Start by marking “Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival” as Want to Read:
Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival

Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  58 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
It's carnival time! Paddington Bear and his friend Mr. Gruber join the festivities by entering the Busy Bee Adventure Trail contest--whoever finds the greatest number of objects starting with the letter "B" wins a prize. They search all along the canals of Little Venice in London where Bicycles, Boats, and Balloons abound. Things couldn't be better. Then Mr. Gruber notices ...more
Published May 1st 1998 by HarperCollins Children's Books (first published April 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival

Riven
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival by Michael Bond is one of the first books I read during my first school placement and found it be a well written and thoroughly engaging story as did my Year 2 children. It follows the story of Paddington bear and Mr Gruber visiting the carnival and trying to win a competition by spotting the most things beginning with B. The book is beautifully illustrated and we had fun spotting the B words. The story has a lovely end where Paddington needs to spot one ...more
Sarah Sammis
Usually my children and I are on the same page about a book. If they like it, I like it but Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival is a book that we cannot agree on.

In Paddington Bear and the Busy Bee Carnival Paddington and a neighbor go to a Busy Bee Carnival. Paddington decides to compete in a contest to find the largest number of things starting with the letter B to win a tour of the canal.

I find the pictures adorable and the I-Spy aspect of the book fun, though not as challenging as the
Karen
Mar 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-kids
This was an adorable book. My son seemed to enjoy looking for things that started with B as well.
Cynthia
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great for learning words that start with the letter B!
Library
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
A cute story but the adventure was not as fun and action packed as the other picture books. Yet it is a great book for younger readers to focus on first letter word recognition.
Jeffrey Ellsworth
Another book to the series that teaches kids about words that start with the letter "B". Paddington is at a carnival and is in a competition to find as many things that start with the word "B".
Nancy
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, alphabet, bears

Paddington wins a boat ride by finding things that begin with the letter B--an alphabet game after my own heart.
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Paddington goes to the Busy Bee Carnival and the main activity is finding objects that begin with "B".
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
the cute story of paddington bear an how he was invovled at bee carnival
Rachael
Claire
Feb 05, 2017
Princess Twilight Sparkle
May 29, 2015
Michael Bond, CBE was an English children's author. He was the creator of Paddington Bear and wrote about the adventures of a guinea pig named Olga da Polga, as well as the animated BBC TV series The Herbs. Bond also wrote culinary mystery stories for adults featuring Monsieur Pamplemousse and his faithful bloodhound, Pommes Frites.
More about Michael Bond...