Start by marking “Owning Wednesday” as Want to Read:
Owning Wednesday

Owning Wednesday

Wednesday has been with Vincent, her dominant and former teacher, for eight years. His detached ownership of her feels more like understanding than love, but she has thrilled under his hands all the same. When Vincent decides it's time to end their formalized relationship, Wednesday is lost.

But another man watches from afar, determined to make her his own. This man,
Published April 5th 2011 by Loose Id (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Owning Wednesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Owning Wednesday

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
1,044 books — 1,346 voters
Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairLean on Me by Cherise Sinclair
Gateway to BDSM
664 books — 828 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Owning Wednesday
Praj
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm-erotica
When you make love, do you look in the mirror? –Hell yeah!

Who do you think of, does he look like me? – Nah-uh! Umm.... Tommy Page, you Rick Price asrcasm !

Do you tell lies and say that it's forever? - Yeah, bet your skinny Def Leppard ass!

Do you think twice, or just touch 'n' see? – just touch and scream babe!

Many moons ago , one of the crummy exes had been mouthing moronic elucidations of ‘Love Bites’ and here I was curled up wondering why not just sing an Amy Grant and shut the fuck up! I
Ridley
This was a frustrating read for me. On the one hand, you've got moments like this:
But just before she came, the man fucking stopped.

She actually sobbed then. “Daniel, no! Please! Please don’t do this to me. You’ll kill me.”

“Kill you? ‘Here lies Wednesday, total drama queen.’ I’ll visit every week and leave butt plugs on your grave.”
Just about the only thing rarer than a negative pregnancy test in romance is humor and playfulness in BDSM scenes, and I loved that this book went there. It was a
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Wow, I ended up loving this one. I was a little annoyed the hinted "fucked up" little girl with Daddy issues. When the truth came out, I'm thinking, WTF. That's not really so fucked up. Then when we find out Wednesday is only 25 at one point, I'm just confused. I mean, seriously confused and a little disturbed.

Walk with me on this one. She actually met Daniel on her 24 birthday. But she's been with Victor for 5 years. 5 bloody years! That means he had her at 19. We know up front that Victor is
Anneke Jacob
Jul 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Owning Wednesday was a great read. I also appreciated that it was about a couple relationship instead of the usual bdsm multiplayer orgy. An intense relationship at that. The characters were so tightly engaged, the action felt even a little claustrophobic at times. I think that's what gave the story its exciting tension and edginess.

I prefer the tension that comes from Daniel's obsession with Wednesday, to the lack-of-communication tension that goes with the romance format. Romance plots don't
Michael Dunellen
I skimmed the description of this one several times before I read it. For some reason, it really didn't appeal to me. And then when I read over the first chapter, it confirmed everything that I thought I wouldn't like: I really wasn't happy with what Vincent had done to her.

But then... Wow. She became an actual person. With a job and an apartment and feelings and everything.

Wednesday was really an intriguing character. I didn't realize how young she actually was and what that meant about the
Vivian
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica-contemp
4.5 or 5. I just finished it and I'm really not sure.

The book is a surprising twist from the beginning and the excerpt. It is a true romance, love story. In fact, there is a big surprise near the end that really makes the book much stronger and coalesces it into a whole. It contains some serious sadomasochism, but the handling of it and the explanations via the plot make it understandable and touching even if it is not one's particular preference/kink. Joseph makes both protagonists strong and
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
“Daniel,” she whispered into his palm, “I want to put on some stockings.”

This is the line I’ll always remember when thinking about this book. It’s sexual, submissive, manipulative, and darkly dangerous all wrapped into one. Owning Wednesday explores a dark, sensual power exchange between the dominant Daniel and submissive Wednesday. It studies the difference between owning and loving a person.

Daniel meets Wednesday when her previous dominant Vincent invites him to a threesome. Eventually
Sylvia Ryan
Aug 28, 2011 rated it liked it
This was almost a four star, I'm still vaccilating back and forth, but ... I don't know, I didn't feel a connection to the characters. This may not be a reflection of the writing however, it could just be my take. If you're looking for hot bdsm sex you can consider it a 4 star, if you're looking for character development and a great plot, it's a 3 star. So...how's that for a weird review. lol.
Purplegirl
Dec 04, 2014 marked it as just-couldn-t-do-it
Shelves: m-f-bdsm, dnf, mf
Just coming off of reading her Cirque Series and previously reading her other series, such as Comfort and Club Mephisto, Owning Wednesday was just not up to par. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Wednesday stayed with Vincent. I kind of liked that dynamic better. Daniel was an out of control Dom. He was whiny, always asking why Wednesday let him do things, flying of the handle during a scene. And let me say that the book was mostly scenes..too many scenes. Where was the plot? Unless the ...more
Angela Bee Bee
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
smart smut.great angsty arguments. vincent is a father figure and not big part of the story. the lines are blurred here. daniel is confused about loving her versus owning her...she is too. kink factor 4. really good editing and continuity.
I would have liked to see a deeper discussion of both their backgrounds and motivations
lots of great quotes;

"i'd like to have her alone"

" darling, who's in charge here?"
"you are."
"I am. aren't I?"

"listen, you crazy fuck"

daniel is a bit of a drama queen. but
Delta
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: power exchange romance fans
Owning Wednesday is an intense romance story about a couple engaged in a 24-7 power exchange, D/s relationship. Even though reading about the explicit activities at this level of power exchange pushes the boundaries of my comfort level, the beautiful, "angsty" romance between Wednesday and Daniel kept me in for the long haul.

Annabel Joseph's contemporary characters are so real that I have to remind myself that this is fiction! If you think you would like an explicit bdsm romance story in which
Carole-Ann
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Oh I really liked this - and I totally fell in love with Daniel right from the first !

