Start by marking “Fever” as Want to Read:
Fever

Fever

(Flu #2)

A deadly strain of flu has mysteriously mutated, causing the deaths of millions throughout Ireland and beyond. But the infected don't stay dead for long, rising up to become flesh-eating monsters.

In a quarantined lab just outside Belfast, lab worker Ellis and security guard Abe fight their way through corridors of the living dead, determined to expose a gruesome truth.

Agei
Published February 1st 2012 by Snowbooks

To ask other readers questions about Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fever

Otherwyrld
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror
Fever is not so much of a sequel to Flu as a parallel story, with sections intersecting and overlapping between the two novels. Unfortunately, as I read Flu a while ago, I couldn't make all the connection the author obviously wanted me to make, so much of this plot was lost on me. If you want to read these books, do so at the same time.

As regards the book itself, I struggled with it as I have with all of Simmons books. In the end, I just didn't care enough about any of the characters to make the
Jason
May 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thought this was better than Flu. Good read and an interesting plot intro for the next instalment. I so think tho that this should be combined with Flu and re edited in to one novel.
Si Barron
Jun 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Not really very good. The attempts at characterisation fell flat. There was not enough action. The dialogue clunked. Too many characters were introduced only to be forgotten. I was never convinced by the setting. There were no thrills.

Don't bother
William
Set in Ireland and i would still like to feel like i was in Ireland Other than that i like where they are taking this version of the zombie virus
David McDonald
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptica. No matter how terrible it is, much like armageddon, I'll see it through until the end... unless it's Uwe Boll's House of the Dead; I walked out of that particular flick.

Thankfully, I encountered no such problems with Fever, the latest undead offering from Wayne Simmons.

Although this novel can be categorised as a sequel to Flu, I would suggest that description is not entirely accurate. The events of Fever not only encompass the chronology of Flu but add a littl
Aleksandra Royzen
Fever is the second book in the Flu series. However it's not quite the sequel. In fact a large portion of the book is the prequel. The rest of the events take part around the same time line as the first book Flu, which I also reviewed. So I have to say, as with the first novel, Simmons' writing is as brutal, bloody, and unforgiving. And so I would suggest not to get used to any of the characters, because no one is safe when it comes to this particular Zombie read.

The story begins with literally
Rinn
Also posted on my blog, Rinn Reads.

Although this book is actually a sequel, I did not feel at all hindered by the fact that I hadn't read the first one. It pretty much jumps straight into fast-paced action, which I really liked, as well as flowing smoothly.
I did feel as though (view spoiler)
Dave Lightfoot
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wayne Simmons has outdone himself with this fantastic sequel (prequel) to his brilliant novel Flu.
The story starts of fast and continues at a break-neck speed right until the very end giving the reader, all out action and a plot that will leave you begging for more.

The horror in this book is gory and violent. The zombies are those of the traditional Romero style, shambling through the book and ripping the throats of the characters you grow to love.... but the real class and story telling comes
Sam
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This continues the exploration into the mysterious flu that turns its victims into the Undead that we were so superbly introduced to in the first book (Flu), but this time we follow a few different stories at different times across the five sections that make up this book. We start in a secret underground lab at the start of the outbreak discovering the origins of the virus that were kept a mystery in the first book. From there we follow soldiers, conspiracy theorists and civilians as they try a ...more
Riitta
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies
There's a reason I don't like book series. Even if I didn't like the first book (in this case I have liked the books) I feel obligated to read the sequels, because I'm a big fan of closure. And now I have to wait for who knows how long for the next book which I'm quite positive will be published someday, 'cause this was left hanging. In a way I liked this book more than Flu, although I think a lot of this book could've been corporated in the first book, then it could've been a two-parter. A lot ...more
Darren Dilnott
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If i could have given this more than 5 stars i would have. This was a brilliantly breathtaking, and brutal story, by the incredibly talented Wayne Simmons. It takes massive ability and a creatively ingenious mind to create what Wayne has here. So many different tales, all gradually edging towards a crashing point. The characters, and there are an abundance, are brilliantly written, and consistent in their beliefs and actions all the way through. Fever is considerably more sombre and emotional th ...more
David Naughton-shires
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about FEVER, this book does not disappoint, it introduces us to the virus that was the basis for the book FLU although being released after FLU FEVER is a prequel telling the story of the in initial outbreak of a virus that goes on to ravish the world.

