Start by marking “Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe” as Want to Read:
Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe

Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe

(Jacob Wonderbar #2)

Presidential campaigns are all fun and games until someone threatens to blow up your home planet

When Jacob Wonderbar receives a message that he's been nominated for President of the Universe, he, Sarah Daisy, and Dexter immediately return to space. But Jacob's archnemesis, Prince Mick Cracken, is running as well, and his campaign tactics involve kidnappings and rogue spa
Published April 12th 2012 by Dial Books (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe

Kathryn
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS
I loved the first book in the Wonderbar series (Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow) and began to devour the sequel as quickly as Jacob devoured those corndogs! The premise is intriguing —the King of the Universe asks Jacob to run against the king’s own son in the first-ever election for President of the Universe. As the king’s son is none other than the notorious space pirate Mick Cracken, it doesn’t seem like Jacob will have too much trouble defeating him—until Jacob learns th
Ann
This is the second book in the "Jacob Wonderbar" series. I read the first book, "Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow" last year and LOVED it!!! (The title alone is awesome!). So, I was anxiously awaiting installment number two and excited to learn more about the characters and get the answers that were left hanging from the first book.

So, let me kind of break down my review into two parts.

PART ONE - The Campaign

I was laughing so much for so many of Bransford's insights into politics, poli
StorySnoops
Apr 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe picks right up where the first book, Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow left off. It's another rollicking, action-packed adventure with a cast of silly characters that will keep the pages turning. There is a hint of education about politics and the democratic process as rogue prince Mick Cracken, who stands to inherit the king's throne, has come up with idea of having an elected President of the Universe so that the planetary residents (calle ...more
Ben Campbell
Apr 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you're into children, space travel, trust, respect and honor between friends, families and neighbors, combined with a fun, uplifting story then read Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe.

I know, children's stories have most of those ingredients in the recipe of plotting relevancy and entertainment, but Jacob's chronicle is out in the Universe not just on planet Earth.

I'm purchasing Jacob Wonderbar's trilogy for myself. One time long ago when my son was two years old I had written a fe
Rick Daley
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Jacob Wonderbar trilogy brings back most of the characters from book one. Readers who enjoyed the first book will definitely like this second installment. It's full of clean, silly fun. There are lessons to be learned, too, but they are subtle and shown through the characters, you are not beaten over the head with morality tales. Although you may be beaten over the head with a banana, but what else would you expect from a Space Monkey?

My favorite parts were the campaign ch
ABC
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Anyone who reads Nathan Bransford's writing/publishing/awesomeness blog knows how smart, talented, witty, funny, thoughtful, and rather adorable he is. So it is kind of frustrating that he can also write these amazing middle grade books which are so imaginative and colorful. My daughter and I have read them both together and giggle fits do happen. We love the characters and their goofy adventures!
Sara Miller
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Such a fun book. The humor was just as great the second time around, and it was so timely given that this is an election year. Can't wait for book number three!
Kevin
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Milo kept wanting more Wonderbar, so I read this one to the kids. It felt like it rambled a lot without any coherent direction. Meh.
Ryan Field
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
12 yr old nephew and 9 yr old niece read this, respectively on a Nook and a Kobo, and loved it. Both read the previous book in the series.
Luca
May 28, 2012 rated it liked it
ITS VERY DRAMATIC!!! ITS VERY DRAMATIC.
Payton
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
It wasn't fair that the king chose Mick instead of Jacob because he won the most votes.
Olivia
Nov 15, 2013
Rachel Michaels
Sep 24, 2013
Sharon L
rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2013
Lisa Brackmann
Mar 24, 2012
Karen
Jan 29, 2015
Nathan Bransford is the author of How to Write a Novel (October, 2013), Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow (Dial, May 2011), Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe (Dial, April 2012) and Jacob Wonderbar and the Interstellar Time Warp (Dial, February 2013). He was formerly a literary agent with Curtis Brown Ltd. and is now the director of community and social media at Freelancers Uni ...more

Jacob Wonderbar (3 books)
  • Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow