Start by marking “Like Casablanca” as Want to Read:
Like Casablanca

Like Casablanca

What does internet dating and Casablanca have in common? Nothing, unless you go to Rick's Cafe and find out what antiques dealer and dating blogger, Cat Ryan, is up to.

Published November 1st 2012 by Tudor Ent Press (first published July 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Like Casablanca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Like Casablanca

Giovanni Gelati
Mar 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Don’t hate on the G-Man because today’s novel is Chick-Lit or whatever you call it now a days. Being the dull geezer I am, I am just going with romance novel, make whatever labels you want to apply to this on your own. The only the other label I would like to smack on this is fun and quick, so your basic fun, quick romance novel. Besides being today’s featured post, Sylvia will be joining us in The G-Zone, our blogtalk radio show, on March 17th 6pmEST. She is in Australia, I have no idea what ti ...more
Georgiann
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book...chick lit at its best.
Dannye
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Like Casablanca Is A Tasty Dish!

Cat Ryan, the main character in Like Casablanca, is on the cusp of forty. So, it’s not clear whether this book is Chick-Lit or its older sister, Hen-Lit. What is clear is that it has all the elements of a Chick-Lit romantic comedy. It has a confiding, personal tone, accomplished through compelling first person prose. Cat’s flip, yet endearing attitude toward herself draws you into her story. Her feistiness, while a refreshing quality, could also be her undoing.

Ha
Nancy Jarvis
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First, I have two disclaimers.
1. I would never have read this book without a friend recommending it because I’m not a fan of “chick lit.”
2. I knew how it would end within a few pages.
That said, I read Like Casablanca in a day and enjoyed every page. The protagonist, Cat Ryan is a delight. She seems to be the only one who sees crow’s feet where everyone else sees a lovely, kind, intelligent woman. (Women do that to themselves, don’t they, especially when they’ve been dumped by a cheater.)
The cast
Darcia Helle
I have a confession: I have never seen the movie Casablanca. Yes, berate me if you must. That being said, the references to the movie were few and easily understood by this movie-challenged reader.

In Like Casablanca, we are taken on a journey of broken hearts, friendship, Internet dating and, finally, love. As with all of Massara's books, the characters sucked me right into their world. Reading this story was like sitting down with an old friend, laughing at her antics and commiserating with her
Jo Notary
Jan 23, 2016 marked it as to-read
155pgs,Cat's doing research for her internet dating blog gig, and the place she chooses to meet her many dates is at Rick's Cafe in Sydney. But what of its disturbingly handsome owner, Rick Blake? Cat wonders what he thinks, seeing her with a different male all the time. What 19s more, why does this bother Cat so much? It 19s not like she wants any involvement after her recent break up with Josh, her cheating ex. Besides, it looks like Rick is trying to get back together with his ex-wife, Denise ...more
Belle
Apr 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this book! So great to read a fun novel about internet dating, and the highs and lows about it. Sylvia, this was excellent! I think you could write an awesome novel using just emails, texts, facebook, and twitter entries. Can't wait until your next book comes out! Everyone needs to read this one, it's fun, lighthearted, full of humor and romance...just a great book to pick up and not put down until you're finished :)
Mel
Dec 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-ebooks
I really enjoyed this book. I was quite surprised how good it actually was since it's free.
It was sweet and romantic and just what you need to relax. You shouldn't be hungry reading it though as the author seems to like food a lot and eating is an essential part of the story :)
Joni Carlton
Heather
Jan 28, 2013
Roy Huff
Feb 03, 2013
Sylvia Massara is a multi-genre author based in Sydney, Australia. She loves to dabble in wacky love affairs, drama, murder, scifi (or anything else that takes her fancy) over good coffee.

Born in Argentina, from Italian descent (with a bit of Spanish and Swiss lineage thrown in), and transplanted to Australia at age 10, Sylvia describes herself as a bit of a "moggie" cat by way of mixed pedigree.