Start by marking “Echoes of Titanic” as Want to Read:
Echoes of Titanic

Echoes of Titanic

Kelsey Tate comes from sturdy stock. Her great-grandmother Adele endured the sinking of Titanic and made it safely to America, where she not only survived but thrived. Generations later, Kelsey works for the firm Adele founded nearly 100 years ago.

Now facing a hostile takeover, the firm’s origins are challenged when new facts emerge about Adele’s actions on the night Tita

Published March 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Echoes of Titanic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Echoes of Titanic

Start your review of Echoes of Titanic
Melissa
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I wanted to give this book four stars and one star. I settled on three.

The mystery aspect of the book was terrific. The characters were interesting, and even though I would NOT pick up a book about investment companies (bleh!), the storyline/mystery/plot/business aspect was very captivating. The whole tie-in with the Titanic was wonderful and was what kept me turning pages late into the night.

However, the book became suddenly religious (Christian), and that was NOT fun to read at all. I rolled m
Renee
Jun 17, 2011 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I'm not giving this one a star rating simply because I couldn't finish it and have decided to not rate books I haven't read all the way through because it's not fair to do so. That said I really struggled with this one. I was hoping for more of the story to be set on board Titanic but instead only a few short chapters every now and then gave a glimpse of the lives of Adele and Jocelyn, the two cousins who were a passengers on that ship making the trip across the Atlantic. I would have loved for ...more
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
ECHOES OF TITANIC is a book written during the height of the Titanic anniversary, so I'm a bit behind reading it. It is part historical with Adele and Jocelyn's stories written, and partially contemporary with their heir trying to manage the business.

When Kelsey's great-grandmother's identity is questioned, things go into an uproar. Why is a man surfacing NOW to state his claim on half of the business's assets? Why did Kelsey's boss commit suicide -- or was it murder? Who really survived the Ti
Cathy Daniel
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I had to stay up to finish reading this! This book is so much more than a mystery! It's about honor, trust, legacy, lies, deceptions and I'm going to stop before I give too much away! Tears at the end. Lovely book!!
Christy
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to any novel about the Titanic, I know that things aren't gonna end well, for most, if not all, the characters. And call me crazy, but I didn't even read the back cover blurb for this book before I dove right in. I saw "Mindy Starns Clark" on the cover, and that's all I needed to know. It was gonna be a great book, even if I had to will it to be so. :o) And of course, I was not disappointed. Mindy's books always have this suspenseful "wow" factor that's different from any other sus ...more
Jesseca Wheaton
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!! I picked it up to read during my down time when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, and.. wow! It kept me a up a few late nights trying to finish it! I love the letters and the historical aspect that's woven into the more contemporary novel. And the mystery! I never, EVER suspected that guy! Definitely came s a shock.
All in all it was a lovely book that I will more assuredly be reading again. :)
 Readaholic Jenn
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
An excellent book with an intriguing plot. I just wish there had been more scenes on the Titanic and more of Adele's diary had been reveled.
Julia
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Echoes Of Titanic by Mindy Starns Clark is a mystery novel spanning a hundred years. The action alternates between 1912 and 2012. In 1912 Adele Brennan, her cousin Jocelyn and Uncle Rowan are passengers on the ill fated Titanic. Adele survives to become a successful business woman (no plot give away, as the reader knows this from the start). One hundred years later, Adele's great granddaughter Kelsey is a successful business woman too, in the family firm that Adele's father started. Life is goin ...more
Melanie
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2RM1UF5...
Review on my blog: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

I have read many of Mindy Starns Clark's suspense books and loved most of them, but unfortunately, Echoes of Titanic wasn't that great to me. I found myself easily bored throughout most of the novel (although it did get better later on in the story) and sometimes thought there were too many details.

I did like the mystery, though, of who really survived from the sinking of
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
-DNF at page 132.
I actually just read the epilogue, just to see if things had wrapped up. But, honesty? This book was just so sad & depressing. The history of the Titanic is already an awful thing--but this book's main plot was about those who drowned. Not a happy part of history or a happy topic to read about. Add in a suicide & a father going down hill from a stroke, and it's really depressing. *Just a note that the suicide is borderline detailed.
It was so wordy and so much info....which isn
Faye
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5
Will the past destroy Kelsey's future?

This was a book that was well written and expertly intertwined the past and the present, with a century old mystery. This wasn't quite what I expected, and there was very little in the book that had to actually do with the Titanic.

I had a really hard time reading this book, it had nothing to do with the way it was written or anything like that, but I found most of the book had to do with the world of Wall Street, with stocks and bonds, something t
Mareli Thalwitzer
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: iriver-epub
TITANIC fever was still high and I found this lovely story between all the many many books cocerned with the tragic event of the sinking of the ship. This was a good read, quite an intriguing plot with a well rounded ending. "The secret to a happy life is in the hanging on and the letting go - let go of your hurts, your grudges and any possessions that aren't a necessity. Hang on to your memories, your loved ones and most of all your faith"
Christine Cheripka
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What better to do then read a book that flashes back to the Titanic while sitting on a cruise ship in the Caribbean........This was a great modern day mystery that keep flashing between modern days and the tragedy over years ago. I found this book in the cruise ship library and read it in days...great story...
AJ
Aug 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good story
Recommended to AJ by: The authoress
Book Summary—Kelsey Tate’s great-grandmother, Adele, was a survivoress on the Titanic, which sunk 4/15/1912, and Adele became a leading businesswoman who made it her mission to help other women, minorities, and immigrants launch their own businesses. Now, however, some 100 years later, Adele’s image has been called into question, charged as a lie. She isn’t Adele Brennan Tate at all but her cousin, Jocelyn Brennan, who was supposed to have sunk on the Titanic. And, if she is Jocelyn and not Adel ...more
Jamie
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book about a family investment firm that has a specific way of doing business. They help women and immigrants to get the funding for start up companies, etc. The main character, Kelsey, is the great granddaughter of Adele, who is a survivor of the Titanic sinking.

