Start by marking “Twenty Tiny Tales” as Want to Read:
Twenty Tiny Tales

Twenty Tiny Tales

An updated and expanded version of the original, now featuring extra content.

Perfectly formed little nibbles, suitable for reading at the bus stop, tube trip or tea break.

Escape from the moment...

short, sharp, surprising.

:o)

"Like a kiddy falling into a sweetie shop at midnight" - Combat Wombat

"These twenty tales are wonderful, witty, engaging and, most of all, fun" - Tom
Published (first published June 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Twenty Tiny Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty Tiny Tales

Tom Lichtenberg
you begin a Willie Wit story with a sense of trepidation. He's going to fool you again, you know it! "Not this time", you tell yourself, as you steel your mind against the inevitable tricks and traps. You read each word with care, searching for the clue behind the hint behind the meaning. "Aha!", you declare, "it's about a parakeet!" You read on. "No, no, not a parakeet, a wildebeest! A wildebeest, what are you, crazy?", you berate yourself. You press on, becoming more and more certain in the kn ...more
Lainy
Nov 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Blurb From Goodreads

A Collection of 20 spring-loaded 'smallstories', bursting with surprises and fun.
Read them and then see things around you from a fresh new angle.
:0)

My review

Twenty Tiny Tales hits the nail on the head, the stories are very short and quirky. For the most of them you start reading it thinking you know what the story is about only to get to the last few lines and find it is about something completely different. Particularly in the case of my favourite one of the tales The Weddin
Laura of Lurking
Mar 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A lot more than 20 tales in this collection!

This was a lovely read, the stories were short, nearly all with good twists that I missed coming no matter how hard I looked. The writing was strong, introducing characters and situations quickly, while leaving room to still trick the reader.

My one complaint about the book would be a story, or rather a set of stories that followed on from each other, yet were spread throughout the book. As I liked to think about the story I had just read and not plough
Kath Middleton
Jan 26, 2012 rated it liked it
This is an interesting collection of flash fiction. Initially I was quite enchanted by them but eventually I began to get 'the feel' for them and found them all rather in the same mode - a normal situation looked at from a slightly quirky viewpoint. It's a good book for dipping into in between longer works. On the whole I enjoyed it.
Jay Howard
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
A perfect coffee break book. This is ideal for that 5 minute pause in a busy day when you want to stop the work-related thoughts skittering through your head and just totally chill out. These twist-in-the-tail stories are meant to be read one at a time, and each one gave me a smile before I got busy again. Thanks, Willie :)
✿Claire✿
This was an incredibly repetitive book which very quickly became quite boring. After the first story, you can see where the majority are going to end up. Some of them are completely incomprehensible as well, especially the 'Overtime' multipart story. I have no idea at all what that was supposed to be about. The sole reason I finished it was because I refused to give up on it.
Kayleigh
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Enjoyable and clever stories, let down by terrible typos and errors in the Kindle version. Using 'too' instead of 'to', or 'effect' when really it should be 'affect' really distracted me from enjoying the stories.
Stephen Baird
I do love short stories and there are some really good ones in this collection.
Eric Thomasma
Sep 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Some of the stories were clever and entertaining, others...not so much, but overall I liked it OK.
Sybil