Start by marking “Ghost Flower” as Want to Read:

Ghost Flower

Eve, a runaway, finds a new job at a coffee shop on the outskirts of Tucson. When she's approached by two wealthy teens who claim she bears an uncanny resemblance to their missing cousin Aurora, her life takes a turn for the dark and mysterious. Drawn into a scheme to win Aurora's inheritance, Eve finds herself impersonating the girl, who disappeared three years ago on the ...more
Published April 12th 2012 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Flower, please sign up.

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
“Is this some kind of My Fair Lady thing where you win a prize by turning a guttersnipe into a countess?”

She smiled. “I love that movie.”

Of course she did. Girls like Bridgette always loved that movie because it made the world seem pretty and made them believe that even though they were rich and clean, they didn’t have to be morally bankrupt.

It was, in my opinion, a piece of shit. No one ever handed you a fairy tale.

I often overanalyze a book. Sometimes a book is so enjoyable that I find mysel
Rose
I really don't know how to write this review. I don't know where to start, in which order to write it and how to express my feelings for Ghost Flower. So prepare yourself for the definition of an incoherent review. Ready?

I first saw Ghost Flower on Goodreads, back when it wasn't released yet. I wasn't that interested in reading it because I wanted to read Michele Jaffe's Rosebush first but added it to my wishlist (both books weren't high priorities on my wishlist, though). When my bookstore put
Sara
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book immensely. I didn't mind the implausible plot. My mind kept racing, trying to figure out all the possible scenarios that could account for what was happening. The library had put the "supernatural" sticker on the spine of this book but don't let that fool you - I would not call this a supernatural book even if there is "ghost" in the title and a ghost mentioned on the back blurb. Sure, there's a ghost, but the plot is a basic thriller/mystery.

It's a typical plot - poo
PickyReader
Jannah (Cloud Child)
Well! A very readable book, couldn't put it down. I think the ghost part was a bit unnecessary and had holes when explained in the end. The ending itself has mixed feelings for me.
But overall just for the sheer ride of it, regardless of technicalities it was a really good read with a few hilarious one liners. As another reviewer said this is not a perfect book, but so enjoyable you can ignore the inconsistencies.

One thing I gotta say though, I don't know if the author gave any credit but its hi
Jasmine
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ghost Flower was certainly a peculiar book, but in a good way! We are first introduced to Eve as a runaway girl working in a Starbucks. She is approached by a brother and sister with a very enticing deal. The siblings want Eve to impersonate their missing cousin Aurora for a sweet $250,000, so they can access her trust fund. As per any thriller, Eve ends up becoming more involved than ever anticipated.

Though at times the plot was slow, I totally did not expect the end, which was a nice surprise.
LJ
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Tatum
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this, I didn't have much hope for it, I regretted buying it almost immediately after I came home and vowed never to buy books I haven't heard about again.

I was pleasantly surprised when I was about a quarter of the way through, and I realized that I couldn't put it down. The plot was so twisted and full of lies at this point, that I simply HAD to find out whether the author was trying to fool ME. Throughout the novel, there are just enough hints to keep you interested wit
Kirsty
Mar 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
It might just be me being a bit thick but I got to the end of this book and wasn't all that sure what I'd actually read or if I even knew what had happened in this book.

The first part of the book made sense. I totally got it. Poor girl looks like missing rich girl is 'hired' by rich girl's rich cousins to impersonate her so they can get her money. The story was quite good. Poor girl moves in gets all the riches she's dreamed of and learns how to be proper. Also learns rich girl's family is mostl
Roshini
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought
Why Ms Jaffe, why? After stringing me along for 377 pages, you cop out and deliver a one page ending? Come on! Bad author, or more likely, bad editor! One whole star off for you!

