Start by marking “Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1)” as Want to Read:
Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1)

Full Blooded (Jessica McClain #1)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  5,195 Ratings  ·  635 Reviews
Born the only female in an all male race, Jessica McClain isn’t just different—she’s feared.

After living under the radar for the last twenty-six years, Jessica is thrust unexpectedly into her first change, a full ten years late. She wakes up and finds she’s in the middle of a storm. Now that she’s become the only female full-blooded werewolf in town, the supernatural world
Published September 11th 2012 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2012)

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Watch out Amanda Carlson, I think I'm in love! I inhaled her debut book like my life depended on it. I haven't read a werewolf novel this good since... since... probably my re-read of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld books earlier this year. Seeing how her novels are the bar by which I measure all furry fiction, that's saying something! Full Blooded's lore is unique and bewitching, her characters are dynamic and her wolves are howling-ly formidable. The action i
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Jessica McClain is one of a kind; a female werewolf the first one ever born unfortunately the rest of her race doesn't view this as a miracle, instead thinking she is the daughter of evil and will destroy their race. Until now though she has been living in relative obscurity under an alias to keep her safe, but her first change hits her and all hell breaks loose as different sects of the supernatural world seem to want to get their hands on her, including the very sexy
Lauren
This book was entertaining enough until the last few chapters where it fell apart.
Jessica had grown up in a pack of werewolves of which her father was alpha. Females are an anomaly and no one expected her to change. The other hitch is when she was born an anonymous letter arrived called the Cain myth that predicted her existence would destroy the pack.
Jessica was living her life out apart from the pack when she late blooms into a werewolf one night.

(view spoiler)
♥Rachel♥
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ve recently discovered that I love Urban Fantasy reads and Full Blooded had a little of everything I love about them. Kick ass heroine, fast paced action and danger at every turn, and an interesting supernatural world and creatures. Of course, I must have some romance in there, too, and this didn’t disappoint!

Jessica McClain is an anomaly in her Pack. There are no female werewolves but yet here she is, and after years of thinking she would never shift she unexpectedly does, causing havoc and u
Amanda Bonilla
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit, what an ending! Can't wait to read HOT BLOODED. I'm definitely addicted to this series!
Denisa
Well, the cliffhanger sucked :D

It was pretty hard to get into this book, it took me a while to want to actually start reading it. And it felt like the main character took everything so easily! It just didn't feel real (not that I expect fantasy books to be real, but you know what I mean).
On the bright side though, once I got caught up in the story, everything went smoothly. The book was pretty fast paced and, though the plot was pretty much a cliche, it wasn't bad.
Julia
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
An exciting premise, but this book and I have gotten off on the wrong foot. Carlson's delivery is not particularly immersive, and I'm not a fan of her Latina accent for Jessica's neighbor (it's distracting to have such a strong stereotype in the narrative, even as a drive by).

That is nothing compared to how much I don't like her werewolves, however. The prophecy and general panic about a female werewolf aside, when Jessica has an obviously expository rehash of werewolf mating practices, I was ve
Jennifer Y
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
With Blooded being the appetizer; Full Blooded is the main course.

Jessica is a one of a kind, being the only female to be born to a male werewolf. She is even odder since she didn’t shift once she hit puberty like the other werewolves. Jessica lived her first 26 years of life as a human that was raised by wolves.

But after leaving the Pack life and living a normal human life for the last 7 years she finds herself in the middle of a very painful shift in the late hours of night in her bed.

No one
Paradoxical
I wasn't exactly impressed with the beginning of the book. For some reason it didn't click with me--Jessica seemed a bland addition to the urban fantasy genre. She's special for being the only female born to werewolves (and the only female werewolf in the world, something told to us repeatedly), and of course comes with nifty powers that nobody else could compare to. This--I like this stuff, okay, but this was boring me more than anything.

I only really got interested in the book about halfway th
Mariann {at} Belle's Book Bag
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
Blooded was the first book that I read from Amanda Carlson and I knew that she had me before I was even finished that prequel novella. But I was still unprepared for how totally hooked I would be with Full Blooded.

It never fails to surprise me when I read a book from a new-to-me author and it blows me away. I love when a writer is able to capture me through the story and characters. Especially when I get so engrossed in a story that several hours pass without me being aware. Full Blooded is defi
Madison Mega-Mara...: Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson 1 2 Sep 29, 2013 04:56PM
Urban Fantasy Afi...: Grazzit's April Members Choice Read 15 31 Jun 13, 2013 01:28AM
Jessica McClain B...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chat with Amanda! - 04/22 @ 5-6 PM (CDT) / 6-7 PM (EDT) 131 46 Apr 22, 2013 08:31PM
Jessica McClain B...: Full Blooded 1 10 Mar 25, 2013 06:30AM
Goodreads Librari...: Books need to be combined 6 165 Aug 31, 2012 02:53PM
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Keeping Secret (Secret McQueen, #4)
  • Hunted by the Others (H&W Investigations, #1)
  • A Cat's Chance in Hell (Hellcat, #1)
  • Sealed with a Curse (Weird Girls, #1)
  • To Walk the Night (Kat Redding, #1)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Coveted (Coveted, #1)
  • Royal Street (Sentinels of New Orleans, #1)
  • Nightshifted (Edie Spence, #1)
  • Cursed (Fallen Siren, #1)
  • This Case Is Gonna Kill Me (Linnet Ellery #1)
  • Wildfire Gospel (Santeria Habitat, #3)
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
Amanda Carlson is the author of the upcoming Jessica McClain series. The first book, Full Blooded, will be released by Hachette Book Group, ORBIT US & UK SEPT 2012. She’s been writing for over ten years. Full Blooded is her first novel. She lives in Minneapolis, with her husband and three kids.
More about Amanda Carlson...

Jessica McClain (6 books)
  • Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2)
  • Cold Blooded (Jessica McClain, #3)
  • Red Blooded (Jessica McClain, #4)
  • Pure Blooded (Jessica McClain, #5)
  • Blue Blooded (Jessica McClain, #6)