Start by marking “A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)

A Week to Be Wicked

(Spindle Cove #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  18,940 Ratings  ·  1,644 Reviews
When a devilish lord and a bluestocking set off on the road to ruin... time is not on their side.

Minerva Highwood, one of Spindle Cove's confirmed spinsters, needs to be in Scotland.

Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, a rake of the first order, needs to be... anywhere but Spindle Cove.

These unlikely partners have one week to
• fake an elopement
• convince family and friends they
Mass Market Paperback, 356 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Avon

Catherine
*Originally read 3/24/12*

Do you remember Colin from my Tempting Teaser of A Night to Surrender? No? Well, let me refresh your memory. Colin is an unrepentant rake. He enjoys women and they enjoy him. He is arrogant and can come across as quite an ass. But what does he care? The women love him just as he loves them. He might have a tendency to make a mess of things but he always manages to put on a charming smile and turn the situation to his advantage.
”You have no compunction ruining your repu
Anne
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Jurassic Park
I'm not quite as in love with the Spindle Cove series as everyone else is, but this one was definitely one of my favorites! These two are just such a cute couple.
The smart, bookish girl and the rascally ladies man...what's not to love?

description

This was one of those books that scratched my need for a fun, humorous, lighthearted romance. I loved Payne's silliness, the way he made up crazy stories, and (of course) seeing him fall for Minerva and the huge fossilized lizard footprint she found.
This may be an
Shawna
5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Wow! What can I possibly say about this one to convey how absolutely wonderful it is? Talk about a charming, wickedly splendid read and a smashing good time! A Week to Be Wicked is one of the most engaging, refreshing, witty, banterific, and all around pleasing historical romances that I’ve read in quite a while and definitely so far this year.

Colin is a handsome, flirtatious, affable, generous, funny, sweet, and utterly lovable scoundrel whose tormented pa
Carmen
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Carmen by: Sam (AMNReader)
She couldn't 'heal' him. No woman could. Events that far in the past just couldn't be undone. But perhaps he didn't need a cure, but... a lens. Someone who accepted him for the imperfect person he was, and then helped him see the world clear. Like spectacles did for her.

It's amazing to me how Tessa Dare can just NAIL some things, and then wildly misstep on others. And the sex, don't get me started on the sex. Let's work on breaking this down.

PREMISE:

Dare creates the best set-ups. She really doe
Alp
May 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alp by: Jo
A Week to Be Wicked is a sweet, humorous, and entertaining historical romance story. I enjoyed reading Colin and Minerva’s journey to Edinburgh for the most part. There were many good and bad things happened along the way. Sometimes they made me laugh, but they got me frustrated the other times. The romance between them made my heart melt though, and seeing them finally could be happy together made me happy, too.

What worked for me :

1. It was an easy read. There was nothing particularly complex a
Warda
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-fell-in-love
I mean, I cannot give this book anything less than 5 stars. It’d be absurd and unfair, because the happiness I felt whilst reading it was unreal. It’s so worthy of 5 stars and more. My heart is glowing!

Now, I’m off to explore more of Tessa Dare’s books.
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: Susanne
5 “FOR-THE-LOVE-OF-TITS” STARS!!!!!!!!

I’m in love with this book!!!

photo tumblr_mje1sjIlMV1rkf2rso1_400_zps94ebb888.gif

I’m giggling like...a nerd!!!

Nerd Words Are Sexy!!!

And the way you pronounce all those polysyllabic words? Makes me rock hard, every time.

This book was MADE…FOR…ME. I’m a huge nerd, ladies. I’m obsessed with books (duh). I love math. I loved school and still love learning.

This book starts on page 1 and doesn’t stop until the last word. This story is full of adventure and imagination. It’s sexy, hilarious, and fast-paced. Ther
NMmomof4
4.25 Stars

Overall Opinion: I really enjoyed this! I think this author is definitely one of my favorites for her characters and witty banter in historical romances! If only she would have more closure and epilogues...🤷🏻♀ I would still highly recommend her works to anyone trying out the genre. I enjoy throwing in the occasional hr to mix things up with my contemporary romances, as to hopefully help prevent possible book funks. It was a lot of fun 🤗

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Minerva
Jilly
I'm a sucker for a charming rake. Here's what my "coming out" season would have been like:

1st night: "Oh look, there's Jilly in her pretty new dress...
Oh, the most notorious rake in town just made her laugh...
There she goes with him out on the veranda - without a chaperone...
Aaannd.. she's ruined.
I hope she enjoys living with her spinster aunt for the rest of her life."

Not only is Colin gorgeous and funny, but he also has a painful past that plagues him with nightmares. A bad-boy in pain? That's
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 Wickedly Feel Good Stars!

