Start by marking “Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4)” as Want to Read:
Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4)

(Fool's Gold #4)

Beloved bestselling author Mallery is back with the first title in a brand-new trilogy in her popular and emotional Fool's Gold series. Original.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You can’t win if you don’t play…

Her town’s lack of men may make headlines, but it isn’t news to Dakota Hendrix. The beautiful blonde has bigger problems to deal with
Published July 26th 2011 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Only Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Mine

Start your review of Only Mine (Fool's Gold, #4)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession

I was lovin' the shit outta this book till Finn did the chicken dance and ran away. WTF is with all the guys in this series running. Up until Finn's coward act I was going to 5 star this book but (view spoiler)
Susan Mallery
Jul 14, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Can't bring myself to give my own book a rating... but I have read it. :)
Susan
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: susan-mallery

Susan Mallery

ONLY MINE is the fourth book in the Fools Gold series and I can't believe I waited so long to read this collection of funny and romantic stories. There are forty three books in this series and I'm hoping to get a huge batch of them read this year. ONLY MINE is also the first book in the Fools Gold Romance trilogy that covers the love story of the three Hendrix sisters who also happen to be triplets. ONLY MINE is Dakota's story.

ONLY MINE is also the story of Finn Andersson,
Elle
Such a great sub-plot. Oh Stephen and Auriel ... they alone are worth the read. Some couples are perfect for subplot romance and these two were exactly that. They made the book for me.

In this book, we're seeing Susan Mallery do what she does best in this addition to the Fools Gold series. She gives us a more complex contemporary romance filled with relationships of all kinds and life distractions from which romances blossoms in the midst of all the chaos.

This story is more about the character's
Cocktails and Books
Let me start by saying I love Susan Mallery's books. LOVE THEM! She has that perfect combination of wit, humor, and romance to go with the character she develops for her books. This book, #4 in the Fool’s Gold series is set around Dakota Hendrix and Finn Andersson. Based on my statement 2 sentences ago, Finn Andersson has just topped the list of my favorite male character in this series!

When we meet Finn, he's fit to be tied because his twin 21 year old brothers decide to bail on their last seme
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Review copy provided via NetGalley

3½ stars

Why I Read this Book: I am really enjoying the Fool’s Gold series. If it were an actual town, I’d move there! Only Mine is Dakota’s story, the first story of the Hendrix triplets.

What I Liked: I love the overall gist of Dakota and Finn’s story. Even though there were a few rough patches for these characters to get through, the ending totally made me swoon.

I liked Finn’s character. Yeah, there was some angst and overprotectiveness going on but he’s a resp
willaful
I started this wanting a light, easy but not frothy book as a break from some intense reading and I pretty much got it. It was so much what I was in the mood for that even though it hit a lot of my pet peeves/least favorite plot lines, I was thoroughly enjoying it until the very end. Alas, it then delivered the kiss of death.

Dakota, sister of the hero of book 2, is on temporary assignment with a reality show set in the town of Fool’s Gold. When she meets Finn, on a rampage to rescue his twin bro
MBR
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romances in a small town setting.
If not for a request for review from Little Bird Publicity I would most probably have passed up on reading and acquainting myself with the wonderful and wholesome world that Susan Mallery seems to have created so well in her Fool’s Gold series. As I glided along into the 4th book of the series with no prior introduction into the first 3 books, I didn’t feel unwelcome but rather felt that I was amongst old friends whom I hadn’t seen in a long time, familiar and soothing in its own right that had ...more
Lauren
3 Stars

Fool's Gold becomes the setting for a reality show, and Dakota Hendrix is conscripted by the mayor to ensure that the production doesn't harm the town. It's all smooth sailing until Finn Anderssen arrives to drag his twin brothers - the show's perfect contestants - back home to Alaska. Dakota is drawn to Finn and vice versa, but the two are well aware that their attraction cannot lead to a future together - or can it?

