Start by marking “Le livre sans nom (Bourbon kid,#1)” as Want to Read:
Le livre sans nom (Bourbon kid,#1)

Le livre sans nom (Bourbon Kid #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  4,381 Ratings  ·  446 Reviews
Santa Mondega, une ville d'Amérique du Sud oubliée du reste du monde, où sommeillent de terribles secrets.
Un serial killer qui assassine ceux qui ont eu la malchance de lire un énigmatique livre sans nom. La seule victime encore vivante du tueur, qui, après cinq ans de coma, se réveille, amnésique. Deux flics très spéciaux, des barons du crime, des moines férus d'arts mart
Poche, 512 pages
Published June 1st 2011 by Le Livre de Poche (first published 2006)

Aleshanee
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, vampire
Um was gehts?

Ein Fremder kommt in eine Bar und bestellt einen Bourbon.
Zwei Mönche machen sich auf die Suche nach einem Stein.
Ein Detective wird zu übernatürlichen Ermittlungen wegen 5 brutalen Morden gerufen.
Eine Lady erwacht aus einem Albtraum, der sie schon seit Jahren verfolgt.
Und ein Barmann engagiert einen Killer namens Elvis.

Das alles spielt sich in dem Städtchen Santa Mondega ab - dem Schauplatz, dessen namenlose Ereignisse noch in die Geschichte eingehen werden ...

Meine Meinung

Haha! Man
Gina
Apr 10, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was great! I had spotted it on the shelf at the bookstore and thought it was intriguing how there was no title and no author's name. I read the synopsis in the back and though: "Go for it!" So I did, and I loved it. Kind of like a Dean Koontz meets John Carpenter. Terrific weirdness, gore and action kept me glued until the end. Twists and turns gallor, with it's only little mysteries and intrigues. Excellent!
Cazzie
Dec 27, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good, if strange and not-what-I-expected, book. Starts out in the style of a Western (a genre I despise), but for some reason kept me hooked until it morphed into a entertaining, complex crime/horror/mystery type tale.
Easy to read and very entertaining.
Kirsty
May 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When someone tells you not to do something, your rebellious side always makes you want to do it... right? So when I read the blurb on this book, which starts with "Whatever you do, don't read The Book With No Name", I had to read it.

The plot is a little out there... the author certainly has a vivid imagination. I'm not going to try to explain it, because it's too complicated, however I'll just say that it's a story of a stone called the 'Eye of the Moon' that is wanted by many of the characters
Marion Meert
Aug 15, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love Tarantino, Carpenter and Rodriguez' works of unconditionnal love! This book seemed like it could take over in the litterature area. Like everybody else, i was really intrigued by this anonymous author and thought it fitted perfectly for this kind of atmosphere.
After reading only 3 pages, i understood that this author wasn't inspired by these great movies and directors... worse! He (she?) only fished some items here and there, he recasted some characters (taking away what was really good),
Steven Scaffardi
Imagine a story about gangsters, Kung-Fu Monks, an Elvis-impersonating bounty hunter, and swarms of vampires all living in a world that is a cross between The Lost Boys and From Dusk Til Dawn (and not a Twilight reference in sight)! Do I really need to say anything else to get you excited?! Ok, I suppose I better had otherwise it would be a pretty pointless review...!

For the full review please check out my blog:
Maria Elmvang
I saw this book on Amazon during a random browsing, and was so completely intrigued by the premise that I just had to read it. Thankfully the library had it, so I didn't have to wait too long :)

I've heard it described as a Quentin Tarantino style book, and I would have to agree. There are a lot of similarities to "From Dusk Till Dawn", both in plot and in style which makes for a very fascinating page-turner. And don't be mislead - it's just as bloody (in less graphic detail, thankfully), so don'
Tonkica
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jedna kombinacija Tarantina, Rodrigeza, vampira, hektolitara krvi, pucnjave, maskiranja, gadnih neobrijanih tipova, grada bez zakona, barmena i alkohola u gadnim lokalima...
Ako vam se jedna stavka nije svidjela, preskočite knjigu. Ali ako vam ovakva kombinacija paše, onda moja preporuka! Palac gore za rasplet! :) Baš me zabavilo!
Filipa
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Caro leitor, apenas os puros de coração podem ler as páginas deste livro. Cada página que virar, cada capítulo que ler, levá-lo-á para mais perto do fim. Nem todos conseguirão terminar. A variedade de intrigas e de estilos poderá intrigar e confundir. E, enquanto procura a verdade, ela estará diante dos seus olhos. a escuridão virá, e com ela um grande mal. E aqueles que lerem o livro poderão não voltar a ver a luz. Anónimo"

