Start by marking “Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18)” as Want to Read:
Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18)

Explosive Eighteen

(Stephanie Plum #18)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  68,002 ratings  ·  4,942 reviews

Bounty hunter Stephanie Plums life is set to blow sky high when international murder hits dangerously close to home, in this dynamite novel by Janet Evanovich.

Before Stephanie can even step foot off Flight 127 from Hawaii to Newark, shes knee deep in trouble. Her dream vacation turned into a nightmare, shes flying back to New Jersey solo, and someone who sounds like

Hardcover, 1st Edition, 305 pages
Published November 22nd 2011 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Explosive Eighteen, please sign up.
Ellen I believe they moved to Florida. the sister, Valerie, her husband, her two girls, and 2 more children she had with the new husband.

·  68,002 ratings  ·  4,942 reviews

Start your review of Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18)
Elizabeth (Book_Attict)
Okay, I admit it -- I'm a Stephanie Plum sucker! I read Smokin' 17, and until the last chapter of the book, SWORE that I'd no longer be running out to get the hardcover edition of another Stephanie Plum book as soon as it was released, Instead,I'd be looking for the paperback at one of the used bookstores I frequent...

I love Janet Evanovich's writing style, her dialogue is hilarious, the characters are great, and reading the latest installment is like going home to visit with old friends --
Mrs. Badass
Nov 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
If you like my review, go like it on Amazon would you ? Maybe JE's publishers will see it...

So, here I am again. I swore I wouldn't read another Evanovich Plum Novel--after my last review of 17, I swore tooth and nail to my husband, my mom, and my blog readers that I wouldn't read it! So...I went to the library. I really just had to know if it was as bad as the previous one. After being teased that she might make a decision in 18, I let my small curiosity overshadow my intellect.

Remember back
James
Jan 07, 2012 rated it liked it
After 18 books in this series, I can't always give out a 4 just because I laugh so hard I nearly pee myself. Evanovich has to work harder and harder to keep the high mark stars... but in all honesty, this was a hysterical edition in the series.

I read it about 5 years ago but still have vivid memories of many character escapades. And when it's a trip to Hawaii (partly), who wouldn't love it. I'm going back to add small review and thoughts on any book I never actually wrote up a review for. And
Kristi
Nov 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
I like Stephanie Plum, I really do, but this series has failed to make any forward progress for at least ten books now. It's the same story over and over (and over) again. It's getting kind of pathetic that Stephanie can't pick a man. And we know that Lula's fat, and wears tacky clothes, and eats more than most circus animals... We don't need constant reminders. Please, please, please add something fresh to this series to keep the reader interested!
Heather Codename: ♕Dutchess♕
Here's the thing. I love Janet. I love the Stephanie world, I really do.

However - after 18 books a lot of things are starting to get very old.

Let's start with:
Lula's eating habits: It's getting really annoying, book after book, listening to her bitch and moan about what she eats, what she doesn't eat etc. etc. Either stick the girl on a complete diet or shut up about her eating habits. I really don't care that she's about to get sick after eating 10 cream filled donuts. She's a pig and it's
Duchess Nicole
*************************
EDIT:
Still frustrated. Still love Lula and Grandma Mazur. Problem is, I love both Morelli and Ranger. I used to lean more toward Morelli, but lately he seems sort of apathetic towards any relationship with Stephanie. It's Ranger that tries to help her out and take care of her, and he seems genuinely worried that she'll get hurt. Morelli just complains that she gives him heartburn.

This one was still definitely worth reading, though if your looking for closure, it still
Tori
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it
I liken this series to an original document that you print out all new, and fresh, and perfect. And then the copy get's copied, and that copy gets copied and so on until you end up with a faded, scarred, crooked, ghost of that perfect original. It's old and it's tired and as much as you used to love it, it's time to let it go and start a new, original, document.
When I first discovered this series a few years ago, I absolutely loved it! I'm talking fan girl, crazed, running to the bookstore on
Heather Gardner
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book just like I have enjoyed all the others. I find them entertaining and laugh out loud funny.
It doesn't seem to bother me, as it does others, that the character Stephanie Plum is sleeping with more than one man at a time. She's young, not in a permanent relationship and FICTIONAL.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Aug 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I can always count on this series to lighten my mood. put a smile on my face and laugh out loud multiple times. I love this rag tag group of friends and family, they never let me down. Guaranteed to have a good time just when I need one. :)
carol.
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: hardcore Plum fans only
Shelves: mystery, female-lead, yawn

Hi. My name is Carol and I'm a bookoholic.

I've been reading ever since I can remember, but Goodreads seems to be contributing to my disease. I can't control myself. I'm always adding books to my "to-read" list, which is so long that if I stopped adding books today, I'd still have three years of books on it. Then there is the library, where a drive-by is part of my routine. It's on the way home from work, so it is really unavoidable. If I only make a quick stop to pick up a monthly read, that
Cyndi
May 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
Hilarious! Stephanie Plum is getting more and more bad-ass. Love her! If you really want to enjoy it, try the audio version. Lorelei King is a genius. She gets the voices perfectly.

