Start by marking “A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps, #35)” as Want to Read:
A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps, #35)

A Shocker on Shock Street

(Goosebumps #35)

TALK ABOUT SHOCK TREATMENT!

Erin Wright and her best friend, Marty, love horror movies Especially Shocker on Shock Street movies. All kinds of scary creatures live on Shock Street. The Toadinator. Ape Face. The Mad Mangler.

But when Erin and Marty visit the new Shocker Studio Theme Park, they get the scare of their lives.

First their tram gets stuck in The Cave of the Living
Published September 1995 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Shocker on Shock Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shocker on Shock Street

✨Tamara
#35 "It's a real dead end."
Erin and Marty are big horror movie buffs. They love the Shocker on Shock Street films. So when they get the opportunity to visit the Shocker Studio Theme Park they jump at the chance. It's everything they hoped it would be. Just like in the movies. But it's all completely fake rig right? Very much like one day at HorrorLand with giant monsters.
Carmen
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I ignored all the sounds. I didn't want to think about whether they were being made by real monsters or fakes. I didn't want to think about the frightening creatures we had run into - or the close calls Marty and I had had.

I didn't want to think.

Excellent. We're back on track. This is a great Goosebumps novel.

Erin and Marty are best friends - 12 years old and so similar-looking they are often mistaken for twins. But they are similar in more than appearance! They both love horror movies, and alwa
it'chy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft
that was quite unexpected, bob!

p26: the frog-faced guy covered from head to toe with purple and brown warts was the fabulous frog, also known as the toadinator. he starred in pond scum and pond scum ii, two of the scariest movies ever made.
Emma Louise
Feb 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood
My favourite of the Goosebumps books. Scared me to death when I was 8.
Poonam
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, horror
This is a thrilling read which kept me at edge. The ending is a shocker and I think reading this in middle of the night added to the fun.
Whitney
Jul 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spooky, middle-grade
I always thought this one was super creepy. Maybe this is why I hate praying mantises to this day.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL!!!
THAT ENDING!!!

Ohmygosh!!! I can't even.. Ahhh!!
David Santos
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
I love books about haunted houses and things of that nature. While I love reading about them, I can't be in them. I'm about 3 scares away from a heart attack. Anyways, the book sounds dumb and the cover looks like a movie cover for Starship Troopers V, but it was actually pretty good. You have two kids who get to be the first kids to test out a horror ride or a tour ride of Shocker Studios. They get to see every scene from movies in the studio, but it comes to life! Now that would be fun.....and ...more
Krystal
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Look to be honest I don't think I will ever not be entertained by giant monsters rampaging through cities, destroying things and terrorising people.

I don't really know what that says about me as a person, but it does mean this was a fun read.
Patrick
Feb 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Kevin Xu
Jan 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
a great shocking ending!
Ken
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erin and her friend Marty are big fans of the horror franchise ‘Shock Street’.
So when Erin finds out that her father is working on an amusement park based on the hit series, she can’t contain her delight! As she is given the chance to experience the park prior to the big unveiling.

I loved the various characters that Stine creates that Erin and Marty meet along the way. This leads to some fun cliffhangers and of course the iconic Praying Mantis!

One of the great Goosebumps twists, I also like the
Tristen Carreon
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book A Shocker on Shock Street. I liked this book because I loved the twist at the end. It makes you just completely backtrack everything you thought was going to happen. This book also talks about a dad who just works for a movie company. But, in the end this turns out be what makes the story have a large twist that changes everything. So, if you like big twists and scary books this book is for you. So, see ya! i'm off to reading more scary books.
Victoria Zigler
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending was a little bit disappointing, but for the most part I thought this was a great read that's sure to give you goosebumps.
Tiffany Spencer
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Shock On Shock Street
PLOT: The Shocker on Shock Street horror movies are some of the most popular with kids and adults. Erin's father's job is to design theme parks and he has designed a tour that takes you on a tram car to meet the characters from the movies face to face and down the actual set where the movies take place. Erin and her friend Marty will be the first kids to test the ride.

MY THOUGHTS:
*Right away we get a hint that something isn't right because Erin mentions wanting her mother
Darcy McLaughlin
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Oh boy. As soon as you read the title to this one, you know you're in for something special. We open up with our hero Erin and her friend Marty having some spooky encounters with monsters, only to find out they're watching a scary movie at the theatre. I like to imagine this is a Thriller reference, and although we get zombies later they sadly do not perform a dance sequence.

Anyway, Erin's friend Marty is your staple GB asshole kid. I can't count the number of kids in this series that are just t
Janet Sosnowski
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
4adrian
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Their is one girl and a boy who have a dad that has just made a scary theme park.They both love scary things. They love horror movies too. Their father has spent for ever working on this project and he is finally finished he right away invites them but wont tell them much about it in a strange way.

The two of them want to go on this ride and have a blast (before the ride starts). Then they love it and want to keep going while the sister is getting a bad felling about it (at the start of the rid
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: A Shocker on Shock Street
Series: Goosebumps #35
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

A decent installment within this series, but nothing amazing. Basically, Erin and Marty love the Shock Street horror films so when they get the chance to go to the studio they're filmed at, they're very excited. But when they meet some of the creatures, they come off a bit too real.

This isn't really one that stands out too much but it's still a good childr
Badiss
May 25, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erin and her best friend Marty are in love with horror movies. One day Erin and Marty visit the new Shocker Studio Theme park, where all their favorite horror moves get shot. When they get there, real live monster's start chasing them, and trying to kill them.

I recommend this book to everyone. I enjoyed reading this book. I was able to keep a strong image in my head of what was happening in the book.

If i were to rate this book out of ten, i would give it six and a half. I continue to enjoy R.L.
Hyun
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can see how young boys would like this book so I gave it three stars. The writing is very simplistic and it didn't really appeal to me. However, I'm a proponent of anything that gets children, especially young boys reading. I would not have chosen this book to read, but it was given as a gift to my son and he wanted me to read it with him.
Ms.
May 15, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sami-c
I liked this book because it has some creepy parts like when they are in "The Cave of Creeps" white worms fall from the ceiling and crawl all over them, the way the book descried them creeped me out. Read this book if you enjoy weird and creepy books.
Ted Sanders
Jul 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so bad that I had to read it twice to make sure. A Shocker on Shock Street remains my only 1-star book on GoodReads. Sorry R.L. Stine!

The ending was the worst part. Eight-year-old me had exacting standards, perhaps.
Rebecca McNutt
Kind of an interesting story, but a little predictable at times.
Glenn Smith
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Read from October 10, 2013 - October 10, 2013
Tracey
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it when I'm totally taken by surprise by a Goosebumps book. I did not see that twist coming at the end. I was a little scared for the kids lol
Koval
Oct 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book was okay and one thing I noticed was that the book and the episode were different.
Abhirami
Aug 31, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
I LIKE ALL GOOSEBUMPS AND THIS I AM NOT A BIT SCARED LIKE ALL OTHER SERIES
Ian
Dec 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know that someday robots have feelings as well as we human have
Texas State Poder
OSCAR MILAN

A Shocker on Shock Street is a good book has a lot of suspence. This book is about two kids named Erin and Marty.The two boys like to see all the movies of Shock Street.But when they finish seeing Shock Street VI .They go to Erin's Dad that is a engenier that builds robots that go in theme parks and makes theme parks.Then Erin's Dad he tells them that he has bad news but he pranks them.Then he tells them that he had bin working in a new theme park that is about Shock Street. They both
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Warning (Animorphs, #16)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)

R. L. Stine b

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)