Start by marking “Unruly Magic (Stella Mayweather, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unruly Magic (Stella Mayweather, #2)

Read Excerpt

Unruly Magic (Stella Mayweather #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  840 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
A witch on the run.
A quiet little town where everything is far from normal.
A fractured witch council threatening to tear the supernatural world apart.

Life hasn't been easy for novice witch Stella but small town life seems to be agreeing with her. When a seemingly innocent girl begs for her protection, Stella is pulled into a dangerous game of unruly magic.

With bewitching f
ebook, First, 354 pages
Published July 28th 2011 by Audacious (first published July 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unruly Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unruly Magic

Camilla Chafer
Jun 23, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it! :-)
Megan
Loving this series, its so easy to read. Not as good as the previous book but still an enjoyable read.
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

I enjoy Camilla's writing. This was another great read. You could probably read book two without reading one. There were so many repeated sections from book one to inform a reader. I skipped many of them. Hence a 4 instead of a 5 star. There were too many for me.
Stella is alone is an quiet little town when a teen witch appears asking for help. Things escalate and friends and foes both appear with their own agendas.
Evelyn Amaro
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance Lovers, Urban Fanatasy Lovers, HP Mallory Fans
Full Review on Paromantasy

Unruly Magic has amped up everything we loved from Illicit Magic. More action, more romance, more suspense, more danger, more supernaturals, and more fun as Stella once again finds herself in the middle of a supernatural war.

Unruly Magic picks up a few months after Illicit Magic. On the run, Stella finely settles in to life under the magical world radar. The tragedy, friends, and the love she left behind is always on her mind, but she must move forward. Her neighbors he
Alexandra
Sep 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A worthy successor to the first volume, I found myself warming to Stella more as she became more rounded now that we've got past the initial revelations. She's actually quite stubborn, which you've got to love. New character Gage, who has his own secret to reveal, is a worthy contender for her affections (I'm actually rooting for him; to resort to Charlaine Harris reference, though I always preferred Bill I'm kinda hoping for an Eric takeover here).

Camilla writes very deftly - it's not so much t
Ann
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
Honestly, it kinda annoys me that badly written, mediocre stuff like this gets hundreds of rave reviews, while brilliantly written, captivating stuff gets a far smaller amount. What is it about this genre that brings out the squeeing fan girls in there droves?

Sigh. Need my fav authors to write more books so I don't have to fill in the interim with this kinda thing. :(

By the end of the book I was ready to slap the main character. And thought both the dudes 'fighting' over her were kinda douches.
Kim
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Stella Mayweather is new to the idea of being a witch. When chaos erupted (in the previous book) Stella saw her opportunity to go into hiding. A year later, her friends find her and see where her life has taken her, She has made some good friends, has learned to drive and is an independent woman. Just when everything seems so right, chaos erupts again. Its a very enjoyable book - a continuation in a series. An easy read that is well worth reading.
Stephanie (Reading is Better With Cupcakes)
This story had a pretty rocky start. It was awkward and roughly done. It seemed a bit like the author didn't really know how to handle the beginning of a sequel.

There were also a few grammatical errors. These irked me to no end.

However, eventually, the story did pick up and it was fun. It was obvious where some of this story was going, and I was starting to get a Sookie Stackhouse feel with some of the goings on, but it was still enjoyable.
Deirdre
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is 1.5 stars. Good story idea. Poorly written. Poorly executed. Main character annihilation, taking her from a fairly strong woman in Illicit Magic to a near complete moron with no self esteem but stronger magic than any of her peers. Don't even start me on her romantic entanglements. I won't be reading the third in this series.
Karra
May 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5Stars
Mandy Menasco
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read
Heather Book Savvy Babe
*Note: I always try to not write spoilers, but as book 2 there may be slight spoilers from book 1*

