Start by marking “We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families” as Want to Read:
We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families

We're Not Blended, We're Pureed: A Survivor's Guide to Blended Families

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  9 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
When a second marriage includes children, it often can lead to a less-than-fairy-tale life. This book uses humor to approach the often emotionally charged issues in blended families. Both authors provide useable methods for what to say when words dont come. Short, captivating chapters are perfect for those rare moments parents have to themselves.
Published July 1st 2011 by Concordia Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about We're Not Blended, We're Pureed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We're Not Blended, We're Pureed

Martha Cheves
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
We’re Not Blended We’re Pureed – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat and Think With Your Taste Buds

A circle is a symbol of unity, eternity, and completeness. The wedding ring represents eternal love and the persistently renewed promises of a couple. Some Scandinavian women wear three bands: one each for engagement, wedding, and motherhood. In medieval England, a bridegroom would slide the ring partway up his bride’s thumb, index, and middle finger, saying “In the name of Fa
Sherri
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a nice look at stepfamily life with each chapter being a somewhat self-contained essay, so it's easy to pick up and read a chapter here and there.

The chapters cover a wide range of topics from the wedding that joins families at the beginning to discipline, changing last names, adopting each other's kids, and the day to day adjustments to blended family life. This is all done from a Christian perspective and includes inspirational Bible verses at the end of each chapter.

Compared to other
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Title: WE’RE NOT BLENDED, WE’RE PUREED
Authors: Diana Lesire Brandmeyer and Marty C. Lintvedt
Publisher: Concordia Publishing House
July 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7586-1791-0
Genre: Inspirational/Christian living/family concerns

We’re all familiar with the term of blended family. Diana and her husband Ed, both lost their spouses to death, and then eventually remarried. Between the two of them, they have three sons, the two older ones are twenty-one days apart—almost twins. But the problems when they tried to m
Carrie Daws
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful book! Not delightful as in fun to read, but as in full-of-heart and truth. As others have noted, the book is a blend of Diana Brandmeyer's first person accounts of her and her husband's second marriage (after each was widowed) and Marty Lintvedt's counselor analysis of what was going well and what could be thought through or done better. Diana's retelling had me giggling, tearing up, and wanting to reach out and hug her; Marty's analysis never came across as clinical and had me ...more
Beks
Jan 01, 2017
Jo-Anne Vandermeulen
Jul 14, 2011
Diana
Jun 20, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amber
Carla  Moore
June
Brooke
Dec 07, 2015
CBA and ECPA best-selling Christian author, Diana Lesire Brandmeyer, writes historical and contemporary romances. She writes fiction about women choosing to challenge their fears to become the strong women God intended them to be.

Author of, Mind of Her Own, A Bride's Dilemma in Friendship, Tennessee, We’re Not Blended-We’re Pureed, A Survivor’s Guide to Blended Families, and Hearts on the Road.

O
More about Diana Lesire Brandmeyer...