Foi este o texto na contra-capa do livro que me levou a adquiri-lo. Sim
Claire
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. I stumbled on it after buying The Book of Lost Things on Amazon and this cropped up as recommended if I liked the other, so I bought it. If you read the reviews on Amazon you'll see repeated that it is about a book, and everyone who reads the book ends up dead. I have to say this isn't strictly true, that makes it sound like a Ring rip off and while yes that is part of it there is also a heck of a lot more going on. With every single chapter ending on a cliffhanger you'll find it ...more
Kat
Oct 16, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody!
The Book with no Name fails to live up to it's dubious hype. No wonder the author wants to remain anonymous - the writing is very poor, the plot is juvenile and half-baked and the characters are unconvincing. I like both plot-driven and character-driven books but this is neither it just stumbles around and disappoints at every turn. If only the minimal sex references and maybe some of the strong language had been removed TBWNN would have been an acceptable book for young teens (actually, it migh ...more
Rebiffé
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Whatever you do, don’t read the book with no name.” This is the first sentence of the back cover. This book is the perfect mix between a Tarantino’s movie and a Supernatural’s episode. If you wanted me to sum-up the story of “The Book with no name”, you will be disappointed. Nobody can sum-up a story like this one. Just imagine something with vampires, a precious stone called “The Moon-eye” that everyone searched, monks specialized in kung-fu, werewolves, a mysterious man who killed everybody a ...more
Martin Maher
"Whatever you do, don`t read the book with no name. An untitled book by an anonymous author brings death to anyone who reads it."- An interesting quote from the back cover that automatically captures your attention, leaving you wondering what the books about. It`s like when you are kids & your told not to do/touch something. You promise you won`t, but the next thing you know, you breaking your promise. THE BOOK WITH NO NAME is set in a city called San Mondega, which for all the world is like ...more
Mazel
May 21, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Vous désespériez de trouver un équivalent littéraire aux films de Quentin Tarantino, de John Carpenter, de Robert Rodriguez ? Lisez Le Livre sans nom. À vos risques et périls.

Santa Mondega, une ville d’Amérique du Sud oubliée du reste du monde, où sommeillent de terribles secrets…

Un mystérieux tueur en série, qui assassine ceux qui ont eu la malchance de lire un énigmatique ʺlivre sans nomʺ…
La seule victime encore vivante du tueur, qui, après cinq ans de coma, se réveille, amnésique…

Deux fli
Pamela Huxtable
If Quentin Tarentino and Joss Whedon had a love child, and this love child was a bit demented and maybe giggled maniacally in the corner while writing a book, The Book with No Name would be what that love child would write.

Violent and funny, with a hefty dose of vampires, The Book With No Name traces the path of a mysterious blue stone that has been stolen from the very odd Hubal monks. The stone bounces from one thief to another, wreaking havoc and attracting the attention of a notorious seria
Lucy Sheridan
Jan 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gets "only" four stars because I thought that sometimes the author had problems keeping up with the pace of his own story, for a few loose strands I'd have liked to see tied up and for the lack of female characters ;-) Apart from that, a very entertaining horror/fantasy novel with some really cool characters :-)
 Linda (Miss Greedybooks)
I read a page or two & realized - this is a book my husband would love. So, I read it to him. We laughed a lot, some hilarious characters. He would ask for "More Bourbon Kid, please". The back cover calls it: Tarantino meets the Da Vinci Code. "The Eye of the Moon" is book two and we will read that soon, have not gotten the third book yet.
Lisa
Sep 09, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2008
Whilst certainly not bad, this just wasn't very good. Very breathless and fast paced, although witty at times it felt a little rushed and in places as though it had been written by several different people (which it could well have been for all I know). A bit 'meh'.
Mark Hebwood
Well, this was certainly an odd book. Looking through the reviews of other readers, I think very few people would argue against this verdict. I just finished it and now need to decide whether I liked its oddity, or not. And to do that, first I need to understand why I thought it was odd.

Sure, the book is populated with characters which seem to have jumped straight out of a superhero comic. A bounty hunter with arms so muscular he cannot wear long-sleeved shirts. A hired killer who is an Elvis im
Natha
Umm, sudah pengen buku ini sejak lihat covernya di GoodReads, dan lebih kepingin lagi sejak melihat sinopsisnya di web yang sama. XD
Mendapatkan buku ini dengan harga yang 'lebih murah' saat Pesta Buku Jakarta lalu, dan memutuskan untuk membaca awal bulan Juli, walau kalau kubilang, cukup lama proses pembacaannya, tapi bukunya menarik di eksekusinya.