In the first book of this series, Stella Mayweather learns that she is a witch. She was moved from England to America to protect her life from witch hunters, she began training in her magic abilities, and she met and possibly lost new friends. At the close of book 1 Stella is in hiding from the witch council, she is confused and alone, and unsure of what to do next. At her new house, she befriends h
Karen
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had a lot more going for it and so I give it 4.5 stars for advancing the story. I think the characters have been fleshed out so much more giving a bit more life making them feel a lot more real and accessible. Making the move to a small town makes things more cozy and gives a chance to get more of the story without distractions. The language is clearer and gives a feeling of understanding the characters and who they are as individuals. The story grabs you and pulls you in slowly introducing ...more
Celeste
Stupid people annoy me. Stella annoys me. It happened in the first book, and it happened here.
She’d made the irrational decision of running away from her friends because she was butt hurt they didn’t come back for her fast enough. She didn’t bother to stick around to find out if the “love of her life” was still alive, she just decided to “disappear”, right to her parents old house. Because that makes her soooooo hard to find. Actually luckily for her the people looking for her also seemed to hav
Roxanne
Sep 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Étoile sniggered. “You had a premature magiculation.”

3.5 Stars

Stella is finally living a quite, trouble free life in a little town called Wilding, it's been 6 months since she ran away from the safe house since no one came for her. She's trying to come to terms with the fact that Evan is most probably dead, it's hard but she's getting there. It also helps to have two great neighbors, Annalise and her sexy brother Gage who is determined to be more than friends. But everything changes when a tee
Runningrabbit
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I did enjoy this book although I seem to find with this author that the first half of the novel really lacks in the way of story structure and sophistication, which improves in the second half of the novel and this is the principle reason I gave it 3 stars instead of 4.

Now, I’m going to have a whinge. Let me raise the issue of really annoying sentence structure. Here we go:

Étoile sighed and sat back, her back warming against the fire.

Now, why wouldn’t you simply substitute the additional ‘back’
Naj (Unputdownable Books)
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
Unruly Magic and everything about it is even better than the first book. I was glad I received a copy of the second book while I was reading the first one for a review. I was so excited and when I finished the first book. I just couldn't wait to read more from Camilla.

The story continues where Illicit Magic leaves us. As Stella regains her footing and goes back a few paces in reality by being alone again but at least with a few cheerful neighbors. Her magic grows stronger and she starts doing t
Barbara
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked the story and even though it was the second book in a series, there was plenty of back story to fill me in. A novice witch, Stella Mayweather, after going through some terrifying events, goes to live in the house her parents left her in a small town called Wilding. Not knowing where her friends have gone and thinking her boyfriend has possibly died, she is trying to lay low and recover from her experiences. She makes friends with her neighbors and is building a new life for herself when ...more
J.M. Jeffries Jeffries
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Everything about Unruly Magic by Camilla Chafer is absolutely terrific. I loved reading about Stella Mayweather, witch in training.

Stella Mayweather has had a difficult life after her parents die when she's five. Shifted from one foster home to the next where she earns reputation for being clumsy. Odd accidents happen around her that she has no explanation for. Now she's an adult having been found by the Witches Council (Illicit Magic) and partially trained. But trouble comes looking for her in
Courtney
Nov 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was more edited than the first one but still had annoying little editorial distractions. I grew to like Stella more in this book as she finds herself and realizes she can be happy.
I enjoyed the storyline again but some of it was remarkably predictable and seems to pop up in most magic/fantasy genre.
I look forward to following Stella's life as she navigates her way more into the magical world she lives.
I do wonder when I'm going to find out why she's such a powerful witch. No one tha
pam laporte
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

