Start by marking “Bicycle Built for Two” as Want to Read:
Bicycle Built for Two

Bicycle Built for Two

3.22  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
While on a three-day charity bike ride from Boston to New York City, Jason Karn makes an unexpected stop to help a fellow rider having trouble with a flat tire. Ben Stewart is new to long-distance rides, and Jason takes him under his wing. The mutual attraction is obvious even before they make it to New York City, but there’s a minor roadblock: Ben lives in Chicago. Flying ...more
Published June 29th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published June 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bicycle Built for Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bicycle Built for Two

Ami
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
ManOhMan
Sep 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Jamie: This is another example of a front cover summing up the story very well; two cyclists meeting on a leafy road. It's romantic and sweet. The story starts off with Jason and his friends on a cycle route for charity, and there Jason helps out handsome Ben with a flat tire. Then they get to know each other as the race goes on. If, like me, you aren't into cycling whatsoever, you may find yourself skimming over the race parts.

When the two men get together the passion does heat up,
Elena
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Author royalties of this novella will go to an HIV/AIDS charity, so I'm a bit more generous in my rating than I otherwise would be. While the story is well written, supports an excellent cause and excells at character development, it is very pieced together, which I usually don't like. We meet the main characters at a three day bicycle race fundraiser (for the charity mentioned above), where they fall in love. We meet them again a few months later when they decide to move in together and start u ...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
i really loved the first half these guys were adorable.

I got a little bored with all the marketing talk in the second half but still a sweet story
Chris
Jul 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, 2011, ebook
Good short, completely angst- and conflict-free m/m romance about two guys who meet during a charity cycling event to raise money for HIV/AIDS research.
Tracy's Place
Dec 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.25 out of 5

Sweet m/m romance about two men who meet each other on a charity bike ride.
Lucy
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Jason is a four year veteran of the 290 mile bike ride from Boston to New York, which raises money for an AIDS charity. He bikes with a team of three friends, all of whom met at the first year ride. This year, however, he also meets Ben, a first year rider. When Ben gets a flat tire, Jason stops to help, and a friendship is born.

There is absolutely no angst, no problems and no trauma in this story. It is a gentle telling of how two sweethearts meet and fall in love. Everything about the story,
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Adams that I have read, and I have to say that I was shocked at how much I enjoyed it! I’ve only heard good things about Adams, but I still went into this book a bit weary because I was unsure what to think or expect.

I really enjoyed the characters – both Ben and Jason – which is equally rare for me because I don’t usually enjoy both main characters. I did enjoy how Adams was able to give each of the men their own personalities, and they are so likeable.

While this was a
Ryoma Gartre
Rosebee
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abadoned
I couldn't even finish reading this one. The first half of the book was fantastic, but the second half seemed like a completely different book. The plot disappeared, and there suddenly nothing but sex scenes & chatter between the two main characters that I couldn't determine the purpose of.

The author is donating the profits from this book to an HIV/AIDS charity, so I don't regret purchasing the book.
Michael Offutt
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A lovely story. Jeff is a great writer, and the sex scenes were very nice. They had the glass fogging up my iPad something fierce. This book is so filled with love and unforgettable characters that I'm amazed he could touch me emotionally like this in so few pages. Jeff is definitely a writer to watch and Bicycle Built for Two (though metaphoric) is a perfect title.
Natalija
Apr 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
What a wonderful story! The premise was new and refreshing, and I always appreciate a book that teaches me something. In addition to enjoying a lovely romance, I also learned quite a few things about Braking the Cycle, a three-day charity ride from Boston to New York that raises funds for HIV/AIDS services. Definitely recommended!
Diane
Nov 13, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and Swee

Two like minded bicyclists meet during a charity fun ride and combine their jobs and lives. As they cooperate in all arms of their lives they discover they're stronger together.
Snowtulip
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, sports, own
Sweet, steady, comfortable romance :)
MsMiz (Tina)
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
Nice refreshing story about two very nice guys who meet on an AIDs charity bike ride. This book great for those times when you are looking for an angst free love story.
V
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very sweet and cute.
Lauraadriana
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, super-cute
Very adorable :0) Cute, sweet and quick read.
Gaa-chan
Jun 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Genre: M/M Contemporary

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Elianara
Apr 04, 2015
bazinga ~Lisa
May 20, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Jeff's written stories since he was in middle school and became a gay romance writer in 2009 when his first short stories were published. Since then he's written several more shorts and novels, including some in the young adult genre, and he plans to keep writing as long as wonderful readers keeping picking up his books.

Jeff lives in rural Northern California with his husband of twenty years, Will