Start by marking “Little Shop of Homicide (Devereaux Dime Store, #1)” as Want to Read:
Little Shop of Homicide (Devereaux Dime Store, #1)

Little Shop of Homicide (Devereaux's Dime Store #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  1,233 Ratings  ·  184 Reviews
Dev Sinclair is the happy new owner of the old-fashioned shop in her small Missouri town. But if she doesn't focus on finding the killer of her ex's fiancée, this five-and-dime owner may find herself serving twenty-five to life...
Mass Market Paperback, 250 pages
Published March 6th 2012 by NAL (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Little Shop of Homicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Shop of Homicide

Ian
Mar 05, 2012 rated it liked it
A few years ago on a lazy Sunday afternoon I was watching some strange sport which involved horses and what appeared to be a dead animal...and I think at some stage all the players started shooting at each other. As I was sitting there I had what I thought at the time was a Eureka moment. I really love sushi and I really love sandwiches, so that being the case why not combine them?
Wandering into the kitchen I discovered I had all the ingredients I needed...one cucumber, half an avocado, rice, a
Ingrid Parker
Yvonne
Feb 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Devereaux Sinclair makes a few life-changing decisions. She quits her city job, after a huge scandal rocks her company, moves back to her small hometown in Missouri, Shadow Bend, and buys an old fashioned five-and-dime store. Dev is quite happy until her ex-boyfriend’s fiancé, Joelle, turns up dead. The murder weapon just happens to be items Dev used in a gift basket that Joelle purchased, making Dev the number one suspect.

With her father already serving time in prison, Dev has no desire to join
Elaine
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy
I love this series. I've been reading the authors scumble river series since the first book and love it. I was almost afraid to start this new series in case I didn't like it. I should not have been worried. Fantastic book b a fantastic author.
Melissa
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
First in a new cozy mystery series. It was okay...I little too heavy on the sexual innuendo for my liking. Most cozy mysteries I have read are not so risque. If I wanted sensual I would have opted for a Harlequin romance. I may read others in the series...not certain though.
Shannon
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It had me laughing and I had no idea who dunnit till the very end! Can't wait for more in the series!!
LORI CASWELL
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2012
Welcome to Devereaux’s Dime Store and Gift Baskets complete with a 3 stool soda fountain and a glass candy case. The best thing Dev ever did was quit the rat race, move home and buy this store.

Today she is rethinking her big decision as Kansas City Detective Woods arrives before the store is even open to accuse her of murdering her ex-boyfriend’s fiancée Joelle Ayers. Just because some items from a gift basket she created were used as murder weapons didn’t mean she had anything to do with the wo
Elizabeth
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A Little Shop Of Homicide is the first in a new series of A Devereaux's Dime Store Mystery.
I loved this little cozy mystery with a little romance mixed in with it. Denise has started a good new series with this book .
Devereaux Sinclair left her city job and bought an old Five and Dime store out in her hometown in Shadow Bend, Missouri, Devereaux Dime store and Gift Baskets. She makes up some special baskets upon request. She also has the old fashion soda fountain and candy case. She is happy to
Barbara ★
When Devereaux Sinclair quits her high paying job in the city and returns to her hometown, she opens an old-fashioned dime store. She supplements this with a gift basket business that seems to be her main source of income. Unfortunately it's one of her gift baskets that get her embroiled in a murder mystery since her fingerprints were at the crime scene. A Kansas City cop who got burned in a ponzi scheme involving Devereaux's previous boss, has her in his sights and is brutally harassing her as ...more
Oswego Public Library District
Set in a small town in Missouri, Devereaux Sinclair has opened up a five-and-dime store that sells custom gift baskets for any occasion. Dev left her six figure job to move back to her hometown and take care of her aging grandmother; however her life turns upside down when the local detective storms into her store and accusing her of murdering her ex-boyfriend’s fiancé, Joelle. The murder weapon? Special items from one of Dev’s fancy gift baskets. As Dev turns to her friends and family for help, ...more
  • An Appetite for Murder (Key West Food Critic Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Buys a T-shirt (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #1)
  • 50% Off Murder (Good Buy Girls, #1)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Soup Lover's Mystery, #1)
  • A Killer Read (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #1)
  • Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1)
  • If Fried Chicken Could Fly (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery, #1)
  • Murder Unmentionable (Sweet Nothings, #1)
  • Fire Engine Dead (Museum, #3)
  • Liver Let Die (A Clueless Cook Mystery, #1)
  • Flowerbed of State (A White House Gardener Mystery, #1)
  • Quickstep to Murder (A Ballroom Dance Mystery #1)
  • Murder for Choir (Glee Club, #1)
  • Buried in a Book (Novel Idea, #1)
  • Pies and Prejudice (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, #1)
  • Due or Die (Library Lover's Mystery, #2)
  • Death of a Kitchen Diva (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #1)
  • Buzz Off (Queen Bee Mystery, #1)
Denise Swanson lives in rural Illinois with her husband, classical composer David Stybr.

After 22 years as a practicing school psychologist, she's happiest sitting in her scree porch reading. However, when the weather turns too cold, she's willing to leave the Midwest to cruise the sunny Caribbean.

Denise is an animal lover, but her home is currently furless, since her kitty of 20 years passed awa
More about Denise Swanson...

Devereaux's Dime Store (6 books)
  • Nickeled-and-Dimed to Death (Devereaux's Dime Store Mystery, #2)
  • Dead Between the Lines (Devereaux's Dime Store, #3)
  • Dying for a Cupcake (Devereaux's Dime Store, #4)
  • Between a Book and a Hard Place (Devereaux's Dime Store, #5)
  • Lions and Tigers and Murder, Oh My (devereaux's dime store, #6)