Start by marking “First Contact (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Contact (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #1)

First Contact (Digital Science Fiction Anthology #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
First Contact includes 10 first-time-published science fiction short stories by:

- Ian Creasey - How I Lost Eleven Stone and Found Love
- Edward J. Knight - Roanoke Nevada
- Jessi Rita Hoffman - Nectar of the Gods
- Kenneth Schneyer - The Tortoise Parliam
Published June 5th 2011 by Digital Science Fiction

To ask other readers questions about First Contact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Contact

Bryce Wilson
Very disappointed.

While the stories were ok, nothing fantastic, not one had anything to do with first contact. I would not have wasted my money on it had I known the true contents. The title was purposefully misleading.
Francesco
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mi aspettavo qualcosina di più originale, ma non posso dire di essere rimasto deluso da questa antologia fantascientifica.
Laurie
May 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I don't care for short stories but this was a free kindle book so i tried it out. a few of the stories were quite good and some weren't or maybe I just didn't "get" them.
Jim Kratzok
Nice collection

This was a fine selection of stories. Quite enjoyable. Although nothing stands out in my mind as exceptional, overall they were well worth reading.
Josh
Jan 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First Contact is a compilation of short science fiction stories, the authors of which were the winners of the first Digital Science Fiction writing contest. The works of ten authors are included in this compilation:

• Ian Creasey
• Jessi Rita Hoffman
• Kenneth Schneyer
• David Tallerman
• Curtis James McConnell

Digital Science Fiction uses a fairly loose definition of science fiction to guide the writers towards the en
John
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Maybe 2.5 stars. I got this free from my Amazon Prime lending library, and it was an enjoyable collection of short stories. Overall, I found the story topics and treatment surpassed my expectations from the title; it wasn't 10 different Star Trek-like explorations of strange new worlds, but a varied rethinking of the ideas of contact, in a variety of sci-fi and fantasy settings. Honestly, I probably wouldn't pay for it, but I'll definitely look at any of the other anthologies that I can snag fr
Gilbert Baron
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great science fiction stories

This book I had a long time before I got to it. I wish there were more like it. Black Sun was the only one that seemed to drag but maybe others would like it. It is really great to have this type of volume that you can read continuously or one at a time. It is well worth the price.of $4.99
Pruitt
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
These Science Fiction anthologies from Digital Science Fiction are rapidly becoming a favorite of mine. This is the first one I read, and have since read a second, and both have had some really good stories in them. I highly recommend these to anyone who enjoys good speculative fiction.
Paul
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great first start can't wait to read more!
David Richardson
Like any collection, some were outstanding, some were good, and a couple not-so-hot-so. Overall worth your time if you are a science fiction fan.
Colin Jackson
May 19, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
A number of good Sci-Fi short stories here. I particularly liked "Pop Quiz" by Curtis James McConnell - the punch line is worth the read.
Ronald Turner
Stories cropped short.

The stories ere well written, engaging, but just as I was starting to identify with characters, the stories ended. These would do well with a longer length.
Terry
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Combined the review of this with "Hooey"" of Digital Science Fiction Anthology.
Steven Piet
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice stories

Someday I will right stories as s retraining as these. Nice endings that I could savor. Different from the classic human - alien plots.
Juan J Gutierrez
Dec 11, 2017
Julia Bond
May 27, 2017
Lynnet
rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2016
Apr 29, 2014
Cris Seybold
Oct 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine separate entries for the same book? 2 199 Jan 22, 2018 07:04PM

Digital Science Fiction Anthology (4 books)
  • Therefore I Am (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #2)
  • Pressure Suite (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #3)
  • Heir Apparent (Digital Science Fiction Anthology, #4)
“His voice seems to resonate from everywhere.” 0 likes