Now that I'm done ranting, let's get to the positive aspects of this book. This was a really good mystery, considering I didn't figure out who the culprit was until the author revealed it in the last few pages. Sure the story was a little on the unbelievable side at times, but hey, it worked, for the most part anyway. Al
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) by: Renae
Love love loved this. IT'S SO GOOD. Full of suspense and a great read.
Michelle Carter
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Very interesting ending.
thelastword
Aug 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to thelastword by: Scholar
I haven't read a thriller in a long while, so this was refreshingly fun. Hundred pages in and I was too scared to move, occasionally peering around me to make sure that there wasn't a ghost in the room with me. The author here really excelled at building a creepy and suspenseful atmosphere; the unreliable narrator, suspicious characters, and the dead girl who haunts our heroine worked together fantastically. As a thriller, it crackles and sizzles.

As an investigative thriller though, it flails a
Maryam Dinzly
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I purchased this book from a book sale, and the moment I read that it was about impersonating another person and murders, I was like OH YEAH. MY TYPE OF BOOK. Okay, maybe not my type of book, since I don't really have a particular type. It's more like the synopsis got me curious. And since it was on sale, VIOLA, I bought the book. And I honestly do not regret it one bit.

As stated above, this book has quite the suspense and mystery surrounding it. When Eve was offered a whole lot of money to impe
Sya
Apr 07, 2012 rated it liked it
The plot of Ghost Flower is quietly compelling. At first it appears to by a modern day Pygmalion with Eve as the poor girl given the opportunity to make good. However, it quickly takes a more sinister turn and at points is truly chilling. As Eve learns more about the past of the Silvertons and their friends she feels increasingly trapped in a world that she doesn’t entirely understand. Her grasp on her own identity becomes tenuous and she is no longer sure what is real and what is not - the effe ...more
bean :)
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-5-stars
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Oct 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Sara Shepard and The Lying Game
I knew I didn’t make a mistake buying this book. It was just as good as I imagined it would be.

It’s hard to write a review for this book because that way I would give too much away. If you read the blurb you already know this story is a lot like The Lying Game by Sara Shepard just without twins. It was spooky, entertaining with a lot of twists and turns.

The main character, Eve who is a runaway agrees to play Aurora who ran away 3 years ago in order to get money from Aurora’s cousins who approa
Mackenzie
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed
This was a very good book. It had so many twist and turns that it was almost hard to keep up. But one that I may want to read again.
Ghost Flower is about a runaway, Eve Brightman, who gets a surprising offer by two strangers, Bain and Bridgette. Eve looks just like their cousin, Aurora Silverton, who vanished three years ago when her best friend, Liza, died. Bain and Bridgette have a plan to get Eve to play as Aurora, stage a dramatic return and get all the money Aurora was supposed to inherit.
Michele Harrod
Aug 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
"Oh, this is good so far, very good. I hate having to put this down to get on with my day" were my comments a couple of days in....and it stayed good. Seriously good for a teen novel!! I really did struggle every time I had to put this down and go and do other things, so this afternoon I relented. It had some great twists - in fact so many, I have gotten to the end and wondered how in the hell that was still so believable? Yet, somehow it was. A great ride (in fact the best twisting rollercoaste ...more
lisa
Jul 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
At first I was really into this book, but then it completely unraveled. The longer the story went on the more ridiculous it got. With so many characters popping in and out, and so many "twists" that ended up being nothing, the plot became a confusing mess. By the end I didn't really care who had killed Liza and who was covering it up and what the Family's secrets might be. The other thing that bugged me was the constant descriptions of every item of clothing every single character was wearing. I ...more
Wyshona D. Lawson
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book because I had previously read Rosebush by Jaffe, and I loved it. I really liked this book, and there were a few twists I didn't see coming and a few I did, but it was a great ghost story.
Lauren
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Like her last book, "Ghost Flower" has a really intriguing plot until the very end, when everything gets so convoluted and complicated, it's ridiculous. Wish the end had been better :(
Sarahsketti
Apr 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
WHY MICHELE JAFFE WHY?!?!?! I was really disappointed in this book. I LOVED "Bad Kitty" and "Kitty Kitty", but I felt this book fell way short of what Michele Jaffe is capable of. It made me sad.
Kristen
I am an imposter. A fake. A fraud. But everything that follows is the truth and nothing but the truth. I have no reason to lie anymore.

