Start by marking “Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2)

Scales And A Tail

(Midnight Matings #2)

The paranormal world is in chaos. The elders are tired of their younger people playing the field, causing trouble, and fighting with each other. Everyone who attends the UPAC Conference now has twenty-four hours to claim a mate of a different species. If they don't, they will never have a mate. The spell is cast. There is no escaping the Midnight Matings.

Beauregard Stratf
Published June 21st 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published May 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Scales And A Tail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scales And A Tail

Start your review of Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings, #2)
Breann
Big ‘ol dragon with a cute little bunny? Yeah, this was cute. But that’s about it.

There’s some fighting and discrimination happening among shifter kind, so the genius idea was to force shifters to marry outside of their own kind.

So…

Sebastian the Dragon

marries

Beauregard the Rabbit

Cute premise, big bag marries cute and tiny, but it
Candice
6th read 10-5-18
I can not get enough of this book! I love it so much.

5th Reading August 2017
I love my Beauregard. He's the best. I can't get over how much I love this book. This might be my most re-read.

4th Reading on 1-25-15
Well, I read this book 4 times in a year and I have to say it never gets old. I still love Beauregard. I love this book so much I bought it in paperback, as well, just so it can sit on my shelf :) This 4th time around I read the paperback and it was weird sitting with an actual book and not my Kindle in my hand. HA! Ire-read.
4thmuch.
5th
Serena Yates
May 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
The concept of the 'forced matings', including all the consequences if people don't obey these totally arbitrary (as far as I can see even after the second book) rules was still a bit ridiculous.

What made this book more enjoyable than the first was the characters. Beauregard, the bunny, made me laugh out loud several times. Yes, he may have been a bit over the top, but I still liked him. With Sebastian the dragon being so different, it made for a very entertaining read. I loved the t
Bitchie
I'm very surprised to say that I enjoyed this as much as I did! I mean, sure, this wasn't exactly highbrow lit-ra-chure, but sometimes you just need silly, and this was silly and cute. It had some tropes that I don't usually enjoy much, but they worked well for me here.
Susan
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mpreg, mm, shifters
Spoilery review.

I feel angry. That is what book-angst does to me.
I stayed up late to finish this and now have a headache.

I thought this would be another fluffy mpreg shifter read. My guilty pleasure. But instead I got a stupid misunderstanding.

description

This is what happens:

“You’ve all taken a toast with me. As such, you are now bound by the covenants we put before you.”
“Each of you has twenty-four hours to find and claim your mate,” El
happens:
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

This was a reread, after a conversation on the greatness of mpreg books with Jenni Lea and teaching Gina what mpreg actually is, I decided it needed to be celebrated by rereading this one.
It's still so cute, I mean a bubblegum chewing ( only watermelon please) toenail painting, cute green bunny purse wearing bunny shifter, Beauregard being unwittingly and not quite willingly mated to the prince of dragons.
So yes, great set-up.
Beauregard was honest to his mate from the ons
Camille Adams
This was silly, so very ridiculously silly...and yet it made me smile throughout so three stars.

Chick with a dick to the extreme, confusing and crazy mpregnancy, weird woman-less world, every mills and boons trope thrown in to maximum effect, substantial editing errors, plus some shifting to top it off and you have the Pulitzer Prize equivalent of pulp with which to pass time on the train.
Fani *loves angst*
I actually believe I felt a few braincells dying while reading this:) Still, bunny tails and smoke brathing dragons aside, it was not bad, in fact I actually enjoyed it. Which makes me ashamed I must admit, but there you have it.
Aղցela W.
This was a short quick funny read. I mean a bunny and a shifter mated. This is book two in the Midnight Matings series this one was written by one of my favorite shifter m/m writers Stormy Glenn. The elders are tired of their younger people playing the field, causing trouble, and fighting with each other. Everyone who attends the UPAC Conference now has twenty-four hours to claim a mate of a different species. If they don't, they will never have a mate. The spell is cast. There is no escaping th ...more
Honey
The premise of this series is rather disturbing. I find it hard to believe that the idea of forcibly making the paranormal community mate by putting something in their drinks and giving them 24h to find a mate is the idea of a mature, intelligent Council of Elders. Maybe because it sounds too close to rape aided by the use of date rape drugs?

