Start by marking “Legacy (Event Group Thriller #6)” as Want to Read:
Legacy (Event Group Thriller #6)

Legacy

(Event Group Thriller #6)

The New York Times bestselling author of Leviathan and Primeval is back at full throttle with an adrenaline-pumping addition to the Event Group Thriller Series.

The United States is ready to make a triumphant return to the moon, striking out boldly into the solar system in an attempt to regain the confidence of the heady days of the Apollo program. The first of what are to be many mi
Published August 16th 2011 by Thomas Dunne Books (first published July 19th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Legacy, please sign up.
Mary Go for it. The events in this book tie into book one but books 2 thru 5 really don't add anything

Start your review of Legacy (Event Group Thriller #6)
Steve
Aug 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Quite possibly the best book I have read so far this year. A killer read! Just amazing!!!

Even if you have not read the earlier Event Group book, you have to check this one out. I have enjoyed every book in the series. But this one is a monumental work of fiction.
Jonathan Wilson
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, it is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It just keeps getting better and boarder in scope. Best book in the series so far.
Lori L (She Treads Softly)
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Legacy is the sixth novel in David L. Golemon's popular Event Group series. In this novel, as in his others, there is a whole lot going on at the beginning that will all be tied together in the end. Legacy is really a sequel to the first Events Group novel, Event, and there will certainly be a third in this story arc. The description will give you an idea of the direction of the story.

I was anticipating reading this novel, and, while it certainly is action-packed, in some ways all th
Dee Haddrill
Originally read 16/10/2011. Listened via Audible 14/04/2015 (listening made the ending even more emotional for me. I cannot say how much I love this series!)

Another excellent installment in the Event Group series. This time, the alien threat is back and it's up to the Event Group to save the planet again!! The story is always action-packed and fast-paced, but the best part for me is the interaction between the characters. The banter is funny and you can see that the characters genuin
Phyllis
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I have read all of the series and this is one of the best. Once again I was almost in tears. I cried when I thought Jack died and in this one I cried when I thought Will was going to die. Can't wait for the next. This is a Must read series.
Charis Wilson
I enjoyed this one, interesting premise once I got over the unlikely bit about the guy surviving WWII and living that long, but it didn't grab me enough to run out and get more by this author or to read the rest in the series.
Mailmanr5
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the premise of humans being around a long, long time. Just suspend reality for a while & enjoy this adventure. After all-it IS fiction.
Tom Mahan
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oh boy, I had such high hopes for this one. The premise of the story was gangbusters. An unmanned expedition to the moon uncovers ancient human remains! What a fantastic start, you can imagine all the plot lines from there. Unfortunately the book descends into the usual pulp props, starting of course with NAZIS, I can just see everyone from the authors agent to his editor saying you have to have nazis in there somehow, just make it work. Try tying human remains hundreds of thousands of years ol ...more
Charlie Moses
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Non-stop action? check. Suspense galore? check. Nazi plots? check. Improbable science? check. Murderous plotters? check. super-fuel rocks from the moon? check. Evil televangelists? check. Plus trips to the moon, and a whole lot of other improbable stuff. This is Golemon's stock in trade. And while it's thriller schlock, his characters are a couple of steps better than the cardboard characters you'll find in some other thriller series.
Mark Garn
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mr. Golemon never fails to deliver a fast paced thriller filled with likeable good guys, and bad guys who get what they deserve. The science is current and completely believable, and the action is over the top. I have all his books on my kindle, I read a couple books, then reward myself with one of his wonderful stories. I think the next one is "Ripper", I'm already tingling!
Bobbie
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I seem to keep saying the same thing, this author is really good at getting your attention and keeping it throughout his book. Must read for anyone who likes authors like James Patterson, Preston/Child and Clive Cussler. Great work, different twist.
Anjela Hendrickson
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun as always
Gary S
Nov 19, 2018 rated it liked it
loved the book...for me a bit to wordy
Cynthia
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one HECK of a great story! I haven’t enjoyed a book quite this much in a while! Highly recommended 😎👍🏼
Michael Kott
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
Non stop action but ... There's a thing as too much. Review to come.
Pat Pierce
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
OK for entertainment, horrible for science.

I see so many 5 star reviews for this book, and I can only guess that a) the publisher, author, and friends are seeding the reviews, or b) the fans of this author don't know much or care much about science.

I had fun reading it, but kept choking on the "science" fiction I was being asked to swallow.

For example, on the trip to the moon, the US spacecraft is described as moving at 34,000 miles per hour, and described as
Daniel Rudge
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yet another strong mix of action, adventure and (I hate to use the term) soft core science fiction in the Event group series. While the characters remain underdeveloped they are consistent with the rest of their characters in other books of the series. What makes Legacy so appealing is the premise, the skeletal remains of an astronaut found via video feed from automated rovers on the Moon's surface. While searching near the astronaut an unknown mineral is found and is remotely tested by one of t ...more
Carol
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
A slow start, but as with all of these Event Group thrillers, if you just hang in there the tension ramps up several notches and gallops to the finish. Good fun.
Terry
May 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
A ludicrous premise (700 million year window) that required a sustained suspension of belief. I read the entire book but...I just can't buy an underground martian base surviving the break up of the ancient super continent and the ensuing tectonic and volcanic upheavals, not to mention the incredible length of time involved and just plain erosion. It's an interesting idea but deifies credibility. A few aeons; even 4 or 5 millennium might be believable but not this preposterous period of time. Thi ...more
Royce Sears
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Legacy Event Group Thriller #6 by David L. Golemon is a really good read for anyone who enjoys government conspiracy theories and ancient alien theories. Golemon creates a rich and exciting world that spans across eons of time as it explains the secrets of Mars, Earth, and the forgotten history of mankind.