Reread June 2016. Never tire of these books! When Steph loses it in the garage? Never underestimate a woman who feels threatened.

Reread June 2018 when this story begins its not one of my favs, but it quickly picks up. Now that the stories are becoming more and more involved with the Morelli/Ranger dynamic I have to
Jilly
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I was beginning to not like ,myself so much. The honest confusion of loving two men was giving way to something that felt a little like unhealthy self-indulgence.

Not liking herself too much? Well, Stephanie, join the club! According to the reviews, nobody is liking you too much anymore. And, the triangle thing has gone on way too long. At this point, they are basically a menage.

Me? I'm kind of apathetic towards her at this stage. I still like the books, but they aren't magical or anything.
Sue
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
You know what, I was actually real hopeful that there would be some development in this book. For the whole series Stephanie and Lula have bungled along.

For a moment I thought there would be some sort of character development. Especially over the whole Hawaii ordeal. I was flipping pages like mad to find out what happened. It was kind of a let down.

We do have some introspection by Stephanie, but she said she's not the introspection type. She remarked abut how she knows it's not good of her to be
Terri
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Stephanie Plum is back with "capers" (read the book - you'll get it) aplenty - each of them more hilarious and scandalous than the next, in Janet Evanovich's latest, "Explosive Eighteen." I give it four stars just because it made me laugh out loud and shout "oh no" and "ewwwww" several times. Evanovich, though not known for her literary merits, is certainly a master entertainer! All of my friends are back - Lula (who was in rare form for #18), Morelli and Ranger (they took a backseat here, as ...more
Karla
Nov 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Heavy Sigh* Just okay...this needs to be over soon, it's gone on way too long. Pick Joe already Stephanie, although after all you've put him through I don't know why he still wants you. A few laughs, but a lot of the same old same old, and unless Janet Evanovich comes up with a new plot line, this series will be dying a slow, painful death. I will see it through to the end, mostly to see what happens to Joe than any other character, and hopefully I won't be bored to tears in the process.

michelle
Dec 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
Well, that was incredibly disappointing.

I get that when reading this kind of series it is going to be repetitive. It's a comfort thing - formula is good because you know what you're going to get.

Yet after 22 books (18 novels, 4 novellas), you expect /some/ character development. But it was just the same old thing.

Like many others, I want Stephanie to just choose a guy already or just accept that she is a two guy girl. The latter is unlikely because of the underlying prudishness of her
Lady Allison
Jun 20, 2011 marked it as to-read
Two Stephanie Plums in a year! Crazy!
Kelly
Nov 27, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
EMPTY EIGHTEEN
This book is a lot like opening a can of soda and finding it flat. All the stuff is there to make it a good story but there is no spark (or fizzle) between the characters that we used to get in the earlier books (1-12). Yeah all of the Ranger fans have wanted Steph to hook up with Ranger again but this time it was just sex between them and none of the fun affectionate, chemistry that used to exist between them. I am a huge Ranger fan and would love to see them end up together but
Wendy F
Jun 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
I'm stuck between a 3 and a 4 star rating.

On one hand, all my old complaints still stand firm. She has got to start putting more time into this series. They all just seem so rushed and like she's not TRYING anymore.

But! I have to say that I have been waiting for (view spoiler). That makes me want to bump it up. Plus I laughed a bit more in this one then in the last two... oh and man, those are two hot men. I swooned a bit.

All in all,
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would have liked to hear more about the whole Hawaii thing, would've been even better for it to be a main story. Ranger vs. Morelli show down, maaan I'd love to see that. But, alas, it was still fun.
Wanda
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
As you can tell from my rating, I found this book to be terribly disappointing.

I love Ranger, and I hate how Evanovich turned him into nothing more than a booty call for Steph, who is still too immature to deal with her feelings. Even more immature than she was in 17, or earlier books.

I think Steph was stronger and smarter in OFTM than she has been portrayed in the last 5 books. Twelve Sharp was the end of the series, as far as I am concerned. It was the last time any of the characters came
Reina
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Spoilers!

I really thought we'd have some romantic resolution in this book. But it's the same old formula she stumbles through things, gets herself into trouble, and doesn't decide anything about the men and leaves you hanging with thinking "maybe in the next book". Please Ms. Evanovich have some character development/ growth! I'll give the series one more book to improve then I am done with it. I'd also love to see Stephanie get better at her job - going to the firing range, taking a self
Tilly Slaton
Oct 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Explosive Eighteen is a part of a brilliantly hilarious series featuring Stephanie Plum and her incredible sidekicks.

