Start by marking “Under Construction” as Want to Read:
Under Construction

Under Construction

(The Cartel Series #1)

When Alex takes on a new hotel project that seems too good to be true, she's soon embroiled in a mire of deception, drugs, and uncontrollably erotic encounters with two very strong willed men that soon become dangerous to both her body and her heart. Now she'll just have to stay alive long enough to choose between one really bad good guy and one really good bad guy…
* Cont
Published June 21st 2011 by Summer Ellis on Smashwords.com

To ask other readers questions about Under Construction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under Construction

Melissa Levine
I have to start by saying that the main characters in this story, Alex (slutty), Cale (bad guy), and Banker (good guy), reminded me of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. There's the main girl who ends up having sex with both male leads, but is drawn more to the nice(r) guy in the end. Anyways, thankfully the grammatical errors, although found throughout the story, weren't too bad or distracting. In the end, I wasn't a fan of Alex at all which probably made the story not seem as good t ...more
Tayinnawin
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I really did not like the beginning of this book. Not sure what it was - maybe it was, at first, awkward for the author to transition from once genre to another? Anyhow - what it boils down to, is that the beginning was, to me, a frantic effort to get a bunch of unorganized smut out of the way. It was almost like that twilight-zone space between 3 too many drinks and passing out among strangers. You are left cringing and asking WTF?

But then something good happened. Maybe Ms. Ellis stepped away
Melissa
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I got this one as a free read for my Kobo. And I love it. You have Alex a women who started a construction business with her hubby and got the business when they divorced. Alex is smart, funny and kickass. Not only that she is also involved with two Major Alpha men. Hot damn. I like Banker. Cale is good but Banker is my fav. And what girl doesn't have two best-friends who are more like sisters? I cried at the end and was completely shocked at he ending. I didn't expect it. I really didn't. The q ...more
Amanda
Feb 21, 2013 rated it liked it
A quick, fun read, but not really very believable. The characters were engaging and the action fast paced. The only cons were the many gramatical/punctuation errors and the unbelievable situations that Alex, the heroine (kinda), of the story somehow manages to find herself. Basically, Alex, a jilted divorcee and owner of a construction company, finds herself in the middle a layman's undercover operation to expose her wealthy business benefactor, while entering into a whirlwind romance with his s ...more
Mary Hartshorn
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know how they say "don't judge a book by it's cover"? Well I wasn't too excited to read this book. In fact I just randomly picked it since I was bored and didn't know what I would like to read. Wow was this book great! This book really intrigued me. The storyline was different, the characters are fascinating, the emotions are tumultuous! I can't wait to read the next two books. I highly recommend this book, definitely a must read!!!
Traviesa
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book. But daayyyuummmm I really liked it!! It was a fast read and I love that Alex is no wall flower! Her friends Max and Cody are a hoot! Ohhh and Banker...yeah I'm really digging him! As for Cale hmm...there is just so much more to him that I'm sure will be revealed in book 2. I was so freakin' happy when Alex avenged Max & Cody by taking Victor out! Thank you Summer as I look forward to the rest of the books in this series.
Corie
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
There were some odd scenes in this that left me thinking "what the heck just happened?" And maybe a bit of rushing through some parts or not quite enough detail. But overall a great reading find for me that I'd just happened upon and I'm glad. 3.75 Stars.

Some very drastic events at the end, so I'm definitely committed to find out what happens next.
Jaime
Jul 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
If Suzanne Brockmann, Janet Evanovich, Susan Mallery & Maya Banks made a baby that baby would be named Summer Ellis & the grandbaby would be Under Construction The Cartel Series.

Hilarious, cute, sweet, sexy as hell, hot, suspenseful, hot men, gun fight, murder, sex, tattoos, rough sex, girl on girl implied, and Dogs.

Bob & Penelope Barker make the book.
Juliet
This book is quite light and fun to read and I enjoyed the story. I was going to give it a 4 stars rating until the last 2 chapters. It is ridiculous to kill off almost every character in the story and then left an open ending leading to the next book. One thing I hate about amazon free books that are series read is that most of them have an open ending. It always take one star off the book.
Elizabeth
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Unpredictable and exciting

3.5 stars. I had know idea where this was going but now i can't wait for the next book. A really interesting read with a female lead who starts off a little TSTL but improves towards the end.
I can now add that I would never have predicted where this series goes. Worth a read
Hana
May 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, thriller, trash
1,5 stars. It wasn't an absolute crap but it was close - a mixture of un/responsible behavior, mob, two sexy and mysterious guys... it felt like the author didn't know what to tell. The main female character was a complete slut - one moment she has sex with one man, the next with the other. At least dialogues were somewhat decent.
Chris
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Unpleasant

Unpleasant

I will just say this should/must be 21 or older to read. Way to exotic for my reading taste. To be far to the author I will not give my opinion of what I read which was half the book.....
Malinda
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book and the whole series! I couldn't put it down and enjoyed every action packed, funny and steamy moment. Amazing writing and hope there may be a book from Banker's POV in the future
Kellie Harrington
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
awesome book for her first! cant wait for restricted access.
Lexie Huber
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, adventure
This was an okay book, but not a believable story. It had just enough gore and sex to hold your interest. Quick read.
Deborah Chesler char
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love this series
Nelta
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great fun read! Looking forward to the next book in this series!
RJ
Jun 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
The story line is about a recently divorced strong woman solving a mystery. That is great. The reason for the low rating is the 2 very unsettling near or actual rapes. Very distrubing.
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 4/19/13
Myriah Hall
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ended a little too abrupt...
chass
Danielle
Jul 27, 2013
Kira
Feb 14, 2013

• The End of Games (The Single Lady Spy, #2)
  • Scent of a Vampire (The Evolved, #1)
  • Restless Spirit
  • Improper Pleasures (Pleasures, #1)
  • The Jaxon Effect (Jaxon Effect Trilogy, #1)
  • Between Faith and Fear (Captive, #2)
  • Tortured Soul
  • Destiny United (Shadows of Destiny, #2)
  • Zenya's Story (Fang Chronicles, #3)
  • Un.Requited (Slayter #1)
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #2)
  • Crossfire: Fire and Ice (Crossfire, #2)
  • The Grey Tier: A Dead Celeb Mystery
  • Range (I Am Just Junco, #4)
  • Necromancing Nim (Necromancing Nim, #1)
  • Red Leopard (Vistaria Affair, #1)
  • Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires #1)
  • Slayer's Kiss (The Shadow Slayers, #1)
Visit me @ www.summerellisbooks.com

Here's the thing - I kill people. Okay, not really...No, really! I promise I don't. I just like to think about it. A lot. Almost as much as I like to read smutty romance novels. (Hi, my name is Summer and I'm an addict.)

I'm just like you, though - a regular person. I'm married, no children yet, and I live in a small town on the Gulf Coast of Texas.

I had

The Cartel Series (4 books)
  • Restricted Access