While Legacy is admittedly the first book in Golemon's series I have read, (it looked interesting on the public library shelf) I plan to read the rest of them in the near future. Golemon's voi
Victoria
The sixth installment in the Event Group series is a solid one - thrilling, and feels almost like a direct sequel to the very first book in the series,Event. The plot, unfortunately, takes some rather predictable turns. A part of my disappointment, however, is most likely due to Henri’s absence. He really is my very favorite character in the entire serie ...more
Al
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook-done
A robotic moon rover unexpectedly discovers what appears to be a human skeleton in an unfamiliar space suit half buried inside a large crater. Signs point to the probability that the remains are about 700 million years old. That idea hooked me. The news of that discovery sparks a 4 way space between the US, Russian, European Union and Chinese space agencies to be the first to recover the artifacts and, more importantly, any advanced technology. With episodes in the time of the ancient astronauts ...more
Commentary
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I have read almost all of Event Group books. I just really struggled with this one. The constant hopping back and forth between two separate adventures was just too much. I felt like I was constantly being yanked out of a scene. It was also pretty predictable. Every time the author tantalized us with a "clue" about what was coming it was just so easy to predict it was annoying. I hate those kind of "teases" where the author clearly knows something that the characters don't. I will probably get m ...more
Randy Evans
Apr 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great. By far I think the best one in this series so far. It kinda ties the first book (Event) with the last book (Overlord) at least from what I read about the other books so far, so make sure you read the whole series in order. It took me five days to read this book but it had nothing to do with the book. If I could of I would have read it without breaks because there is no place in the book where you really want to put it down but life kept interfering, (I hate that when that ha ...more
Patrick Nichol
Sep 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
So we really aren't alone.
Legacy, the latest in David L. Goleman's popular Event Group series, is a fast-paced adventure about proof of civilization 700 million years ago. The Event Group, an X-Files-like government agency, is tasked with finding out how the skeletal remains of an astronaut are on the moon, and what dangerous consequences there are for the Earth.
A mission to the moon is ordered, and the clock is ticking toward a horrible confrontation in space.
People who love t
Steve Schlutow
I enjoyed this book.. I hope Golemon continues this story in a future book.. I did think to book kind dragged a bit in the middle though it made up for it in the end..

I have only read a few of his books, the three I have read--Event, Legend, Legacy--Legacy by far is my favorite..

I would recommend this book to anybody who like Cussler, Rollins, Reilly, McDermott, or Robinson to name a few.. This storyline might be further out there than the preceding authors (dealing with aliens), bu
Michael
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
A gripping story that shows what can result from taking the doomsday decision, and the ruthlessness of those that stray from faith into insanity. A surprise that rewards the reader after a rollercoaster of fantastic and violent twists and turns, and sets up what could be a really interesting follow up. Can't wait to see what comes next. Without doubt the best of them since the first offering. Worth the time for sure.
Stephen
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well, I think this may be the best book in the series so far. While I have loved the other ones up to this point, I found Legacy to be a truly guilty pleasure. As usual Golemon takes a tried and true theory and upends it. This time he hits the "Ancient Astronaut Theory" and makes it his own. He literally owns the plot, the theory, the story. From the Nazi alien conspiracy theory to modern aliens, this book runs all over the world and to the moon.
Ron
David Golemon takes the Event Group on an adventure that involves ancient astronauts, Nazis in South America, religious fanatics (or at least people good at stirring them up for their own wicked purposes) and some very nasty robots out to destroy humanity. The ending is interesting with links back to the first book in the series. Ride along on this thrill ride. Just be sure to leave your sanity behind. You will not need it.
Timothy Vogel
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Oh Yeah!! This series really picked up its legs and started running. The characters are as cool as ever, and who can't resist a space adventure (on multiple fronts), an extinct culture, underground excavations, and remnants of the Nazi war effort?

This is the best of the series (so far), and I'm eagerly awaiting the continuation of the ongoing story.

• Pulse (Chess Team Adventure, #1)
  • Threshold (Chess Team Adventure, #3)
  • Savage (Chess Team Adventure, #6)
  • Instinct (Chess Team Adventure, #2)
  • Dark Rising (Alex Hunter, #2)
  • Island 731
  • Return to the Lost World (Primordia #2)
  • In Search of the Lost World (Primordia #1)
  • Cannibal (Chess Team Adventure, #7)
  • Deep Silence (Joe Ledger #10)
  • Crucible (Sigma Force, #14)
  • This Green Hell (Alex Hunter, #3)
  • Beneath the Dark Ice (Alex Hunter, #1)
  • The Three Secret Cities (Jack West Jr #5)
  • Space Force
  • Primordia 3: The Lost World—Re-Evolution
  • The Third Gate (Jeremy Logan, #3)
  • The Cult of Osiris (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #5)
David L. Golemon (a.k.a. David Lynn Golemon) is the author of the Event Group Thrillers, including Event, Ancients, Leviathan and Primeval. Legend, the second book in the series, was nominated for a RITA award for paranormal fiction. Golemon learned an early love of reading from his father, who told him that the written word, unlike other forms, allows readers to use their own minds, the greatest ...more

Event Group Thriller (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Event (Event Group Thriller #1)
  • Legend (Event Group Thriller #2)
  • Ancients (Event Group Thriller #3)
  • Leviathan (Event Group Thriller #4)
  • Primeval (Event Group Thriller #5)
  • Ripper (Event Group Thriller #7)
  • Carpathian (Event Group Thriller #8)
  • Overlord (Event Group Thriller #9)
  • The Mountain (Event Group Thriller #10)
  • The Traveler (Event Group Thriller #11)