Start by marking “The Secret of Candlelight Inn” as Want to Read:
The Secret of Candlelight Inn

The Secret of Candlelight Inn (Nancy Drew #139)

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  462 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
When Emmaline Whitby died, she bequeathed the historic Candlelight Inn to the Guiding Eyes foundation. Dedicated to helping the blind, the foundation plans to create a training center for Seeing Eye dogs. But as Nancy is about to discover, the inn is not only full of hope and history, it’s also packed with deep secrets and dark dangers…
Published September 27th 2011 by Aladdin (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret of Candlelight Inn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret of Candlelight Inn

Jerry
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Real quick: Another fun mystery featuring that famed teenage sleuth.
Jen
Today I'm 34 for the first time and I'm writing a book report review report on a Nancy Drew book. Times have changed, but some things remain. Nancy Drew books, for instance.

I loved reading Nancy Drew books while growing up. I happened to mention this to my second son and while at school he saw a Nancy Drew and thought of me. So sweet. Of course, since he was so happy to give it to me and use his library privileges to obtain it I was duty-bound to check in and see how Nancy is doing.

So I rea
•Abby•
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read all of the books, but I'm just too lazy to add them all to read ha lol
Serena
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:
       ♥MarinaCNCA♥
Sep 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any cnca
Recommended to ♥MarinaCNCA♥ by: no one
in the book candlenight inn she is working with her blind friends and then she finds out that someone is counterfeiting twenty dollars and she finds out that erick a nice friend of marissa ,nancy drew's friend gets caught with the money but she doesnt think it was him but then with his attitude she finds out it was.marissa didnt know that erick worked with her dead grandmother and then she finds out that her grandmother was also the one counterfeiting when she was alive and she paid erick with c ...more
Sarah Crawford
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This falls into the category of 'x needs money' type of stories. In this case it's a place that is planning to run an operation to train seeing-eye dogs and do other things to help blind people. Their money is limited and they are working out of an old inn which had been converted to a house.

The problem is that twenty-five years previously a counterfeit money operation was run out of the place and suddenly some of the bills produced during that time are showing up now. There's also the standard
Olivia
Jul 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was ok. I like that Marisa is blind but does so much detective work. The problem is it really sets up one character the whole book and at the end the villain comes out of no where.
Dana
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The creepy, dusty old inn surely scared the hell out of me! The title is catchy too..
Swati Singh
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Catherine by: noone
This was really awesome.
Ana
"finally DONE!. this book actually entertained me.(: look forward to reading more books about this author. She's always solving a mystery & it actually makes youu think. (:"
Meaghan
Nov 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like mystery books this is the book to read!
Rachel Redhead
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was good, an enthralling if slight story, but the characters are all engaging and the pages kept wanting to be turned by the story so that was good, and I learned a bit about counterfeit money
Priyanka
Apr 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great.It had soo much suspence in it.
Nishtha
Morh
Jan 18, 2015
Ashley
Sep 06, 2013
  • Passport to Danger (Hardy Boys, #179)
  • Flying Horse (Saddle Club, #46)
  • Vampire Slayer (Nancy Drew: The New Case Files, #1)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew, #10)