Apa ya, bisa dibilang separuh halaman pertama (lebih bahkan), terasa sangat membosankan. Perpindahan karakter hampir setiap bab, perubahan sikon dan
Gaby
Mar 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My dear god... I am so sorry if you actually like this book and find my review offensive. This was presented in an utterly gorgeous manner. I mean, come on. The Book With No Name by Anonymous? Must buy, right?

I tried. I really tried to like this. But in the end the only reason I have not thrown it into an open flame (I am in love with literature and can think of no greater sin than to deface a book) was that I found it useful as an example of how NOT to write.

The story is okay. Not brilliant, n
CA
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2013
La historia tiene muchos personajes, pero en general todos convergen en un punto que es la busqueda de una piedra preciosa llamada "el ojo de la luna" que se presume posee poderes sobrenaturales.

luego de 3 libros consecutivos que estuvieron bien pero que no fueron la gran cosa me llego este libro que logro mantenerme enganchada desde el principio.La historia tiene un buen ritmo ni muy lento ni muy rapido,tiene varios personajes pero en general son todos faciles de identificar y recordar.Solo me
Will
Jan 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
Picked this book up at the book store, went home and started reading while having some dinner. Ended up putting the book down at two in the morning... not because I was tired, I was finished. This book was fun and exciting, twist and turns, blood and gore... and oh so many people who die. Hope to find a book like this again soon.
Kenji
Aug 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this is a horror novel, but I was wrong. This is bloody horror comedy! If Quentine Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez found this book, they'll say "Holy shit! I want to make a movie!".

Carol
Dec 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants trashy brilliance
Loved it , it is weird , vampires killer monks what more could u ask for ,I read it in a day utterly addictive
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
VERY cool book, reads like a movie, loved it!
Moonyreaders
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha gustado bastante aunque exceso de tripas y sangre no sé porque está en el género de terror, no da miedo lo que si tiene es tal vez un poco de gore pero algo que de miedo no.
HurrikanKathrina
Sep 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Pulp Fiction fans; people that don't mind violence and swearing
Shelves: books-of-2016
8 out of 10
Genre: Horror/Crime, Black Comedy, Present-Day-Western (?)
Feels like: Quentin Terentino's and Joss Whedon's lovechild
Fav. Character: Most of the characters that are still alive at the end (not many)

Quote: "Whatever you do, don't read The Book With No Name"

Characters in this book be like

description

description

For all you Pulp Fiction lovers out there, for all the people who love a mix of splatter, gore and black humor, for all of you who are okay with language so dirty it's definitely not quotable on G
Jack
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I am all smiles, was having difficulty starting a new novel,every one I started just seemed slow or just not in the mood for a new world and all the character's that come with a trilogy or similar.
I was recommended the (Bourbon Kid) and from the first chapter to the last this was a very fun amusing and easy read, its kind of like taking a vacation to a small town full of interesting character's and getting to know their adventures, you have mystical artifact's Very colorful local's, vampires an
Shelby
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, this book was strange. Strange but pretty good. It was very different to anything I'd read before, and kept me hooked. I love the way how different chapters are portrayed by different characters, and then throughout the book everybody is connected with everyone else, one way or another. This was a 'muder mystery' style book, so it was about finding clues and making assumptions, which is always fun. But of course, I don't want to give too much away with who does what in the novel. It would sp ...more
Castle Dracula: Boubon Kid by Anonymus 2 8 Oct 05, 2016 02:17PM
Around the Year i...: The Book With No Name, by Anonymous 5 17 Aug 18, 2016 10:09PM
Goodreads Librari...: Adding the Series name to an other version of a book 7 27 Jun 06, 2013 03:14AM
Book giveaway on new one in the series 1 31 Jul 07, 2010 03:06AM
  • Demonkeeper (Demonkeeper, #1)
  • Le vaisseau magique (Les aventuriers de la mer, #1)
  • Le donjon rouge (Le trône de fer, #2)
  • By Reason of Insanity
  • Medusa
  • Blutportale
  • The Gallows Curse
  • The Library of Shadows
  • Blodspor i Transsylvanien (Freddy-serien #4)
  • The Leap
  • Ça - 1
  • Die Therapie
  • Nosferas (Die Erben der Nacht, #1)
  • Superstition
  • Le vide (Le vide, #1-2)
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...

Bourbon Kid (4 books)
  • The Eye of the Moon (Bourbon Kid, #2)
  • The Devil's Graveyard (Bourbon Kid, #3)
  • The Book of Death (Bourbon Kid, #4)