Start by marking “Crime Scene Jerusalem: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Crime Scene Jerusalem: A Novel

Crime Scene Jerusalem: A Novel

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  123 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

Maxwell Odom is one of the nation's top crime-scene investigators. While staying at a hotel in Jerusalem, he steps out to meet his driver and discovers he has been miraculously transported to ancient Jerusalem in the days following Jesus' crucifixion.

According to his guide, the only way for Odom to return to his own time is by solving a historical crime—a conspiracy of th

Published January 1st 2007 by David C. Cook

Reika
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
This book for me is an eye opener. I cried reading the book because I was already in the state of non-believing. I'm not a very religious person but it made me remember that GOD suffered so much for US. It may be true or it may not be (the thought of having GOD), but I won't loose anything if I believe, right?
Cathy Campbell
Sep 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
The main character in this novel is a crime-scene investigator who finds himself in a time he knows nothing about investigating the death of Jesus. He learns how the tragic events in his personal life intersect those of the first century. This is a page turner that get better with each page.
Pygmy
Dec 07, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sci-fi
It sounded lulzy (jaded CSI guy gets sent back in time to ancient-day Jerusalem!) so I am giving it a shot.
---------------
ETA:

Woah, this book is irritating and boring all in one. The main character gets transported by his driver into ancient-day Jerusalem right after Jesus' death. But instead of explaining anything, the Enigmatic Driver forces the CSI guy to haul his kit around to various sites where Jesus was prior to death and have him "investigate" them. Which is ridiculous, since as soon as
Dan Rowling
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I really did not know how the author was going to tie everything together, but he sure did, only the way that Alton Gansky can. Not only have I recommended this to others like my mother but I have lent it to her and she has finished it in record time. It is just one of those books that you really cannot put down. The Gospel message is all thru this book and it is really good to see how it works on the main character's life throughout the story. Not only does he seem alo ...more
Erin
Sep 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Crime Scene Investigator Max Odom heads to Jerusalem to speak on technological advances and get away from the nightmare that his life has become. When his driver escorts him not to the conference but instead back in time to the most pivotal time in history - the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ - Max must examine the scene with modern eyes. This hardened man out of time meets disciples, rulers, and other Biblical characters and visits the garden of Gethsemane, Golgotha and the tomb a ...more
Chas Funderburg
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was gritty, intense, and very real. You felt like you were in Jerusalem yourself, walking in the shoes of Max Odom. The attention to forensic detail enthralls you while the story keeps you glued to every page. As a believer, I liked how Yoshua Ben Joseph (Yeshua Ha Massiach) guides the investigator through a story that brings him to making a decision about to whom his life really belongs.
ChrisGA
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: w-read-2017
Very intense portrayal of the death and resurrection of Jesus through first-person accounts of those who played a role. The twist is that it is a 21st century criminalist who is led by his guide to Investigate the crime, talk to witnesses, and will be forever changed.
Clara Dearmore Strom
Jan 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This was about a CSI tech sent to Jersualem and when he steps out of the hotel he is transported back 2000 years to a few days after Jesus is risen from the dead. This book gives a different perspective of the 2000 year old "crime scene".
Cathy H.
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
I enjoyed this fictional time travel piece back to Jerusalem after the death and resurrection of Jesus. The crime scene investigator is not a believer, and how he processes the evidence makes a very good read before Easter.
Chloe
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
It was Ok. Not the best book I've ever read. I wish it would have gotten into better detail of the times and what all happened. It just kind of skimmed by with the information given. Didn't make me want to read more.
Beth
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
What do you think it would be like if you suddenly stepped back in time to when Christ was on earth? This is an interesting look at the time just following the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. Well worth reading. As you get closer to the end, it's almost like you are the main character.
Carol
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Crime Scene Jerusalem by Alton Gansky is an excellent Christian Fiction Mystery novel. A superb blend of crime scene investigation, time travel, and suspense make this novel quite entertaining.
Lawrence
Jan 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Gansky wrote a thought provoking story. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Nicole
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brings the passion of the Christ to life. One for the keeper shelf!
Cheryl
Feb 23, 2011
Stephanie Knighton
Feb 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Alton Gansky is the author of 30 books--24 of them novels, including the Angel Award winner Terminal Justice and Christy Award finalist A Ship Possessed. A frequent speaker at writing conferences, he holds a BA and MA degrees in biblical studies. Alton and his wife reside in Southern California.
More about Alton Gansky...