A Week to be Wicked is the second book in Tessa Dare’s thoroughly entertaining, completely brilliant Spindle Cove series. It’s funny, romantic, poignant, passionate, sexy, inspiring, clever, delightful… in a word – it’s wonderful!

The Series:

Not all young ladies are looking forward to seasons, balls, comings out, love matches - or any match at all, for that matter! But what’s a lady to do when her whole life will be defined by how well she marries? How do young misses c
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Fable

"When a girl trudged through the rain at midnight to knock at the Devil's door, the Devil should at least have the depravity - if not the decency - to answer."

Guys. Guuuuuys. I think I may be a romantic.

Yes there are parts completely unbelievable and twists rather roll-eyes worthy - of course. But you know what? That's okay, because what Min and Colin are offering us? That's a tale - a show of deception, the triumph of the lies - and that's hilarious.

Yes the plot is predictable and we run int
Aileene
So.

*wipes palms on skirts*

*rubs hands together*

So.
I have been curious about this genre. But I avoided it.
Why?
Well, just take a look at the covers of every historical romance books.
Not. Very. Appealing.
Yes, I'm not afraid to admit, that at times, I can be skin deep in choosing my books. I love a good cover. Esp if it catches my attention at first glance.

I also have this thinking that everything about this (genre) would be outdated. It's something similar to these:

Would you rather play this

whe
Jill
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it

For amateur geologist Minerva Highwood, her passion for science is equaled only by her love for her sisters. Fearing that Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne that lazy, aimless, dim-witted rake might have designs on her beautiful, sweet sister, Minerva proposes a plan to Colin whereby both of them will end up winners. And her sister will be safe from the clutches of an arranged Society marriage.

If Colin escorts her to Edinburgh, Scotland and helps with her presentation to the Royal Geological S
Susanne
Updated review after reread! Thanks Karen and Jennifer for reading it with me <3 <3

"A geology symposium." He flicked a glance at the journal. "This is the scandalous midnight proposal. The one you trudged through the cold, wet dark to make. You're inviting me to a geology symposium, if I leave your sister alone."

And so it starts, one of the sweetest romance of this year. Colin and Minerva is absolutely banterlicious!

"I think you've more than made up for lost time now. In fact, I'm certain
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

Tessa Dare, I needed this today.

After a string of mediocre/terrible books, this was like a beacon of light in the darkness.

After years of reading romance, this book, and the one before it (A Night to Surrender), might just have converted me to a die-hard historical romance fan. Honestly, this book was pretty much perfection.

I need to stop and give a HUGE shout out to Carolyn Morris, one of the most skilled female narrators around. She was spot on, and I mean FLAWLESS, in her narration of this
Floripiquita
Si ya el primero de esta saga me gustó, este me ha encantado. Su pareja protagonista es maravillosa y sus tiras y aflojas, tanto verbales como físicos, muy divertidos. Colin es un sinvergüenza de esos que nos enamoran y Minerva, una de esas protagonistas con gran personalidad que tanto nos gustan. Y aunque a veces las situaciones sean poco realistas, igual que el crudo lenguaje del protagonista, me da igual: he devorado este libro como si no hubiera un mañana y disfrutado como una enana. Lo reco ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
I liked this, it was cute it had some really funny moments, some great sexual tension at times and all and all it was fun. It did drag a bit towards the end and that is why I’m only giving it 3.5 stars instead of 4.0 to 4.5 I was really getting a little bored towards the end.

Minerva’s head is always stuck in a book, she practically lives in them. Her mother believes that there is no hope for Minerva. Queue the opening scene to Beauty and the Beast.
 photo ClickHandlerashx_zps5fbcc86a.gif

Diana and Charlotte will do well for themselve
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

❝For the love of tits!❞

I LOVED this book, the characters, the humor and witty dialogues!!! DELIGHTFUL!!!
Of course the romance was perfect, built from antagonism and lack of expectations, it made for an even better HEA.
A man might engage in flirtation with distinterest, even disdain. But he never teases without affection.

I loved how escorted by Colin, Minerva's journey became a total contradiction to her practical, sensible and logical manners.
Light, hilarious, smart and se
Ingie
Written February 14, 2015

4.8 Stars - All My Love: giggling fun, sweet touching, adventurous and narrated in the very best way

I used my monthly Audible audiobook coupon for this high raited historical a while ago. ...And it was so well worth every coin. ~ Eleven hours narrated by Carolyn Morris in a simply fantastic way. It's no time for any review writing today so I will do this very short. (LoL!! ...you know me.)
 photo image.jpg1_zpsyygzc2zf.jpg
Fantastic Funny, Romantic, Memorable, Adorable MC's, Great Narrator, The Best...

