Start by marking “Witchblade Volume 11 (Witchblade)” as Want to Read:
Witchblade Volume 11 (Witchblade)

Witchblade Volume 11 (Witchblade TPB #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  237 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The enigmatic Curator continues to give Gleason and Sara just enough information to leave them with more questions until the origin of the Blade is revealed to Sara. Keu Cha, Chris Bachalo, Mike Choi, Brandon Peterson, Marc Silvestri, Eric Basaldua, Francis Manapul, Darwyn Cooke, J. Michael Linsner, Bart Sears, Luke Ross and George Perez join together to create one of the ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Image Comics/Top Cow

To ask other readers questions about Witchblade Volume 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witchblade Volume 11

Fantasy Literature
I had to go ahead and immediately write a follow-up review to my first column on Ron Marz's WITCHBLADE because I think he really hits his stride in this second collection. Basically, just like I think you need to stick with SANDMAN for the first two to three volumes before you give up on it, I think reading the first two volumes of Marz's run is essential to even begin to know whether his take on the series might be of interest to you.*

In my first review of WITCHBLADE, issues #80-85, I argued fr
Amanda Perry
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked this one way better than the previous one! You got to see the background of the people who wielded the witchblade before which I think was fantastic
Abhinav
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
You can read the full review over at my blog:

Witchblade is one of Top Cow’s biggest IPs, by far. Unless I am mistaken, it is one of the publisher’s only two titles to have made it past the landmark 100th issue, and the only one to have made it past the landmark 175th issue as well. And one writer who has shaped this incredible run, more than others I’d reckon, is Ron Marz, who enjoyed a seventy-plus issue tenure before he got back on the title with issue #
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Robert 'Rev. Bob'
I'm a very late latecomer to the Witchblade story, via the Humble Bundle that offered a lot of the Top Cow line in an economy-sized package. (Okay, so I did see the TV show on DVD. I was singularly unimpressed by the Big Reset Button, but I don't hold that against the comics.) My point is that I went into these first couple of collections expecting... well, expecting them to be the first collections. Call me strange, but when I see something called "Witchblade, Volume 1," I don't expect it to st ...more
Donna
I’m really enjoying these comics, both the art and the story itself. It’s been a little while since I’ve read the first volume, but once I started reading AWAKENINGS I was able to fall right back into the story. I love the idea that this BAMF woman has control of this . . . THING that allows her to fight the bad guys and put them all in their place.

Plus all of the history that comes with the Witchblade itself. I loved how they stepped back through history and showed the diversity of women throug
Sean
Dec 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one!
I got this free through a promotion and still think I might have over spent. First, the overall collection is a strange hodge podge of stories that aren't intelligent enough to considered an anthology. It just seems like issues were thrown together to see what stuck. Here, nothing did. Second, the art. While there was some really good there was also about fifteen different pencilers. It was all strangely laid out except where it involved different eras. There it worked nicely. Lastly, the charac ...more
Adam Luptak
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, top-cow
Ron Marz's Witchblade is fun to read. Some of the stories suffer from strange pacing - often there's a long build-up to a very swift and abrupt climax. I particularly like the storytelling device in this volume of changing art styles (and artists) during flashbacks. The final story, which reveals the origin of the Witchblade, gets back into the "cheesecake" art style for which the series was infamous for in earlier stories (and still indulges in for their covers), coming dangerously close go "ey ...more
Albert Yates
So, this book starts out at Witchblade #86, I knew there was more to the series than what was in the first volume.

It's official. I'm hooked on this series, while the art isn't exactly what I would have liked, portraying a female hero with giant breasts and skimpy clothing is something the comic industry needs to grow out of. The story has gotten really good, the second issue in this volume broke my heart completely. My little girl will be getting extra cuddles tonight.

4.5/5 but rounded up.
J.
3.5/5. I like the variety of stories here, and think Marz does a good job of providing a variety. The art is pretty hit-or-miss (but I don't like the Top Cow style, anyway.) Marz also reveals what the Witchblade actually is. The reveal isn't particularly satisfying, but I do applaud his hilarious attempt to explain why the Witchblade always dresses her like that. It's ridiculous, but I enjoyed it.
Jeff Lanter
Aug 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This story arc is a little too by the numbers. I suppose that applies somewhat to the first one, but the problem with this time around is that almost everything is self-contained. That in and of itself is not a bad thing, but the storyline (which I won't spoil) is pretty predictable and not quite as exciting as the first. I will give high marks to the smart talking parrot. He was very fun to read and probably the best part of this volume.
CT
Oct 22, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The cheesecake art is still ridiculous. This volume gives up consistency and logic entirely. My personal favorite part was "I conducted missions so secret, no one knew what government I worked for!!" while the panel shows a flashback of the character wearing a stars-and-stripes bandana. Also, Gleason's chin seems to drastically change size and shape from one issue to the next.
Roman Colombo
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humble-bundle
I'm really starting to like this character. She's pretty intriguing, even if she didn't have a magical weapon. And with good art and a strong writer, it's a really enjoyable series. Good thing I have 14 more volumes!
Wonderbunny
I enjoyed this but found the first book better. This had a good story but the buildup towards the big event wasn't as well done as the first volume.
Nicole
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best art of all has to be the one on the cover. The artist fully did all the drawings in some of the future volumes and it is simply beautiful, frame it up art.
MIchael
This volume is more of the same from the first volume of Witchblade by Ron Marz...but it still gets a little better.
Shannon Appelcline
Still a superhero book. Marz is trying to push the envelope by the end of the volume, but if the book's going to become something more notable, it hasn't yet.
Pamela
  • Witchblade Origins Volume 1
  • Witchblade Compendium Volume 1
  • Cardcaptor Sakura, #1-6
  • Jack of Fables, Vol. 6: The Big Book of War
  • Lucifer, Book Two (Lucifer, #2)
  • Axe Cop, Vol. 3
  • The Starman Omnibus, Vol. 4
  • Ravine Volume 1
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 4
  • Beyond Wonderland
  • Rising Stars (Rising Stars, #0-3)
  • Fathom: The Definitive Edition
  • Wonder Woman: Mission's End
  • Leaving Megalopolis (Leaving Megalopolis, #1)
  • Outsiders, Vol. 3: Wanted
  • Spider-Man: Death of the Stacys
  • Phonogram, Vol. 2: The Singles Club (Phonogram, #2)
  • Gen¹³
Marz is well known for his work on Silver Surfer and Green Lantern, as well as the Marvel vs DC crossover and Batman/Aliens. He also worked on the CrossGen Comics series Scion, Mystic, Sojourn, and The Path. At Dark Horse Comics he created Samurai: Heaven and Earth and various Star Wars comics. He has also done work for Devil’s Due Publishing’s Aftermath line, namely Blade of Kumori. In 1995, he h ...more
More about Ron Marz...