Start by marking “Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale (Volume 1)

Silverweed: A Supernatural Fairy Tale

(Supernatural Fairy Tales #1)

In this Little-Red-Riding-Hood-inspired paranormal fairy tale, the roles of prey and predator are blurred.

Seventeen-year-old Aiden Young travels to Indiana for his aunt's funeral, where his unfortunate mistake leads to the discovery of the family's supernatural secret. Before the weekend is over, he's trapped by a blizzard in his grandmother's spooky old house in the middl
Published August 13th 2018 by Pixie Punk Press (first published November 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Silverweed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silverweed

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of werewolf stories
Reviewed for Bitten by Books. Check http://bittenbybooks.com for a full review.
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Silverweed is a Little Red Riding Hood inspired fairy tale that has all sorts of twists & turns, yet it’s only 81 pages.

Aiden travels with his mother to his grandmothers house after the death of his aunt, only going with her to avoid a break up with his girlfriend Summer. Once they arrive, Aiden discovers how weird his Granny & cousin Diesel are. They believe in all sorts of superstitions, to the point Aiden thinks them both crazy.

When his baby brother & father come down with an illn
Exanimis
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Don't let the fact that this is based on Little Red Riding Hood keep you from reading this. I doubt you will see much of the original story in this other than chapter titles. The girl Scarlet,well, I just wanted to slap the crap out of her through most of the story, I think she was more monster than the werewolves. Very well written story.
Tammie
I love retelling of Red Riding Hood. I enjoyed this one, except for the fact that none of the characters were very likeable.
Larry Kollar
Sep 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Clever re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood. If you like your big bad wolves changing at the full moon, you might like this.
Greenfairylv
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: werewolves, ya, paranormal
Diesel, his girlfriend Scarlet, and his cousin Aiden are snowed in, trapped with a weregranny upstairs.
Great spin on Little Red Riding Hood. Would be completely terrifying having the big bad wolf trying to kill you from the inside out. The wolf is the beast trapped inside you once you have been bitten and the only hope you, and the people that surround you, of surviving is to try not to lose your mind to the beast. Silverweed is the only solution that has been found to help granny not lose hers
Bette
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Granny was bitten by a werewolf and so when the moon is full she turns. Diesel her grandson, has always lived with Granny and his mother Rose until Rose dies. Scarlet, his girlfriend wants to leave down and leave Diesel’s strange family behind.

When his Aunt Lucy and cousin Aiden come to Rose’s funeral Scarlett sees a way to leave Granny behind. Instead she turns the fairy tale to life.

Shapeshifting is becoming a well-written genre, and I found this an interesting adaptation of the fairy tale.
♥¸.•*´Tanya`*•.¸♥
I purchased this as an ebook from Amazon.

This is the second book in the Supernatural Fairy Tale Series written by Author Dorlana Vann.

A modern day retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. What happens when Teenager Aiden is left caring for his Grandmother and forgets to give her her nightly Silverweed Muffins, a night he'll never forget.

I quite enjoyed this story with it's changes. The main character is male and in his late teens no little girls in this story. The story is well written with action f
UniqueBookJunkie
Sep 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Ok let me first start off by saying I won this book from the Drawings here on GoodReads { First Reads } .. I was super excitied to win and was looking forward to starting the book as soon as I got it in the mail.. However the book was a little of a Let down.. I mean you kept guessing what was going to happen with Granny and wonder why these kids were the ones going through this stuff alone.. I was just thinking there would be a little more to it is all.. I mean it was good as far as just a quick ...more
Claire Blind Reader
I liked it. The characters were good and when there were conversations it was interesting and fairly realistic. I enjoyed those parts. The mystery and whatnot is a bit undone with the window into every characters head. It's not all that immature for a young adults book and the characters were well done. Over all pretty good.
Erika
Feb 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: like, kindle-loan
As a free book for Kindel, I did not expect it was so well written. But the idea of make a modern version from a traditional story like Little Red Riding Hood is bright and the result is pretty well made.

Perhaps the book lacked of a bit of surprise at the end and some depth to the characters but ultimately was pleasantly surprised.
Heather
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Not bad. It was a bit fast paced as far as getting to know the characters. I enjoyed it none the less.
Mary Elizabeth Szigeti
A good book to read.

I liked the twist in the book. I hope for another book. The ending isn't the end but left open for another book.
Loretta Wheeler
Jan 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A frightful little tale....as it should be:)
Pennie
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I haven't read many short stories so I don't have much in way of comparison but I will say that I enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more by Dorlana Vann.
Mai Keyes
Clever reinvention. Different. I love different.
Sheryl
Nov 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I am blown away by my friend Dorlana's ability to tell a good story. It's been awhile since I finished this one, so I can't really go into the details, but I enjoyed the read very much!
Day
Feb 05, 2013
Ciecie
Jul 22, 2011
Dorlana
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Julie Rogers
rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2014
Andrea Oakeson
Dec 17, 2010
Natalie
Apr 11, 2013

• Moonbeams  (Beams and Light, #1)
  • Flaming Dove
  • ShadowShifter: Book One (ShadowShifter Series 1)
  • Echo Falls (Echo Falls, #1)
  • Twilight Forever Rising
  • The Call (The Great North Woods Pack #2)
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • Dark World
  • King Solomon's Wives: Hunted
  • Dark Currents (Elementals, #1)
  • My Blood Runs Blue
  • Fungus of the Heart
  • Blood Roses (The Noctivagas Chronicle, #1)
  • Rex Rising (Elei's Chronicles, #1)
  • The Lost Mage (Masters of the Storm, #1)
  • Jaguar Sun (Jaguar Sun, #1)
  • The Blood Moon of Winter
  • Vengeance (The Blood Trail Chronicles, #1)
Dorlana Vann's inspirations are fairy tales, the supernatural, and classic romantic comedies. She enjoys taking elements from fairy tales (characters, mood, moral, plot) and mixing them with a paranormal element and then dropping them in a contemporary setting.

She lives in Texas (born and raised) with her husband and teen-aged son. Besides writing, life is all about family, food, book-club, BBQ te

Supernatural Fairy Tales (2 books)
  • The Princes of Tangleforest
“You not watching the road is making me a little jumpy.”
“No, I think city boy is scared of the woods.” She gave a quick laugh before saying, “Granny once told me she saw the devil out there. Pitchfork and all.”
“Well, if I was scared, that wouldn’t help.”
1 likes