- Lisa Wingate seems to have taken on that approach to this kind of literature where she focuses on one character of a group or family per book. This is now the third book that focuses on a woman and her best friends, who happen to be (fraternal twin) sisters. They each find happiness in a little town in Texas. Other characters appear in side roles in the books. Tra la.
Jeanne Adamek
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I read I like to "see" the place in the story. It is sort of a mini vacation. Lisa Wingates lush descriptions are fantastic. I truly felt that I was in Big Lizard Bottoms! I could imagine the Lover's Oak...

The story was humorously written, and although Lindsey sometime irratated me, I found that I could appreciate her too!
amypete
Feb 06, 2008 rated it liked it
I've heard the Tending Roses group of books by this same author are really good, but my library system doesn't have them yet. I like Wingate's characters and writing. This book goes together with Lone Star Cafe, if I remember right. There is a bit of mystery, a bit of romance, and a lot of charm in these easy reads.
Kayrene Smither
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
A very cute story; lots of humor in this with the "found" dog Mr. Grits. Interesting stories: stolen dinosaur tracks, taking horse psychology classes. As well as a little romance, family dynamics, etc. A Good Read!
Chi Dubinski
May 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Lindsey Atwood, a paleontologist, is on her own while her eight year old daughter spends the summer with her father. Lindsey travels to Texas to investigate missing dinosaur tracks and falls for shy rancher Zack Truitt.
Miki
Sep 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
You know how you like the taste of whipped cream, but once you swallow it, you can't remember exactly how it tastes? This book is like that. I liked it while I was reading and could hardly wait to finish it, but when it was done, I realized I couldn't remember anything about it.
Kim H.
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
It was a quick read with likeable characters. The plot was predictable. I was disappointed not to find out if the T-rex was found. I did enjoy the ending newspaper story of the dog and all his "missions." That was fun!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Trouble with Tuck (Tuck, #1)
  • Perilous Cove (Perilous Safety Series - Book 1)
  • Try Darkness
  • Season of Wonder
  • Wanted: One Perfect Man (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Light a Single Candle
  • The Christmas Quilt / The New Year's Quilt (Elm Creek Quilts, #8 & 11)
  • Along Came Mary (Bad Girl Creek #2)
  • The Secret Princess (Protecting the Crown, #4)
  • Huckleberry Hearts (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #6)
  • Kingdom of Cages
  • In Tune With Love: An April Wedding Story (A Year of Weddings Novella 2, #5)
  • Your Chariot Awaits (Andi Mc Connell Mystery #1)
  • A Timeless Romance Anthology Book: Blind Date Collection
  • Lauren Takes Leave
  • Kentucky Dreamer (Golden Filly, #4)
  • In Firefly Valley (Texas Crossroads, #2)
  • How to Raise a Puppy You Can Live with
Lisa Wingate is a former journalist, an inspirational speaker, and the bestselling author of more than twenty novels. Her work has won or been nominated for many awards, including the Pat Conroy Southern Book Prize, the Oklahoma Book Award, the Utah Library Award, the Carol Award, the Christy Award, and the RT Reviewers’ Choice Award. Her work was honored by the Americans for More Civility for pro ...more

Texas Hill Country (3 books)
  • Texas Cooking (Texas Hill Country #1)
  • Lone Star Cafe (Texas Hill Country #2)
“But sometimes it's the things that require a leap of faith that we need to believe in most of all.” 8 likes
“...setting out together in a marriage is a lot like setting out on the river. Some parts will be rough; some will be smooth. You can't see from the start where it's gonna travel and where it's gonna end up. Sometimes it'll turn a sharp corner; sometimes it'll drift along awhile. Thing is, no matter what the river does, both parties gotta paddle equally, see?” 5 likes