Start by marking “Smart Organizing: Simple Strategies for Bringing Order to Your Home” as Want to Read:
Smart Organizing: Simple Strategies for Bringing Order to Your Home

Smart Organizing: Simple Strategies for Bringing Order to Your Home

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
For busy moms, organizing is something that is always on the to-do list but never gets scratched off. This book three concepts: consolidate, condense and containerize. Then, once a house is in its prime, just identify and maintain the most important 20 per cent of household tasks and the house will never be a mess again.
Published January 1st 2005 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Smart Organizing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smart Organizing

Heather
Jun 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone!
Recommended to Heather by: a co-worker
If just the thought of cleaning/organizing your house overwhelms you, this book is for you. It teaches you how to organize your house one area at a time and how to keep it that way with a fool proof three point plan. It makes house cleaning simple and worry free by using the bare bones way. This book has helped me tremendously because I can go into a serious panicked state over my how clean my house is. This book has a load of information in it that goes along with the tips. I still go back to t ...more
Michelle
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
OK! Before this book, my house was constantly a mess, not that it is perfect now people. But, it helped me see things in a different light and helped me like cleaning. I also loved the little organizing tips as well.
Cari
Aug 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read
i am so good at reading about getting organized. i like this book because it gets at the reasons why we tend to keep junk and how we can over come the sabbotage of family members to our organizational plans. i would have given it 5 stars if it had cleaned out my closet.
Relyn
Jul 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who love their homes
Recommended to Relyn by: I love organizing books.
Shelves: homekeeping
I am always reading organizing books looking for new tips.
Dogsandbooks
Jun 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-self-growth
Not bad. Bare bones methods--what are the 20%activities that give max result? I'm getting to this point with some consistent easy routines. DPL e book via overdrive
Marcia
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really loved her thinking around doing the 20% that makes it 80% better. And on not being over organised!
Karen Roman
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
A mediocre book at best, with plenty of ideas that are solid enough, but the strong religious bias running through it was very off-putting.

I, my family, and the vast majority of my friends have no need or desire to fit god into my home organization plan or cleaning schedule. Unless of course you can arrange to have Jesus come over to fold and put away the laundry. That would be really helpful.

I am holding out for a how-to source that doesn't rely on me depending on the author's imaginary friend.
Stella
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, organizing
I can't believe i managed to grab this little gem for free. Although I consider myself organized (this book showed me i may be a bit too organized) there was something even for me there. Lots of useful tips from many different organizers too. Lots of advice to pick and choose from. Something for everyone.
Stephanie
Sep 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
I love books on organizing and homemaking, but found this one to be extremely repetitive and rather boring. Nothing useful in this one for me, unfortunately.
Sabrina
Apr 24, 2008 marked it as to-read
Oh how I need this.
Migsy
Apr 30, 2008 rated it liked it
There are a few good ideas here, but not a whole book's worth. Just don't ask how many of those ideas I've put into practice.
E
Cynthia Mercaldo
Aug 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • One Thing At a Time: 100 Simple Ways to Live Clutter-Free Every Day
  • Vegan Lunch Box Around the World: 125 Easy, International Lunches Kids and Grown-Ups Will Love!
  • The Organized Kitchen: Keep Your Kitchen Clean, Organized, And Full Of Good Food and Save Time, Money, (And Your Sanity) Every Day!
  • Store This! Simple Home Storage Systems & House Organization Solutions
  • Memo - Den nemme vej til bedre hukommelse  (Danish)
  • How to Speed Read: A Very Easy Guide
  • Where's Mom Now That I Need Her?: Surviving Away from Home
  • Cracking the Millionaire Code: Your Key to Enlightened Wealth
  • Year's Best SF 6
  • 17 Lies That Are Holding You Back and the Truth That Will Set You Free
  • Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home: No-Nonsense Advice that Will Inspire You to CLEAN like the DICKENS
  • Skinny Bitch: Home, Beauty, and Style A No-Nonsense Guide to Cutting the Crap Out of Your Life for a Better Body and  a Kinder World
  • The Busy Mom's Guide To Speed Cleaning And Organizing: How To Organize, Clean, And Keep Your Home Spotless