The reality show is an excellent premise. Unfortunately, it isn
Jacob Proffitt
I must have missed the memo updating us that deliberately choosing single motherhood is not only cool, but noble and good and right. I feel for Dakota, mind you. Finding out that you can't have children has to be devastating for someone who always wanted to be a mother. But going from that to scheduling an adoption seems a bit of a jump. Doing it in mere weeks and before talking with anybody else . . .

There are so many things wrong with this plotline that I wonder why I finished the book. I mean
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good read. There is a reality show in town and it Finn is here to watch his brothers. Their parents died when they were young and he is has been taking care of them all this time. While here he meets Dakota. He wants his freedom now that his brothers are grown but fate has other plans. Yes Finn doesn't handle some things well. However, in the end he gets his act together and they get their happy ending.
Shelly
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ana
Finn Anderssen came to Fool's Gold to stop his brothers from appearing in a reality show. They are adults, but why would someone leave colledge when they have only one semester left. One of the first people he meets is Dakota Hendrix.

Dakota's current job is keeping an eye on the producers of the said show. The town doesn't really want them to film it, but this way at least they can try to contain any potential damage. She's attracted to handsome Alaskan pilot, and luckliy he will eventually go h
Taylor
May 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only Mine by Susan Mallery is a wonderful story about finding identity and a place to call home in the one you were meant to be with. As readers we get to see more Fool’s Gold characters shine through in this series and become more invested in their lives as this story focuses on Dakota Hendrix (one of the triplets) and how she finds her path in life. We also get to meet a newcomer in town named Finn and let me just say he is very much one of those fictional guy characters every girl wishes she ...more
Booklover
This was a good read,liked Dakota-Finn very much,absolutely understand how a tragedy changed his life he was grown overnight and had to take responsibilities of his brothers which he did and he raised his brothers really well but what really irritated me was his lack of trust in his brothers and his upbringing,he never listens what they want and keeps his expectations on them never listems what they want and their interest which makes them runaway and then he is also angry on them,they both are ...more
Jonel
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
This novel was giggle inducing from the first sentence. Mallery returns to Fool’s Gold with her readers in a wildly original and completely comical tale that melds the intricate quirks of Fool’s Gold with the heartache of a difficult relationship. I loved the intricate way that she brings her tale to life. Not only does she paint the scenery for her readers, she envelops them in the fantastic plot that she created.

I love how the close knit feel of this town shines through in many parts of this n
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Fool's Gold

"This is book 1 of the Fool's Gold Romance trilogy that covers the love story of the three Hendrix sisters...triplets. Loved the story, Susan Mallery writes books that have characters you can relate to, both primary and secondary and it was a fast-paced book with various sub-plots – there's Finn and Dakota's story; the twins story; the reality show story; as well as Dakota's mom (Denise) re-entering the dating world...." From a review post by an Harlequin.com member, to re
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Overseeing a romance reality competition in Fool's Gold, CA poses big problems for Dakota Hendrix, but having two of the most eligible bachelors yanked off the contest by an angry elder brother—a very sexy elder brother—poses an even bigger problem. Especially when she finds herself drawn to the hunky Alaskan.

All the beautiful psychologist wants to do is the job for which she's paid—not screen eligible bachelors. But everyone in the
jenjn79
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
After reading the summary on the back of the book, I wasn't sure that I would like this newest installment to the "Fool's Gold" series, but I actually ended up really liking it and reading it in only a few sittings.

Series Note:
4th full length book in the "Fool's Gold" series, and 1st book in the 2nd trilogy. I wouldn't say you have to read the first trilogy beforehand, but I think it gives you more background if you do.

Summary:
A TV producer has decided to set a TV reality dating show in Fool's G
Caroline The HEA Lover
(this review was originally posted on Book Lovers Inc)
Only Mine is the 1st book I read by this authors, and even though I hadn't finished it yet that I was already ordering other books in this series. I'm very happy I got to read this book for review, it's exactly what I needed right now.