With her father's health failing, it is falling to Kelsey to be the face of the company, and it's working. Suddenly, in the middle of one of her big speeches, a cousin shows up, making a scene and stating that Adele was not r
Ellen White
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kelsey pursuing a career, and the legacy that had been before her. Her father had a stroke, and they were honoring her not only for the success of the millions she has brought in. Also, that she is carrying on the legacy of the company. When an out cry of a man says “liar”. To that her world begins to change. To a woman who was her mentor, was it suicide or murder. She and others she work with, dig into the past, of what happened on the titanic, who really did survive. Was there a mistake, was m ...more
Dawn
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chrystal
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Incredible, Couldn’t put it down. Stayed up late for hours until I finished the book. At the end of each chapter, I had to know what happened next. Constant mystery, intrigue, plot and character twists, historical fiction/current split time setting structure, never knowing who you can trust... a suspense-filled read, with a little bit of romance thrown in. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Nicole
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this a very interesting book. I'm not into wall street and all the financial stuff but the mysteries and bit of romance was enough to overcome that. I enjoyed the characters and especially loved the chapters about the cousins on the Titanic. I wish there had been more of those chapters since I'm fascinated with the Titanic but they did supply info and a glimpse into the voyage and past.
Amy
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
BORING unless you love stocks and Bonds 🙄🙄🙄. I checked the book out due to the title. If they had more story line of Adel and her time on the titanic it would have got a 3. The presents day characters were very boring. Kelsey seem very spoiled. I wish i had stop reading but was hoping some more of the titanic story. Rule to remember never judge a book by its cover 😭😭😭😭
Sue
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read! His was a page turner for me. Part fiction, part mystery, part facts based on history. Also a bit of a love story. I have read books by this author before and have always enjoyed her work. If you enjoy reading about the Titanic, I think you'd not be disappointed with this book.
Lisa Crookston
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Crystal Ellyson
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Echoes of Titanic Review

I just finished reading Echoes Of Titanic, I really liked reading this book. It was an interesting story and it drew me in quickly.
Carolyn
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soooo good!!!
Carol
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
My own facination with the Titanic brought me to this book. Did not disappoint - so many factual "ship descriptions". Was sorry to see it end........
Kayla Graham
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly enjoyed this book. I could hardly put it down! It’s set mostly in the present but uses flashbacks at various points. I got attached to the characters very easily. Read it!
Heidi Peemen
2 stars, just for the historical part. I wish there would have been a bigger storyline in the past. The storyline that's taking place in the present was boring and predictable in my opinion.
Meagan
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man, I loved this book. Don't read it at night ... LOL! The subject matter isn't the most conducive for going to sleep -- plus, I just had to find out what was going to happen next. And I didn't want to put it down/go to sleep on a sad or tense moment ... so of course I had to read "just one more chapter" and get myself to an acceptable stopping point. There were a few late nights as a result!

Absolutely phenomenal book, well researched and kept me guessing the entire time. I loved it and would d
Lisa Johnson
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Title: Echoes of the Titanic
Author: Mindy Starns Clark & John Campbell Clark
Pages: 400
Publisher: Harvest House Publishers
Year: 2012
Note: A complimentary copy was graciously by the author.

So much happens in a day that to remember an event in the past, unless one is a student of history or events, is hard to recall for most people. While I didn’t realize it, this year is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. It was some time back when I was reading about the Titanic that I realized
Iola
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Echoes of Titanic opens at the 1913 Titanic memorial service, with an unnamed woman thinking of her loss, of the nightmare and of her guilt. The story then moves to 2012 and to Kelsey Tate, who works for Brennan & Tate, the investment firm established by her great grandmother, Adele Brennan. Kelsey’s PR speech is interrupted by a heckler announcing that Adele perished on the Titanic, and Jocelyn assumed Adele’s identity. While Kelsey discredits the story, it is within the realms of possibility, ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• James Cameron's Titanic
  • A Reluctant Melody
  • Murder with Lemon Tea Cakes (Daisy's Tea Garden Mystery #1)
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance, #1)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • Smitten Book Club (Smitten, #3)
  • Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1)
  • City of Angels (Shannon Saga, #1)
  • Carolina Breeze (Bluebell Inn Romance, #2)
  • Love on Beach Avenue (The Sunshine Sisters, #1)
  • Welcome to the World, Baby Girl! (Elmwood Springs, #1)
  • A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2)
  • Winterwood
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • Little Hands  Big Hands: Children and Adults Signing Together
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • Carbs & Cadavers (A Supper Club Mystery, #1)
  • Love Finds You in Treasure Island, Florida
Mindy Starns Clark is the bestselling author of more than 30 books, both fiction and nonfiction, and has received numerous literary honors, including two Christy Awards and RT Book Review Magazine’s 2012 Career Achievement Award. Mindy and her husband, John, have two adult children and live near Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.

News & Interviews