The magic and deceit continues as a young witch asks for help but who is she really? Stella misses Evan and fears he is dead. She takes up residence in her parents house only to discover her neighbors harbor a secret of their own. She is attracted to her make neighbor and he is more than attracted to her. Things escalate and she finds herself back with old friends and a few enemies. It is hard to tell who to trust or believe. Well on to the third book. Can't put
Jillian Holloway
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I feel similar in this book as I did in the last and the third. I like everyone and I like the plot, I just don't like Evan. Or more so, his relationship with Stella. Like... It's boring, and also I just don't care. It's not benefitting her?? All they do is have sex and argue. There's 2 scenes in the first book where they get to enjoy each other, and I'm supposed to be hooked from then on. All we see after that is arguing and Evan being a possessive jerk. Besides that it's a fun concept and I li ...more
Kerry
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
After leaving behind her magical friends and new boyfriend, Evan, Stella returns to the small town where her parents once lived. There, she settles into small town life with new friends, including Gage, her hunky new neighbor, and no magic. That is, until a young witch suddenly appears needing Stella's help. Soon after, her friends arrive on her doorstep with troubling news. Stella must learn to trust her instincts and harness her magic before the supernatural world is torn apart.
Beckie Treble
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow wow wow wow wow.
Book 2 was even better than book one!!!!
Okay, so there were werewolves in this one, but only very slightly and right at the end so it's all good :).

I'm glad we see the return of all the others from book one.(view spoiler)

But anyway, loved it, and this is one of the best "witch-y" series I've ever read :D
Nicole H
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I started reading this one while I'm (still) waiting for book 1. I feel like there are quite a few things that I missed because I'm reading them out of order. I like the premise of the story and I was ok with the way the author explained the characters, but I still feel like these should be read in order. Despite the typos and up and down story line, it was a quick and fun ready.
Arlene
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
very Mixed.feelings.. While book one caught my attention and tab, the set up.of book two actually annoyed me. Character building seemed tho drop her intelligence and instead of mid twenties it felt like I was reading.a late ten book with High School. tines. Poor Girl... Wil see about book three
Shirley Cooksley
Brilliant read

Always a great read. Magic at its best. The story of Stella is unfolding and is getting more interesting especially with two Alphas fighting for her and the danger all around her.
Renee
Oct 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Unruly Magic is a very good read. It has a well-written story, engaging characters, and romantic entanglements. The paranormal and urban fantasy elements appeal to paranormal romance readers. This book was easy to get into with enough twists to keep you turning the pages.
Lydia
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, magic
Lots of ass kicking in this in this novel, enough to rival the last one. I like the contrast created between the character's natural disposition for solitude and a quiet life and the actions she takes in order to protect her friends and do what she thinks is right.
Wendy Richards
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story continues Stella's journey into Magic and friendship and family. She found herself in a small town creating a life. Soon her friends find her and more mystery shows up...and her love life...again you'll have to read to find out
  • Banshee Charmer (Files of the Otherworlder Enforcement Agency #1)
  • Luck of the Devil (Speak of the Devil, #1)
  • Child of War - A God is Born (Of War # 2)
  • The Dark Rising (Of Witches and Warlocks, #4)
  • Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana, #3)
  • WitchHunt (Witchblood, #4)
  • Burning Down the Spouse (Ex Trophy Wives #2)
  • Blood Oath (Mystic Wolves #1C)
  • Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins, #2)
  • Heart of Glass
  • Unearthed (Resistance, #3.5)
  • Deceived (Gwen Sparks, #2)
  • Witches in Flight (WitchLight Trilogy, #3)
  • A Warrior's Witch (An Otherworld Romance)
  • Laird of Darkness
  • Real Romance
  • Charmed
  • Tracking Shadows (Shadows of Justice, #4)
Hi! I'm a USA Today bestselling author of mystery and urban fantasy novels. I'm also a freelance journalist and have written for newspapers, magazines and websites throughout the world.

I live in London, UK, with my family.
More about Camilla Chafer...

Stella Mayweather (6 books)
  • Illicit Magic (Stella Mayweather, #1)
  • Devious Magic (Stella Mayweather, #3)
  • Magic Rising (Stella Mayweather, #4)
  • Arcane Magic (Stella Mayweather, #5)
  • Endless Magic (Stella Mayweather #6)