Start by marking “Boogie Monster” as Want to Read:
Boogie Monster

Boogie Monster

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Award-winning children's author Josie Bissett has done it again. Her first book, "Tickle Monster," became a national sensation by getting kids and their parents to laugh, laugh, laugh. Now comes "Boogie Monster," a loveable character from Planet Boogie whose only mission is to inspire kids to dance, dance, dance.
Published July 15th 2011 by Compendium Publishing & Communications (first published July 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Boogie Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boogie Monster

White House Public Library
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This cute story will make kids want to get up and move and groove along with the Boogie Monster. In this story, the Boogie Monster is not a scary, mean monster, but a nice, fun, dancing monster! The story teaches kids that there is no wrong way to dance and that it can be fun no matter what kind of dance moves you do. Shimmy and shake along as you read this story and maybe even learn some new dance moves!
BreAnna Long
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-elementary
I thought this book was super cute! The illustrations were bold and colorful and fun to look at it. And I love the concept of all the different ways you can dance. It's a good length, not too long or short. Very creative.
Beth
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Super cute. Great rhymes and great interactive storytime. Easy to pick up and set down as we all dance around.
Jim
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
A cute follow-up to Tickle Monster .

Evidence that my six-year-old is smarter than me: as soon as he saw the cover of the book he knew it was crafted by the same people as Tickle Monster

Well, I would have known as we started reading, but I didn't realize it from the cover.

I didn't think it was quite as fun as the previous book, but it got my son dancing around.
Karen
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
My five-year-old son picked this book out from the library this week.

There are a lot of things to like about this book; most of all, the illustrations. I liked the idea of the dancing monster. I liked that my son got up and danced for part of the book. And I loved how endearing the artwork was.

What I don't like: Books in rhyme that are clunky, forced and difficult to read out loud because there is no flow. If you can tell the story without rhyme and it will still work, there is no excuse for b
Kend
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Personally, I'm a big fan of the 'package' that makes up "Boogie Monster" : the copy we purchased came with a cd of music to accompany the text, and a pair of 'boogie leggings' that you can put on and dance around in along to the reading. The illustrations are fun, and the basic narrative is interactive and interesting. As other reviewers have mentioned, there's something lacking--and I think it's emotional depth, personally. But as a book that comes with accessories, I think it's about as good ...more
Claire
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
I liked the concept that we all dance our own way, but the rhyming was pretty clunky, making it hard to get into a rhythm reading it. May work better with older children who can imitate the movements more easily.
Wanda
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile, preschool
fun rhyming book, great illustrations, makes you feel like dancing!
Heather
May 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great message and fun illustrations but I didn't love it as much as I wanted to, and I'm not sure why.
Cemeread
Mar 19, 2014 added it
Shelves: children
You'll need plenty of room when reading this story as it encourages children to dance however they want from rolling to spinning like a helicopter there's no right or wrong way to dance.
Cat.
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute rhyming book about getting up and dancing your own way with friends and alone and everywhere. Great illustrations.
Madison
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
-Dance -There's no right or wrong way
Charlie Beck
May 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
An alien monster lands on Earth and rhymes about getting kids to dance.
Kathy E.
rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2013
Nicole
Oct 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Good interactions for the kids, but a little long so good to pick and choose beforehand.
Shannon