Start by marking “Falling (Bits and Pieces #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling (Bits and Pieces #1)

Falling (Bits and Pieces #1)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
How would the course of your life change if someone new sat next to you?

Meet Liz. She’s sixteen, the daughter of immigrant parents, doesn’t fit in at home and hides in plain sight in school. She’s an outsider until she’s rescued by an unlikely friendship that changes her life.

FALLING (first in the Bits and Pieces Series) is a coming of age friendship story about Liz that c
Published June 5th 2011 by CreateSpace (first published June 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Falling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling

Leann
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series is hard for me to review. They aren't perfect from a writer's standpoint, but they made me turn off the editor in my head and I just enjoyed them. But by "enjoy", I don't mean "feel joy".

These books so accurately capture the angsty self-doubt and hard self-criticism and relentless lack of self-confidence of my teen years that I felt like I had been transported back to 1992. This is a high, high compliment for Ms. Miranda, but geez, it was almost painful. It really tapped into latent
Kate Norton
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Amanda
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Michael Burhans
I got this as a free book, and it is easily the best free fiction book I have ever gotten. It was so good upon finishing I instantly bought the follow up book and started reading it.

The author paints a rich and believable tapestry in which fully rounded characters are drawn with such detail you feel you actually know them. Some you will love, others you will loath, most have some of each in them. I'll not tell what the book is about to save spoilers because the happenings in this book are so rea
Eddie Jong
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Simply Awesome

This is a book about teenagers, always a fertile topic with what they all go through. But, it is more than that - much, much more. It's about Friendship and what a difference it can make in a life.

The writing style is simple, yet manages to easily convey the deepest emotions. I rooted for Liz, cheered her on and cried with her. I felt like strangling or shaking some sense into her parents. In short, I felt very much part of her life.

I don't easily recommend books, but this is one t
Denisa Howe
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful Book. From the first paragraph to the last word I felt I was part of this world. The characters were very well developed and I felt every emotion throughout the reading. The emotions brought out were so realistic; tears fell at certain points along with my anger, laughter and silent moments of thought. It depicts what a teen goes through like self-doubting, criticism, peer pressure and fear. This story celebrates friendship, understanding and family. It mourns the actions of ...more
TKieninger
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Liz is definitely the underdog and this book takes you through a big life change for her. She still has it rough but things start to look up for her now that she has a new best friend. The writing style was pretty symplistic and I noticed some editing errors as well as another character error, but I couldn't stop reading because I wanted to see how life was going to turn out for Liz. I was already part-way through the book before I discovered that this is a trilogy, so I'm happy to see the story ...more
Allison
Aug 29, 2012 rated it liked it
While I was very into the story, I struggled with the fact that it's literally written on a third grade level. The cheesy four word sentence killed me, and it is so wordy! It's a painful read because of the excessive use of punctuation and childish sentences ("My favorite was the penguins!"), but I finished it nonetheless. If the sequel was free, I would read it (this one was a free kindle download), but I don't think I can shell out the $3 for it.
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a great story!Was hooked from the start.Watching how Liz and Patrick's friendship evolved and what all they went through together was amazing.I have to admit there were moments were I shed a few tears and moments where I was laughing out loud.Highly recommend this great series!!Can't wait to start the next one!!
Marianna
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was amazing. Great story. Great meaning and reality within the story. My only wish is that the proof reading would have been more complete. I found many words mispelled, missing, or mis-ordered. If the typos were corrected this book would be perfect in every sense and would have definately earned 5 stars.
Esther
Dec 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
oh dear! I had to give up on this one. It was too clumsily written and predictable. The repetitions meant the story progress at a snail's pace and I began to feel sorry for the poor characters having to take part.
A strong editor might have made this a pleasanter experience.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: ya, free, tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon 05/16/2012.
Kylee
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book
Amy
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love the characters and their stories. Easy to follow and can't wait to see what happens as their friendship grows.
May 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
Honestly it's very juvenile. Bland and boring. Do not waste your time!
Alissa Landau
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed this story, but it seems as if it was published with no editing. The random punctuation and odd grammar made it difficult to read.
Darlene
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Almost Kings
  • Solo
  • Speculation
  • Rise of the Demons (Oceans of Red #1)
  • The Enchanted Orchards
  • Bad Idea: A Novel {with coyotes}
  • Star Fish
  • Angel
  • Frozen Prospects (The Guadel Chronicles, #1)
  • A Woman of Choice
  • The Wedding Cake Girl
  • In the Spotlight (Mayne Attraction, #1)
  • Spectacle
  • Facing the Son, A Novel of Africa
  • The Monster Within Idea
  • The Leopard Tree
  • The Boyfriend Bylaws
  • Head Over Heels
For years, Shirley Miranda had an idea, a scene replaying over and over in her head. But the scene never quite ended. Unlike the other stories she started and finished all in her head, this one just paused in the middle of it. Shirley began writing fan-fiction when she was 11 years-old, many years before the term was coined or the internet to post it on. With no place to share it with, she mentall ...more
More about Shirley Miranda...

Bits and Pieces (2 books)
  • Winter Solstice (Bits and Pieces, #2)
“I promise.
For the other side of the card, I put the giraffe and penguin on it and wrote:
To think and try not to over think.
To breathe, but not hyperventilate.
To try to envision the best, and not dwell on the worst.
To call you when I'm in trouble.
To not do anything permanent on a situation that might be temporary.”
2 likes