Start by marking “Love Lies” as Want to Read:
Love Lies

Love Lies

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Who killed suburban wife and mother Nancy Cooper...?
Suspicion fell on Nancy's handsome husband, Brad. But why would a devoted husband and father of two young girls want to kill his wife? Nancy's parents and friends knew why. And what transpired revealed secrets not only about Brad, but about their deceptively quiet town.
It would take a mountain of damning evidence to mak
Published December 1st 2011 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Love Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Lies

Florence (Lefty) MacIntosh
Ist book I’ve read by this author and I’m not impressed. Poorly written, boring & from what I’ve read on-line not well researched at all. I also found it very biased, almost the entire book is based on interviews with friends of the victim; only a couple of token interviews with anyone sympathetic to the accused. Why, was this too difficult to arrange, or simply not worth the effort?
Brad was sentenced to life in prison based on motive (she was leaving him) and all circumstantial evidence, t
Susan
Jan 17, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When this trial was going on in Raleigh I was OBSESSED with it. I even wrote about how I was going through withdrawals from it. So I just had to read this book even though I had heard before that it was totally biased.

After reading the book, I can see why Amanda Lamb was biased. She ran in the same circles as Nancy (had seen her around everywhere she hung out), their kids were similar in age, and they even lived in the same neighborhood I think. So I am sure when this happened she thought "Wow,
Ronnie Cramer
Oct 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
A young Canadian couple relocates to North Carolina and starts a family; one day the wife turns up missing and the husband is arrested for murder after her body is found. This book is admirably sympathetic to the victim and her family (to the point of being completely one-sided, some might argue), but it is long-winded and almost painfully repetitive. For example: both parties were unfaithful during the marriage, and the husband's affair with a particular neighbor (while having no bearing on the ...more
Allison D
This book caught my attention as we recently moved nearby where this case took place. I however found this book very biased and boring especially in comparison to accounts and articles I've read via google research. It's very repetitive.
Martha
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cooper murder covered by Amanda Lamb. I like this kind of book for seeing how crimes are solved. There was no forensic evidence tying Brad Cooper to his wife's murder, but circumstantial evidence convinced the jury that he killed his wife Nancy. After being granted a second trial, he pleaded guilty to a lesser offense and will be released in 2020.
Rebecca Hawkins
A little slow...

This was a very predictable story about a spouse being murdered. The mate is first suspect and as usual is arrested. From there it was a drag. I skipped a lot of the book, but really wanted to finish. Have read better true crime.
Lisa Tollard
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tragic Story

Such a tragic Story depicting emotional and psychological abuse. The book was well written and gave a good perspective on the events that led to the tragic death of Donna Cooper
Shirley York
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abusive Marriage

This 5 star rating is well deserved because Ms Lamb has the ability to make one feel as though he or she is right there with all the characters. Highly recommended.
Jane Thompson
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True Crime

An interesting book, this tells the story of a husband and wife, a bad marriage, and a murder trial. The book though is one sided and one wonders about the facts the author brought to light.
Theresa
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True murder

This is one of the best true, well written true murder stories I ever read. It made me cry at the end. He should have got more time than he did.
  • Body Dump
  • Bluegrass : A True Story of Murder in Small-Town Kentucky
  • A Slaying in the Suburbs: The Tara Grant Murder
  • Hush Little Babies: the true story of a mother who murdered her own children
  • Blood Bath
  • Portrait of a Monster: Joran van der Sloot, a Murder in Peru, and the Natalee Holloway Mystery
  • Poisoned Love
  • Murder by Family: The Incredible True Story of a Son's Treachery and a Father's Forgiveness
  • If Loving You Is Wrong: The Shocking True Story of Mary Kay Letourneau
  • Runaway Devil: How Forbidden Love Drove a 12-Year-Old to Murder Her Family
  • Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)
819461
Amanda Lamb is a professional juggler who hasn't slept in years. She juggles two busy careers along with a family. By day she is a television journalist assigned to the crime beat at an award-winning CBS affiliate, WRAL-TV, in Raleigh, North Carolina. She is also the author of eight published books.

Her newest project is a republished version of "Love Lies," a true crime originally published in 20
More about Amanda Lamb...
“The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost. —GILBERT K. CHESTERTON” 0 likes