Beauregard is saved from this fate by Sebastian. Thinking the best solution is to just mate each other; they do so and make their way to Sebasti
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Tailtiu
3.5*
Much much better than the first one in this series.
The bunny was great, although I sort of wished I had seen more of his antics and bubblegum fetish( he seemed to spend all his time In his room ) and I liked the Dragon! :)

The big misunderstanding had to happen, of course, but the groveling in this one was enough to make me happy! :)
And you could see how much the dragon wanted to make his bunny happy even before the big Mis.
(view spoiler)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
I love Stormy Glenn, so I knew I was in for a treat! This was really good, a rabbit shifter and a dragon shifter. My heart broke for Beau at one point, and I don't think I would have ever forgave my mate for what Sebastian did.

One thing that is going to start to get annoying is if they all begin with the same counsel scene, which I suspect they do!
Leaundra
May 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beauregard and Sebastian were so sweet together. They were perfect for each other. Don't want to give anything away even in the spoiler section so you have to read it:-)
Fatimama
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really cute, I liked the misunderstanding, angst, and grovel. Seb was really a dumbass but I liked how it was resolved.
Terra Noah
Reviewed for Gayrotic Reviews.

I liked the story and the characters, but I had a big problem with the writing and editing. There were numerous repetitions in the text, both things we'd already been told before (sometimes twice), and words repetitions. In one place, for example, six paragraphs in a row start with "Sebastian". There were also a lot of typos that bothered me. I don't mind some, but I get annoyed when there are too many. The writing itself also bothered me. It was very "telling" wit
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Don't expect in depth life changing plot lines when it comes to this series. It's meant to be fun and I think that the authors have some crazy bet going on who can come up with the most crazy shifter combination!

Beauregard = super cute bunny shifter
(who had my favorite quote in the whole book)
“I can lick my own balls.”
Sebastian’s mouth dropped open. “You can what?”
“I’m a rabbit.” Beauregard smirked and wiggled his eyebrows.”

Sebestian = big sexy dragon shifter
(kind of an ass/>
Sadonna
This story is a hoot. Beauregard and Sebastian are seemly mismatched Dragon and Rabbit shifters that come together at the behest of the Council of Elders. Their meeting starts off with a bang and gets crazier from there. They are hilarious together, but when they arrive home to Sebastian's castle, it turns out there are some hurdles for them to get over before their HEA.

Both have large personalities and there are quite a few misunderstandings. Communication is not their strong suit. Luckily the
Elisa Rolle
Sometime you need something with no emotional involvement, meaning no angst, no drama, something funny and cute, and so, even if I have tons of books I need to read, yesterday night I browsed the kindle ebooks and picked this one: a rabbit shifter mated with a dragon? Well, it had to be funny! And what promised, it delivered. But actually, considering I’m not new to a Stormy Glenn’s comedy, I have to say I noticed a huge improvement, while preserving her distinctive touch of cute bottom boys, th ...more
Julia ♥Duncan♥
Wow... I actually liked this. That was unexpected. I'm really not a fan of shifters (but I just couldn't resist a bunny). Also not a huge fan of insta-matings. And I don't really like it when the characters hook up immediately. And yet... I liked this. Probably because Beauregard was so awesome. He was this adorable little white bunny shifter, but when he stood up for himself he was pretty fierce and totally wonderful.

There were lots of things that bothered me about this though. It needed bette
Christy
(Note added 5/28/2016): This might just be my go-to book whenever I'm feeling sad, or just need to laugh and enjoy the sweetest guy EVER. Beauregard is adorable, and I fell in love with him the first time I read this book over 3 years ago. By now I think I've reread this at least 10-15 times. Yes, my friends, I consider it to be that fabulous!
I loved it that Sebastian finally got his head out of his ass. If he hadn't, then he wouldn't have been good enough for my favorite bunny shifter. ...more
Michelle (Sherbet Lemon)
Parts are rather amusing, but I'm starting to find that all published mpreg/alpha and omega type stuff is far outdone by fanfiction (which is free), in terms of scope, breadth and emotion, so back to a fanfiction I go. Still, I liked the idea of different species of shifters well enough, and that they could mate together. Honestly though, is anyone straight in this world? I mean I don't care that there are no straight people and maybe the number of men and lack of straightness is explained in th ...more
Theresa
Mar 24, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yuck. Combination Eve Langlais knock off and prego chick with a dick.
Gaa-chan
First read - July 28, 2014

