Start by marking “A Girl Named Willow Krimble (Willow Krimble, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Girl Named Willow Krimble (Willow Krimble, #1)

Read Book

A Girl Named Willow Krimble

(Willow Krimble #1)

So, you’ve just discovered that the person who has tormented, mocked and humiliated you for the past three years is lying in the school parking lot, bleeding internally from a hit and run accident. No one else is around and you need to get to a life-and-death family emergency of your own before it is too late. What would you do? Oh, did I mention you have the secret abilit ...more
Published January 19th 2011 by Self Published-read for free via url

To ask other readers questions about A Girl Named Willow Krimble, please sign up.
Maria Probably Raz. I identified a lot with her. For some time I had so much rage. How about you?

Start your review of A Girl Named Willow Krimble (Willow Krimble, #1)
Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)
A Girl Named Willow Krimble is a book that caught me so off guard. The synopsis hadme interested, don’t get me wrong, but I had no idea I was going to fall so in love with this book. The characters were great all the way from Willow, our main character, to her funny group of friends; even the people we meet along her journey were phenomenal. The special ability that Willow acquired through this story not only makes for some interesting moments but it also causes our main character to grow and le ...more
Joanne Kelleher
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
There is A LOT going on with Willow Krimble. She discovers that she has the ability to heal people and animals, her grandmother dies, and she is being bullied. She manages everything, including a fallout with her best friend, in a mature way. Willow is a likable character; sometimes she seems a bit older than she is supposed to be.
Michelle
Sep 01, 2011 rated it liked it
My Thoughts:
I am normally an adult genre reviewer. However, when A Girl Named Willow Krimble was offered up in the nest, I was drawn to it & claimed it. It took me a while to finally get to it, with life and the epically long A Dance With Dragons read. Mr. Bianco was even kind enough to send me a paperback, to save my poor eyes from having to read it off a computer.

It took me a chapter or two to really get into this book - Not due to the author's prowess, but because it is so far removed from wh
Marcie
Jul 06, 2011 rated it liked it
A Girl Named Willow Krimble by Giuseppe Bianco is not the first book I've read about a girl with the ability to heal but it's definitely an interesting take on the subject. Willow Krimble is a young girl just trying to make it through life. Willow was born without one of her legs. She wears a prosthetic and is completely comfortable in her skin. However her slight difference makes her a target for bullies. Willow discovers by accident that she has an extraordinary gift. The ability to heal. Will ...more
Brittney Musick
I won a copy of A Girl Named Willow Krimble in a Goodreads giveaway, and it took me a little while to get around to reading it. When I finally did pick it up, it took me a few chapters to really get into the story. I think this was because the main character was a little younger than I'm typically used to reading. However, once I got into the story, I really enjoyed it quite a lot.

Willow was a very likable character. She's kind and caring, and often puts others ahead of herself. She also doesn't
Lisa (lifeinlit)
Feb 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I was contacted by Giuseppe Bianco and asked to read and review his novel, I read the synopsis and was immediately intrigued. I haven't read a lot of MG, but I was excited to give this one a try. And boy, am I happy that I did! :)

Willow Krimble is a wonderfully-written book with a beautiful message. The main character, Willow, is immediately likable. She's so sweet and always worries about others before herself, often putting her own needs and wants to the side. From page 1 I was hooked on
Aine
Such a cute, sweet book.

I was asked to review A Girl Named Willow Krimble, by author Giuseppe Bianco, months ago. I finally picked it up, and I can't believe how much I loved it! I've not read a lot of middle grade novels. I loved Harry Potter and The Spiderwick Chronicles, but they're fantasy. There's fun and magic. But I've not enjoyed many middle grade contemporary novels. Even though there is a bit of magic in this novel, it's definitely a contemporary.

Willow is a thirteen-year-old girl who
Terry
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book with remorse...
only because there weren't more pages left to read!
I don't like to admit it, but I expected this book to be your run-of-the-mill young adult book. Instead, I was very pleasantly mistaken and found it to be a beautifully wrapped offering with layers of character, virtue and good old fashioned heartfelt storytelling.