I
Emma Chase
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! It has everything I adore in a historical romance - witty dialogue, spirited, layered characters, sexy, sweet, meaningful love scenes!! Fabulous from page 1 until the end!!
Duchess Nicole
FIVE stars! Intense, funny, sensual, passionate, and flat out wonderful!! I can't get this book out of my head.

It's taken me a bit to write this review. I just couldn't come up with what I wanted to say. Often, if I hear that a book is funny, that's all it is in my little head. A funny book. This book was funny, but SO MUCH MORE! It's as if the humor just added to the intimacy between Minerva and Lord Payne...they built their relationship on mutual snarkiness and slow growing affection. They act
Jo
“Yes,” he whispered in her ear. “I will push you, pull you, rattle you as I see fit. Because you’ve a sparkling wit lurking beneath that dull exterior. Because you can sing, but you don’t. Because you’ve a fiery passion inside you, and it needs release. Because you can keep walking. You just need someone to push you over that next horizon.”

An absolutely delightful, hilarious, sexy and romantic book!!

Minerva is seen as unusual. She loves studying rocks, and lots of times, whether she is sit

KatLynne
I can't believe I've had this book loaded on my Kindle for months, and I'm just now reading it! A Week To Be Wicked is the second installment in Tessa Dare’s Spindle Cove series and it’s such a deliciously fun read!

Minerva Highwood is considered by many to be the most unlikely girl to find love and marriage. Even her own mother constantly berates her and continually chisels away at her self esteem with her harsh remarks. You see, Minerva is different. She’s a scientist; a geologist who spends h
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮ by: Jo
Dear Colin,

GET IN THE MAN-DUNGEON.

Get in there right now. And don't you come out. You keep those shackles on!

I think it's safe to say that Colin was my favorite part of this book. He's cheeky. He's broken. He's a scoundrel. He's a flirt and a tease. And an incredible liar - some of the tales he spun were truly inspired. But what I liked the most about him was the way he helped Min to overcome her shyness. His dialogue was positively swoon worthy.

Minerva was awesome too! She is a smart, independ
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Just delightful.
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
☆4.5 Stars☆

I think there are three words that describes this story:
Delightful, Adventurous and Surprising.

I was not expecting the story to be so adventurous. Usually with historicals you tend to know what will happen, but not with this one, there were enough twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat.

I loved Colin and Minerva. They are the cutest characters I've read in awhile. Their chemistry was perfect. I really liked how unusual the bespectacled Minerva was (I love intelligent her
Bubu
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hr, perfect, 5-stars
Suspend your disbelief, leave any attempt of realism outside and let yourself be sucked into the world of fairy tales. That's A Week to Be Wicked in a nutshell.

And, yet...isn't that why I fell in love with Romance books in the first place? Obviously, my tastes have changed over the years, but if I were to be asked which book comes closest to the fairy tales of my childhood, A Week to Be Wicked would be one of my choices.

I'm not a fan of road trip stories; there are usually too many sideshows g
Amy | Foxy Blogs
***4.75 Nerdy Girls Rule stars***

Minerva is a nerdy girl. She loves reading and science. She's the middle sister and her mom has given up hope of her ever landing a husband.

Colin is a shameless rake. He's riding out his time before he can access his money.

Minerva comes up with a plan that will benefit both of them. Her plan will take them on a week long trip. Along the way they encounter many obstacles.
THEY -
● act like Bonnie & Clyde
● stay in a place like the Playboy Mansion
● work like they
Cee (The Mistress Case)
Second Read: April 29, 2016

*swoon, swoon, and swoon*

"At least Sir Alisdair would remember my name."

"Perhaps." He closed the distance between them, standing no near his chest grazed her breasts. "But could he kiss so hard, you forget it?"

First Read: Feb 15, 2015

[Part 1] *will be spoiley*

There will come a moment in your life when a book is too scandalous for you to form intelligent words. Instead, mute screams will come forth from your mouth and depict you as a gaping fish.

It appears A Week to B
Q&A with Tessa Dare: A Week To Be Wicked Discussion Thread 18 77 May 24, 2013 09:10AM
Q&A with Tessa Dare: Francine! 6 39 Aug 23, 2012 12:58AM
Fans of Eloisa Ja...: Congratulations to Tessa Dare! 3 33 Apr 07, 2012 06:58PM
  • Unraveled (Turner, #3)
  • What I Did For a Duke (Pennyroyal Green, #5)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Scandal Wears Satin (The Dressmakers, #2)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • The Runaway Countess (Nottinghamshire, #1)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • The Duke's Tattoo: A Regency Romance of Love and Revenge, Though Not in That Order (Horsemen of the Apocalypse , #1)
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen

Spindle Cove (5 books)
  • A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove, #1)
  • A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3)
  • Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
“Oh no. Oh God. I couldn't possibly be so stupid."

"Don't limit yourself. You can be anything you wish.”
196 likes