Story - 5 stars
Performance - 4 stars
Overall - 4.5 stars

Second read - May 10, 2015

Third read - August 29, 2016
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
Sounded very cute to me.But I did not like it as much.
Sally
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifters, dragons, mpreg
I actually really enjoyed this one. Short but well written.
Anna Goerlitz
1,5-2 stars
Let me start this review by admitting, that I am not much of a shifter girl. So to win me over, a shifter story needs strong world building, a good plot and characters with depth. Unfortunately, this story had neither.

The story takes place in a world, where there are mythical creatures of all kinds roaming the world among the humans. The shifters / different types of beings are fighting among themselves, so the elders device a plan to gain peace through forced interr
Michelle
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: purchased
If you're looking for a quick-fix gay fantasy/shifter romance, then this will suffice. However, don't expect a ground breaking, gut-wrenching story. Just expect smut and some happy lovin' between a rabbit and a dragon shifter.

I liked the twist on inter-species between the shifters. That was cute. I also liked their banter, differences in personalities, love scenes, the emotional drama, and the action. Those were the good parts, however, I didn't like the fantasy around the male pregn
JoAnn
“However, I am still a rabbit. That being said, and considering we are now mated, you should know that rabbits are clichés. As the saying goes, we fuck like bunnies. Carrots are an aphrodisiac, and if you piss me off, I will leave pellets in your shoes.”

Switchbladesmile
First: The good thing is that I came around to finish this book.
There are books in my collection (not many, but still) I wasn't able to do so.

But: That's it. The summary sounded promising and kinda sweet. So I was looking forward to the romantic story of a dragon and a bunny falling in love.

It started out ok, but then it turned into a mess. I had to laugh several times because I really didn't know why I was reading such an accumulation of nonsense.

The ma
Ulysses Dietz
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal romance run amok!

What happens when the elders declare that all paranormals have to mate with the next 24 hours or face dire consequences?

Hilarity and heartbreak, that's what.

Beauregard Stratford is a rabbit shifter, and an odd one at that. Sebastian Drakus is the prince of the dragon clan. But inside that tough dragon hide is a gentle heart, and his impulsive rescue of Beauregard during the mating frenzy at the paranormal...um...conference?...has co
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Stormy Glenn rides again 1 12 Jan 21, 2014 04:48PM
IGNORE 1 26 May 16, 2013 09:00AM

• Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings #3)
  • Two Fangs And A Hoof (Midnight Matings #4)
  • The Shark Who Rode a Seahorse (Mate or Meal #5)
  • Nicholas's Wolf (Brac Pack #14)
  • Falling in Love Again (Of Dragons and Wolves #6)
  • The Vampire's Special Lover (Wolves of Stone Ridge #16)
  • Determined Mate (Holland Brothers, #2)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenag

Midnight Matings (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Squeak And A Roar (Midnight Matings #1)
  • Fire And Ash (Midnight Matings #3)
  • Two Fangs And A Hoof (Midnight Matings #4)
  • Myth And Mischief (Midnight Matings #5)
  • Fang And Fur (Midnight Matings #6)
  • Fantasy, Legend, And The Guardian (Midnight Matings #7)
  • White Paws And A Dream (Midnight Matings #8)
  • Spells And Bananas (Midnight Matings #9)
  • Sparkle and Purr (Midnight Matings #10)
  • Howl And Harmony (Midnight Matings #11)
Beauregard shrieked when he was suddenly grabbed and swung around. Sebastian pressed him into the mattress and moved to kneel between his thighs. He hovered over the top of Beauregard, his arms resting on each side of Beauregard’s head. “I am a dragon, little bunny, and I am not a cliché in any form of the word. I’m big and bad and mean. I can break you in two without breaking a sweat. Piss me off and I’ll singe every bit of fur from your body.”
“I can lick my own balls.”
Sebastian’s mouth dropped open. “You can what?”
“I’m a rabbit.” Beauregard smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. “We’re very flexible.”
One of Sebastian’s eyebrows shot up. “Just how flexible are we talking here?”
0 likes