I am unhappy with this book. Explanation below

Stephanie Plum is at it again. Running from madmen, evading the FBI and police, outrunning mobsters and doing her best to keep Lula from shooting someone.

Being a bounty hunter is positively entertaining in this series. Whenever I need a good laugh, I close my eyes and reach towards my bookshelf that holds my Evanovich collection. I
Jeanette
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! Well, what little there is to spoil...

Ok, here goes. I have been greatly disappointed by Janet Evanovich's work with Stephanie Plum's character since book 9 when Stephanie, Lula and Connie went to Las Vegas and Lula was on the meat diet. That was some serious laugh out loud writing. Since then the books have become extremely formulated, predictable, lacking character growth, and boring. I nearly put Explosive Eighteen into this same grouping, but was saved by Stephanie coming
Brittany
Nov 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
I really couldn't get into this one. At first, I really thought the author realized that the same old formula and indecision between the characters was becoming absurd and tiring, but obviously not.

The plot was slow and half way through the book I didn't care. It took me less than six hours to read this book due to the enormous margins. There was less humor in this book than in her previous novels- more than a bit disappointing. Thank goodness the library buys these books do I don't have to!
Marcia
Nov 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: evanovich-janet
Let me begin by saying, I love Stephanie Plum. Love her. I love Morelli, Ranger, Lula, Grandma Mazur, Connie, Vinnie, the Burg, and everything and everyone connected to Stephanie's weird, weird world. No, I don't consider these books to be "great literature," and yes, I do think they are formulaic in the extreme. But the formula still works for me, because...and this is a BIG because...it makes me laugh out loud. Every time. I'm always happy to buy the next book in the series, and Explosive ...more
 Arushi
Mar 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, romance, mystery
Stephanie Plum is a tramp.

I was sitting on the porch in my rocking chair, whistling to myself as I read a steamy scene between Steph and Morelli moaning and praying to whoever was listening to drop a Morelli in my arms as well. I flipped to the cover to admire the intricate swirls of the title Juicy eighty five.

And then it hit me.

My hands were wrinkled and the reason for my moans wasnt the raunchy scene but my old knees. I was dreaming. About reading. This book. Even when. I was ninety years
TJ
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5/5.0

I know, I know... why do I keep torturing myself? I have no answer save that after reading 18 Stephanie Plum books, I want so badly for something to happen relationship-wise between her and either one of her guys that I delude myself into believing character growth is somehow still possible in the Evanovich world. It has to be... books 9 - 13 were rich with it. So..... there are no explanations for the constant, recent disappointments.

This book opens with Stephanie flying home from Hawaii
Amanda
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Okay. So I've been a Plum fan for over a year now, and I will admit, somewhere around number 12/13, my interest in these books did head downhill, but only just a little. I knew, even after reading all the reviews, and the 1 star ratings, that I would read this book, because I love this series and unless a book is completely, unreadably BAD, I usually want to finish a series (even though this one seems to be ever-lasting!).

So why the 4 stars? Because I LIKED this book. It felt like coming home.
Franny (The Reader's Edge)
I really think this series needs to reach an end. The books are full of the same stuff different title. I think she needs to pick a guy and wrap it up. This book was better than the 15, 16 and 17, but it really hasn't been the same since 12. An author really needs to know when the money train is over and the fans deserve a resolution. I keep holding out for it to get back to the magic at the beginning of the series. In addition to all this, the ebook prices for these books are unreasonable.

Ok.
Is Janet Evanovich'e Explosive Eighteen going to be any better? 27 264 Feb 05, 2019 12:14PM
The Women's Myste...: #22 Explosive Eighteen 2 17 Aug 17, 2013 09:26AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Explosive Eighteen, by Janet Evanovich 1 2 May 19, 2013 08:31AM
M/M in Janet Evanovich's Explosive Eighteen? Possible spoiler. 10 221 Aug 22, 2012 07:16AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Explosive Eighteen 1 5 Apr 23, 2012 07:36AM
I "heart" Morelli: Explosive Eighteen 4 29 Feb 17, 2012 09:51AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. explosive eighteen 2 7 Jan 21, 2012 12:40PM

• Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich - Review Summary
  • Full House (Full #1)
  • Tricky Twenty-Two: by Janet Evanovich
  • Foul Play
  • Hero at Large
  • H is for Homicide (Kinsey Millhone, #8)
  • L is for Lawless (Kinsey Millhone, #12)
  • F is for Fugitive (Kinsey Millhone, #6)
  • J is for Judgment (Kinsey Millhone, #10)
  • Family Graces
  • G is for Gumshoe (Kinsey Millhone, #7)
  • Carpool Diem
  • Class of 1989: A Post Viral Apocalyptic Story
  • Catkwondo
  • Abandoned at the Academy: A Reverse Harem Bully Academy Romance (Island Academy Book 1)
  • Tender Graces
  • I is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone, #9)
  • Potions Are for Pushovers

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)