Start by marking “Tea and Crumpet” as Want to Read:
Tea and Crumpet

Tea and Crumpet

Raise your rainbow umbrellas high and celebrate!

Enjoy this enchanting, entertaining and thought-provoking collection, a heartfelt expression of what it means to be queer in Britain, past and present. All these stories reflect the iconic sights and national character of the British Isles: a taste of our idiosyncrasies and eccentricities, but also an unashamed representation
Published July 3rd 2011 by JMS Books

To ask other readers questions about Tea and Crumpet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tea and Crumpet

Mara Ismine
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My review is for the other stories in the anthology not mine.

Here are the individual blurbs:

Tea & Crumpet

Heat levels:
* Butter Melting
** Pot Warming
*** Kettle Boiling

Making Camp by Clare London **
Nick’s a dedicated city boy, Max is from the West Country: the chance of a compatible date seems unlikely until Max invites Nick to spend a weekend with him. It’s the chance Nick’s been waiting for, the opportunity to get to know the guy he's been mooning over at work better, up close and personal. N
Serena Yates
Jun 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is a great anthology with so many funny and iteresting stories about GLBT characters. I'm not rating my own story, obviously, but I think the sheer variety and diversity of this collection definitely deserves 5 stars. And they're all either set in the UK or closely linked to Britain and British culture, which makes for a linguistically and culturally interesting read.
Lisa Worrall
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am not rating my own story - this is for the other fabulous stories in the anthology :)

This is a wonderful anthology of short stories of what it means to be gay in Britain today.

I was honored to be involved with this project and the stories cross a wide range. Some will make you laugh, some will make you cry and some will have you opening a window cos it's suddenly got hot, hot, hot!

Loved it :)
ManOhMan
Sep 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Kerri: When I read an anthology one thing I like to find is diversity and it was definitely found within the pages of this delightful book.

Not all the stories are m/m, but I can say without a doubt that every story is well-written, engaging, and kept me entertained while reading throughout.

I recognized some names more than others, and this was a wonderful opportunity to discover new authors not known to me.

I'd highly recommend giving this one a go. If you're a fan of anthologies, t
Chris
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very good collection of United Kingdom-themed GLBTQ short stories, from contemporary to paranormal to historical. I was delighted to discover that there was a Cambridge Fellows short from Charlie Cochrane!
Anna May
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My own story Silent Witness is part of this collection and I am quite happy with my work. I am still fairly new to getting published so every day I am learning news things. Compared to my first novel, Green Lake, I feel I have come quite far which is reflected in this short story.

But having said that, I have read all the other contributions and I've loved them all. Some stories made me smile, laugh like an idiot while others had me in tears. There is a great varity of talent, of stories in this
Alison
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer, my-e-things, lgbtq
3.5 stars. A nice anthology. I love anthologies in general, and as is usually the case with anthologies, there are some really great stories here and some less good ones. All in all, this is a very pleasant collection. Favourite stories include the ones by Elin Gregory (gorgeous), JL Merrow (classic Merrrow), and Charlie Cochrane (Cambridge Fellows fun).
Bookbee
This anthology has something for everyone. All the stories are good...several are absolutely wonderful! Loved the British vernacular...having grown up in Canada, most of it was comfortably familiar!
Lillian Francis
Jul 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fighting Cocks by Stevie Woods - Damn! Wish this had been longer.
On the Pull by Elin Gregory - Gorgeous. Elin Gregory never fails me.
Frozen Angel by Lisa Worrall - Damn it. Made me cry, even though I was pretty sure I knew where it was going.
Sweet Temptation by Jennie Caldwell - New to me author. Enjoyed this.
Matter of Opinion by Mara Ismine - cute.
Jeu d’Esprit by Chris Smith - Enjoyed this one immensely. Shame the author only appears to have one other story in a now deducted anthology. *sigh*
Bl
Nithu
Nov 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
I found this collection of short stories frustrating to read, mainly because most of them were very, very short indeed. To be fair the stories aren't bad, in fact many of them left me panting to know more. I'm not a big fan of short stories as they rarely leave me feeling satisfied, but I was also surprised at how short some of these were.
Suze
Nov 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Dec free book from JMS books
An antholgy of British based stories, 3.5 rating
A wide range of stories, mostly MM, some contemporary, some historic, some sad, some funny, some a bit paranormal - so should be enough to pease everyone.
Stories are quite short so ideal for a quick tea break
Allen Mack
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt
Entertaining gay short stories, some quite well written for the genre. Different tones from U.S./Canadian writers - quite enjoyable change and viewpoints. Some of lesser quality, therefore only 3star.
MyzanM
Anthologies with short stories are usually not my cup of tea...
This was surprisingly entertaining.

There were one or two stories that didn’t tickle my fancy, but for the better part the stories were smashingly good. Some of them made me want more and I’ll definitely search for other books by those authors. Other stories made me remember old acquaintances and books I might want to re-read.
Marlobo
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nh-g-anthologies

Making Camp by Clare London - 3 stars
Good Breeding by JL Merrow - 1 star
A Naughty Trip by Serena Yates - 2 stars
Beside the Seaside by Lucy Felthouse - 2, 5 stars
Fighting Cocks by Stevie Woods - 3 stars
The Utterly True History of Guy Alien and the Rise and Fall of His Band, X-Wing by Stevie Carroll - 2,5 stars
Fantasy Man by Jay Rookwood - 1 star
On the Pull by Elin Gregory - 3,5 stars
Frozen Angel by Lisa Worrall. - 3 stars
Silent Witness by Anna Marie May - 1 star
Sweet Temptation b
Asynia
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
This is a collection of 18 very short stories by British GLBTQ writes. 2 of the stories are FF, but they take up less than 10% of the book, and the rest is MM.

Unfortunately all these stories were far too short for me to get any feeling at all for them, really. Some of them showed a smidgeon of promise and they might well have been developed into better, longer stories by the writers, but this was like reading a bunch of synopsises. This is a pity, because I know that several of these authors can
Shaheen
Mar 03, 2014
Steve
Apr 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
English through and through, Josephine Myles is addicted to tea and busy cultivating a reputation for eccentricity. She writes gay erotica and romance, but finds the erotica keeps cuddling up to the romance, and the romance keeps corrupting the erotica. She blames her rebellious muse but he never listens to her anyway, no matter how much she threatens him with a big stick. She's beginning to suspe ...more