I read this book on a friend's recommendation. Well, what she said was this: the book was confusing, and kinda strange, but it was good. I'll say this: given the synopsis, this is a book that I might not pick out for myself. So you can see that I was a bit conflicted going into this novel. And I'm a bit conflicted coming out of it, because I can't decide if I w
Wendy
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Abril
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I first read this book when I was fifteen years old and I loved it. And I still love the concept and the story, and it's one that has stuck with me throughout the years. However, I just feel like the entire book could have been written better. For the most part it seems like the writing is choppy and inconsistent. I had a very difficult time keeping up and keeping all of the perspectives straight and in order, both the first time I read it and this second time around. But what bothered me the mo ...more
Marleen
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eve Brightman has been in and out of foster-families ever since she lost her mother. She is tough and knows how to look after herself, but it isn’t easy. Living in a cheap hotel and working in a Starbucks for little money and under a creepy manager, her prospects are bleak.
When she is approached by Bain and Bridgette, two rich and glamorous looking siblings, with an offer that sounds both too good to be true and dubious her first instinct is to ignore it. But when her boss subsequently tries to
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
This review was originally published at Fluttering Butterflies

I read Ghost Flower by Michele Jaffe at the perfect time. I had just finished Michele Jaffe's previous book, Rosebush, and was I thinking to myself how much I love psychological thrillers. And lo and behold, I see Ghost Flower right in front of me. And while Ghost Flower can be a bit confusing at times, I found myself really gripped by Jaffe's style of writing, the main character and the mystery at the heart of this novel.

Lindsay
Eve's a runaway, working in a coffee shop outside Tuscon when she's approached by two siblings who say she bears a creepily uncanny resemblance to their missing cousin Aurora. Soon, Eve's drawn into a scheme to get Aurora's inheritance to split with Bain and Bridgette, only there's more to pretending to be someone than meets the eye. Like how Aurora's best friend Liza died and Aurora went missing the same night. Like how Liza's ghost is haunting Eve, hurting people as a form of "protection." It ...more
WJ
Dec 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Man I'm really conflicted about whether I like Michele Jaffe's style or not. I mean I really liked Bad Kitty but Rosebush was such a mess. I'm not sure why I borrowed Ghost Flower after reading that (maybe I felt like a masochist that day). But I have to say that this book was a lot better than I expected and actually freaking captivating (but only at certain points).

Eve is a runaway, who lives on $53.50 a day. One day when she's working at Starbucks, she gets a strange offer from these two teen
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Almost True (When I Was Joe, #2)
  • Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Fast Forward
  • Being Billy
  • Dark Eyes (Dark Eyes, #1)
  • The Opposite of Amber
  • Social Suicide (Deadly Cool, #2)
  • Tokyo Heist
  • More Than You Can Chew
  • Naked
  • The Girl in the Park
  • Glimmer
  • Getting Somewhere
  • Preloved
  • A Kate Daniels Magic Series Collection (Kate Daniels, #1-5)
  • The Vanishing Game
  • The Temptation (Kindred, #1)
  • Riding Out the Storm
Michele Jaffe (b. March 20 in Los Angeles, California), is an American writer. She has authored novels in several genres, including historical romance, suspense thrillers, and novels for Young Adults.
“Are we running away from home?” I asked, giving voice to the question that had been on my mind for two days, ever since the lady at the Wok On restaurant asked where we were from and my mother lied.
My mother had laughed. I couldn’t see her face, but her laugh I could always conjure—rich, ringing, like bells calling you to a wedding. “No, silly goose. You can’t run away from home. It’s not home if you want to run away from it.” She paused to brush a strand of hair from my face. “You can only run away from a house. Home is something you run toward.”
15 likes
“I was thinking that maybe when everything around you changed all the time, it was nice to know that something would always be the same.” 3 likes