As I'm sitting here trying to write a review for this book, I'm struggling because I honestly can not do this book justice. To try to descri
Steven
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book on goodreads. This story is directed to readers between 10-14 year old, but as a 29 year old male, I loved this book. With the opening of the story the reader is introduced to Willow Krimble and instantly falls in love with this caring soul. Chapter after chapter you grow in respect for how Willow faces hard choices and deals with her speacial gift while she is only in the 8th grade. Willow teaches us of the power of frienship, forgivness, and love. This book is a fast read for a ...more
Steph
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the sweetest books that I've read in a long time. Though I think it was written more for teenagers, I still enjoyed it immensely. Following Willow as she goes through many trials and tribulations is a very interesting journey, and I enjoyed watching her grow up into a very caring and compassionate young lady. Even though she had many reasons to be selfish, she focused all of her energy trying to help others. In today's society, that is something that you don't see anymore, and th ...more
Cathy
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I won this on a Goodreads Firstreads Giveaway. Very nice book. It was nice to read a book with an interesting premise. Very nicely written and easy to read. I loved the characters - especially Willow and Razz. I like the way the story ended and that there could be a sequel, but there doesn't have to be because the book didn't leave you hanging. It was nice to read something without foul language too!
Calley Bryson
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely feel good book. Beautifully written, easy to follow and perfect for snuggling up with after a long day with a hot drink.

This wonderful book features a young girl who discovers one day that she can heal others. You grow to love the characters and I hope they will feature in more books. I cant wait to read more about the feisty Razzel, Caring Willow, and what happens in the future with Trist?

Throughly enjoyable read and highly recommended

Debbie Kennedy
Jun 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a quick easy read and the characters were very enjoyable. I would like to have my 9 year old daughter read this as I think there are some great messages conveyed throughout the book.
Jackie Fitts
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic tween read appealing to realistic and fantasy readers alike. The well-developed characters will stay with you long after the book's end - keeping you hoping for sequels to come! Check out why Willow Krimble is not your ordinary teenage girl!
Jodie Bookout
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with the characters right away. Willow and Razzle were to wonderful characters. The storyline kept we reading!
Kelly
Jun 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, won
I really enjoyed this book, it was a nice easy read with characters you can relate to. I'll definitely look out for book 2!
Marion Dodson
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Readers fall in love with Willow from the start. Great story, great characters - a must read!
Win Zaw
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Kate
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
**NOTE: there are some minor spoilers ahead. Nothing that gives the whole book away, but a few things I couldn't really leave out while writing this review**

This was a highly enjoyable middle grade book, which the author was nice enough to send me. Anyone can read it for free online on the Willow Krimble website, but there's something about holding onto a book that really helps me get into a story. So, straight off, THANK YOU to Guiseppe Bianco for sending me a copy of this great book!

Onto the
Heather
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
(This review can also be found on my blog The (Mis)Adventures of a Twenty-Something Year Old Girl).

Okay, so I'm addicted to blog book comps. That's no secret. When I came across a blog giving away a copy of a book entitled A Girl Named Willow Krimble, I was intrigued by the whole synopsis. It sounded super cool, and I definitely was not disappointed one bit after reading this book.

Willow Krimble is a 13 year old girl with a big heart. She tries to see the best in everyone and tries to help out i
Maria
Aug 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone and everyone
Melissa
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story from start to finish! Willow is an awesome character I just fell in love with. Razzel her beat friend is just as amazing and her polar opposite.

Great story.
Nataliazm2001
Aug 19, 2014
Akshita
Mar 15, 2012

• My Best Friend Is a Secret Agent: How Chip Became C.H.I.P. and Foiled the Freaky Fuzzy Invasion
  • Football Genius (Football Genius, #1)
  • The Stolen Kingdom
  • My Worst Day Ever! (Julia Jones' Diary #1)
  • Thea Stilton And The Mystery In Paris (Thea Stilton, #5)
  • The Accidental Cheerleader (Candy Apple #1)
  • The Stone of Fire (Geronimo Stilton Cavemice #1)
  • Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
  • The Thirteen Ghosts
  • Oliver Twist
  • Little Women
  • The Addams Family
  • Anne Frank: The Biography
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: A Graphic Novel
  • Secrets of Alfea (WINX Club, Vol. 2)
  • Pollyanna
  • Bloom's Discovery (WINX Club, Vol. 1)
  • Thea Stilton and the Mystery on the Orient Express (Thea Stilton #13)
Just a guy with a lot of stories to tell. Please check out my novel, "A Girl Named Willow Krimble". It is totally free on my web site. Why? Because I want people to read it. Not just midddle-graders, but everyone. I hope you enjoy it because her story will continue in the next book I am writing.