Start by marking “All Together Singing in the Kitchen: Creative Ways to Make and Listen to Music as a Family” as Want to Read:

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Music is not only fun, but it's also the foolproof way to family harmony and connection—it can soothe a crying baby, engage an active toddler, entertain during long car rides, and help everyone get through daily chores.

In All Together Singing in the Kitchen you'll find all the tools you need for family music making—you don't need to know a thing about music to get star
Published September 13th 2011 by Roost Books

To ask other readers questions about All Together Singing in the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Together Singing in the Kitchen

The Library Lady
Jan 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: professional-use
This has some pretty good stuff in it and could be really useful. And since I drag MY kids into my work a lot, this may be the pot calling the kettle black. But:

There is too much here about the Nields kids, in particular about how musically advanced and talented they all are to the point of making me feel guilty that my kids don't play musical instruments!

If it does that to me, who pretty much sings for a living and has confidence in sharing music with kids, how is it going to affect less confi
Mommyhungry
Apr 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
While the emphasis of this book is best applied to younger children, I liked the idea of a family song canon, the section on practicing an instrument, and the general encouragement directed at parents who might not consider themselves musical. Still, I wish I'd read this 5+ years ago, when my kids were preschoolers; they just aren't as interested in making paper instruments and singing "Grand Ole Duke of York" as they once were.
Natalie Moreland
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Five stars for the book- it is attractive, user-friendly, and encouraging to people of all musical and non-musical backgrounds to make music with their children. The included CD was not as good of quality as I had expected, but I'm not entirely certain that wasn't sort of on purpose- the idea being that they didn't want to make it too perfect since the main point of their book was that anyone can make music with their family.
Heaether
Sep 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is an amazingly resourceful tool to use with your own children and or for use in baby/toddler story times. From singing, to incorporating musical instruments in to play, and games for many ages this book offers a lot of fun ideas for playing with children. It includes a multitude of songs to be sung a loud as well as games and movements to accompany them. This will be a must buy for our library, and I cannot wait to check it out to take home.
Rach
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the book yet, so this rating is just for the CD.
My two almost three year old loves it - she practically inhales the stereo getting up close so she can listen intently. The songs are folksy - some old trad Irish ones as well (I'm Irish) - some familiar, some not. I'd recommend it for the CD.
The intro to the book was a bit hokey - will update review once I've read it.
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: parenting
Didn't get enough time to delve into this book . . . so I think I'll just have to buy.
Love the idea of a family canon and ideas at the end of the book for celebrating the seasons & holidays with music.
Cool.
Susan Schuler
Sep 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I reread this book every year when I start to prep my baby and toddler programs. it has really helped me to become more musical. I highly recommend it
Jen
May 05, 2012
Susan
Apr 01, 2014
Nerissa Nields
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Aldene