Only Mine is 4th book in the Fool's Gold series, it's the 1st book about the Hendrix triplet. The story takes place in the small town Fool's Gold. This town has made the national media news because of its chroni
Leah
Feb 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars, m-f, adult-lit
I know I mention this in all my reviews, but I really love Susan Mallery. Like, seriously. I've been wanting to read about the Hendrix triplets ever since they were introduced and I learned more about them in Almost Perfect. So, it was with great excitement that I found this book in the store almost a week before it was due to be out for the masses. I squealed. If I hadn't been in public, I probably would have jumped for joy. As it is, I saw it from pretty far away and sprinted over to the book ...more
Tiffany
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for my blog: http://acozyreaderscorner.blogspot.com

Only Mine is a charming, sexy and entertaining read! I love, Fool’s Gold, the town Susan has created for this series. The Fool’s Gold books keep getting better and better. Susan processes the ability to keep her series entertaining and original while leaving the reader both satisfied and wanting more. The idea of a reality TV show in Fool’s Gold, CA was brilliant. The issue of a man shortage was comical. After all, even if men are avail
Holly
Marleen
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Susan Mallery’s “Only Mine” was a rather predictable read. I tried to enjoy but, honestly, to me, I thought it was repetitive, generic and unrealistic. It lacked depth and originality.
In a nutshell there's Finn, who has taken care of his younger twin brothers since their parents death. He travels from Alaska to Fool’s Gold in order to bring back the twenty-one year old boys home. Indeed, the boys left college in their last semester to participate to a “dating” reality show that is filmed in Foo
Angela
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I LOVED it! But, I'm a huge fan of Susan Mallery and I devour every book she's ever written. I always feel good when I'm done and wish I could read slower. Luckily, she has three books coming out in quick succession with this trilogy of Only Mine, Only His and Only Yours. Only Mine is the story of Dakota and Finn. Dakota is ready to start a family, but Finn is most definitely not. We've all known people like this in our own lives. Susan breathes magic into the story as we learn m ...more
Amy Pfeiffer
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great addition to the Fools Gold series! While I was skeptical about the reality show idea, this was a great quick read.
Verity W
I liked this, but I could have done without the babies. Again with the babies in this series. I like Susan Mallery’s writing but I could use more plots like the Happily Inc ones which don’t have plots that revolve around pregnancies/babies/kids.
Heather
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loooovvveeeddd Dakota and Finn sooooo much!!!! Omg Aurelia's mom was the biggest bitch in the universe. The definition of toxic! No spoilers but totally called something that happened!!!!!! Knew it lol. Omg that ending was Ah-ma-zing!! I think it's my favorite so far of the Fool's Gold series💞💞💞💞
Lisa
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, series
Another sweet feel good romance by Susan Mallery.
Monique Pearson
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved all the endings! Still waiting for Pia's story to continue though. And Denise needs a man to love!

• Sea Glass Island (Ocean Breeze, #3)
  • Wind Chime Point (Ocean Breeze, #2)
  • Catching Fireflies (The Sweet Magnolias, #9)
  • Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)
  • Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores, #7)
  • My Kind of Wonderful (Cedar Ridge, #2)
  • Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #13)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Against the Odds (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #7)
  • Against the Sky (The Brodies of Alaska, #2)
  • The Knitting Diaries: The Twenty-First Wish\Coming Unraveled\Return to Summer Island
  • Sweet Laurel Falls (Hope's Crossing, #3)
  • Power Play: A Romance Collection
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more

Fool's Gold (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1)
  • Almost Perfect (Fool's Gold, #2)
  • Finding Perfect (Fool's Gold, #3)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
  • Summer Days (Fool's Gold, #7)
  • Summer Nights (Fool's Gold, #8)
  • All Summer Long (Fool's Gold, #9)
  • Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #10)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)