Wednesday is a lovely sub - amazingly so, even after 5 years of Vincent's domination; and no, I did NOT like Vincent.

A lovely fall-in-love-at-first sight Dom/sub story where the relationship feels real rather than proscribed!
Smith Barney
Mar 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Owned my ass years ago.. A favored f/m power exchange writer and book.
Red
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
What to say about Owning Wednesday. Honestly, hands down one of the best books I have read in a really long time. Her understanding and relaying the workings of a power exchange dynamic was refreshing. Yes there was sex but that is not typically the basis for power exchange. There were several little things that added to this story that if you remotely understand the concept then you fall in love with the meaning. Rituals, protocols, even play on occassion. Vincent is easy to hate but honestly ...more
Adriana
Owning Wednesday by Annabel Joseph

This was a different kind of story for me and I kept going back and forth from liking it to not liking it. I finally settled on liking it because of the ending.

I believe what made this story more difficult for me were a couple of scenes where Wednesday was treated as a thing and not a person. The distinction of ‘owned’ versus ‘loved’ was really apparent to me in these and harder for me to understand. I was fine with the masochistic parts but the debasing names
Kat Desi
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm
This is not your average love story.

Daniel met Wednesday when her Master, Vincent, invited him for a threesome. Vincent used to be Daniel's professor in the Uni. Not long after, Vincent ended their relationship. Daniel swoops in and they settle in a relationship where they struggle on how to make it work with Daniel's controlling nature and Wednesday's desire to find herself.

Daniel is indeed a loving Dom, but he is not perfect--not even close. He is possessive, almost obsessive! Wednesday, on
Jesper
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm
Relatively short book, but it felt long-drawn. There are simply too many pages with sex. Ironic, I know. But fact of the matter is that many of the sex scenes don't do anything besides adding more sex to the book. And throughout it all you're desperately trying to grasp hold of the story that's there somewhere, but it's so shallow and plain that it barely holds your interest.

I mostly struggle with how the author tells you how the characters feel about each other, and how they're doing, and what
Alicia White
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: annabel-joseph
I have to say that this book is the best BDSM book I've had the privilege of reading. Annabel Joseph knows how to use amazing descriptive words so that you become a part of the story. I was Wednesday and I loved the delicious torture.

If you haven't read Annabel's books...start here. But he warned it is full of BDSM with an amazing Happily Ever After. There were so many wonderful twists and turns. I'm just so glad that I closed the book feeling that Wednesday found what she had been looking for.
Yolanda
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
I dont know what to say about this book i read it because i wanted to finish it. I didnt understand the relationship at all i kept getting the feeling Wednesday never really wanted to be controlled but her issues makes her believe she does. She fought it the whole time and i didnt understand why Wednesday and Daniel couldnt just have a normal relationship. i felt the BDSM took over there relationship most of the time althought Daniel said he wanted to be a normal couple. So i just have nothing ...more
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
I have a lot of feelings about this book. Some parts of it I hated Wednesday and other parts I felt like I was Wednesday. I'm not sure I'm ready to examine it any deeper. Suffice to say it certainly was a book that got me thinking and reflecting. It's also HOT. It is not really like Comfort Object even though it is similar on the surface. 4.5 stars!
Amina
May 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm, erotic
this book was ok. i didn't really like the characters that much.

We didn't get to find out who the characters really were.

Also there was almost no plot what so ever.
 Sara
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
somewhat crazy dom hands sub off to (much better) younger dom, then obsesses over them. I like the guy. The slave annoys me, the old dom annoys me, the book dragged and i never finished it.
Jeanny
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great smut =) 4.5 stars.
I can't say why I deducted 1/2 a star without spoilers. Let's just say i wasn't happy about the reason for painting the smallest darkest room in the house. Never sexy.
Salena
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bsdm
Nice story with just the right amount of BDSM for me. I still like my erotica with a little kick, such as action, humor, PNR, or Sci Fi...which is why this was only 4 stars for me.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
12/07/2012
2.5 Stars - it was okay. Didn't love it, but glad I read it. Full review coming soon.
ST
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I've read lots and lots of Annabel Joseph books by now. In general I'm grateful that she writes those books and she's definitely an important person for this genre. However I am becoming increasingly frustrated with her books because they seem very repetitive.
(view spoiler)
She_Dragon
Oct 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wednesday is bratty, rude, whiny and has clear, serious mental issues, Frankly, she is one of the most unlikable and annoying "heroines" I have read in along time, thus reading the book was slow and painful.
Kay Az
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I think the sex scene was too lame and bored. Feels like new baby steps in BDSM.

#dnf
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Danielle Thomas
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: annabel-joseph
Very good bdsm novel. Emotional. A little rough writing, one of her first novels. Riveting nonetheless.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Learning to Drown
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • Double Time (Sinners on Tour, #5)
  • The Dom of My Dreams
  • As She's Told
  • Rock Hard (Sinners on Tour, #2)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Pleasure House, #1)
  • Submissive Beauty
  • Backstage Pass (Sinners on Tour, #1)
  • Tender Mercies
  • Hostile Takeover (Knights of the Board Room, #5)
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Ice Queen (Nature of Desire, #3)
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • The Training House: Box Set
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
Annabel Joseph is a NYT and USA Today bestselling BDSM erotic romance author. She writes mainly contemporary romance, although she has been known to dabble in the medieval and Regency eras. She is recognized for writing emotionally intense BDSM storylines, and strives to create characters that seem real--even flawed--so readers are better able to relate to them.

Annabel also writes non-BDSM erotic
“I want to mark you, and I want to own you. I want to fucking live inside you.” 13 likes
“Come if you must, you ridiculous girl.” 0 likes