Unlike his other books DDGDrop Dead Gorgeous and DOLL PARTSDoll Partsthe zombies in FEVER are the throat ripping intestine munching undead we have come to know over the years. Like all his book the characters are well rounded and wel
Christopher  Nelson
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a very well planned sequel to FLU. Wayne Simmons does a fantastic job of incorporating the two books into one seamless story. His pace and realism are excellent. The individual beats within the story are reminiscent of violent horror flicks such as 28 Days and Evil Dead. To go along with pacing, the chapters are shorter and keep the pages turning with momentum. The characterizations are actually better in this book than FLU, and Simmons managed to make me hate his antagonist Dr. Gallaghe ...more
Rhiannon
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow. Just Amazing! Creepy, bloody and dramatic! SOOOOO GOOD! Bring on the zombies Wayne! Please write a third if there is one! Such a cliff hanger at the end! :__(
I still liked the first book better but i did liked that Wayne went back showing a little how the flu started, he wrote about more characters experinces and Lark and Geri were finilly just opening there feelings to each other a little bit!
A must read! If you like Zombies, then all you zombie lovers read 'Flu'! <3
Christopher Dodds
I really enjoyed reading the sequel to Fever it wasn't as fast paced as it, but was more character and plot driven. It did act as kind of a prequel/sequel with chapters that started with how the virus was released in the first place leading up to the end of this book which I felt was slightly rushed.
Rosann
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
was going to originally give it 4 stars, for the very reason only because I liked his first book "Flu" so much more than "Fever"
But then thought over that and realized that Im not being fair.. Fever was a very good book, written very well, along with each character.

So changed it to 5 stars :-)

~~r
Nicola
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is part 2 to the 1st book FLU

This one is set in an animal testing lab the story explains how the pandemic was released in the 1st place. it was ok
Nick
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I thought this book was okay, it started well slowed through the middle then picked up at the end. It was okay.
Shane Wright
Better then the first book, but the story transitions seemed a bit harsh.
Al Gaito
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book, can't wait till the next installment!
J
Apr 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

It was easy to follow, even if it is a sequel. Maybe I'll read the first?
ani
Jun 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really excellent story which parallels Flu wonderfully.
Patty P
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't plan on finishing this series because I don't like zombie animals in my zombie books.
Scott Weatherly
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A step up from an already good opening book to something interesting and different. I would recommended this book series to any zombie and Horror fan.
Robert Rojo
Jan 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast paced post-apocalyptic novel that can feel very claustrophobic. Good wholesome glob fest for all!.
Tenille
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent sequel to Flu. Couldn't put it down; devoured it while travelling.

Will be ordering Drop Dead Gorgeous when I get back from travels!
Angela Verdenius
I really enjoyed this book. It didn't have much zombie action in, more of following certain people in the early stages and seeing how they reacted to the possible threat. It was really interesting.
Tracy
Jan 04, 2019
Michelle Bartlow
Jul 05, 2018
Anne
Mar 15, 2012
Buy Fever and win Lt Hardback Edition of FLU 1 7 Mar 14, 2012 07:05AM
  • Among the Living
  • Survivor Roundup (Zombie West #2)
  • Deadfall
  • Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
  • Emeline and the Mutants
  • After the End
  • Loose Ends
  • The Killing Floor (The Infection, #2)
  • Getting Out of Jersey (Undead-Earth, #1)
  • The Savage Dead
  • Domain of the Dead (Domain of the Dead #1)
  • Dead Living
  • As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2
  • The City (Autumn, #2)
  • The Undead Situation (Undead, #1)
  • Cordyceps
  • Zombie Invasion (Zora Baker, #2)
  • Rise
Wayne Simmons is a writer and journalist with several genre novels published in the UK, Germany, Spain, Turkey and North America.

His zombie novel, Flu, was serialised by Sirius XM's Book Radio.

His cyberpunk novel, Plastic Jesus, was described by the Guardian as 'a stunning read, but not for the faint hearted.'

Wayne is a regular contributor to Skin Deep Tattoo Magazine.

Flu (2 books)
  • Flu (Flu, #1)
“This flu thing’s out of control,” Grady said, pointing his fork at the TV. “There’s talk of them doing quarantines.”
“Quarantines?”
“Yeah, like going into towns where infection rates are high and locking the place down. That sort of thing.”
Ciaran laughed. “You watch too much sci-fi, mate…”
1 likes