Start by marking “Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #4)

Fade

(In the Company of Shadows #4)

In the Company of Shadows series description:

Years after the bombs of WWIII have changed the physical and political landscape, the Agency ruthlessly works behind the scenes to take down rebel groups that threaten the current government. Their goals justify all means. Hsin Liu Vega (Sin) is their most efficient and deadly assassin ever. However, he tends to go off on unauth
Published March 2nd 2013 by Santino Hassell & Ais (first published April 2nd 2011)

Start your review of Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #4)
Susan
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

photo 0cb2ef8b-33e0-42d2-b34a-7c9c93ceae31_zpsce3d55ab.jpg

AMENDED & FINAL REVIEW:

Additional thoughts Ch 37 - 42 + epilogue (March 2, 2013)

Good LORD! That is some FANTASTICALLY BRILLIANT stuff!!!!!

"How can they possibly wrap everything up?" "How will it end?" "What happens to...?" GAHHHHH!!!!! The last few chapters were so, so, so GOOD! I can't even...I just...I...I...GAHHHHH!!!! For fans new and old to this series, Sonny & Ais did SO RIGHT by us in how they wrapped this all up.

"Fade" is the BEST book of the series, and "In the Company of
Wendy
I know many are removing their ratings and reviews of all the books they have read, written by Santino Hassell, in light of his despicable behavior. I have deleted my ratings from all Santino books I have read, because I too am shocked and appalled!!! I won't do it with the ICOS series though. I am gonna be honest here and say, that this series is one of the best I have ever read, and I am sure Ais played a big part in my enjoyment. As far as I know, Ais had nothing to do with all that has happe ...more
Deborah
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’ve just read this for the second time and if anything I enjoyed it even more this time. This book is incredible, it has everything including humour for which I have to thank Emilio.

Original review.

Absolutely amazingly brilliant.

I read a lot of books and I've been fortunate enough read some really great ones plus a lot of not-so-great ones as well but this has to be without a doubt the best, most addictive and compulsive series I've ever read.
It's amazing and the fact that I've 5 starred every
Jenn
The best in the series, and the most disturbing, heartbreaking, pull your hair out, weep in agony and joy, God please let me not love & worry about all of these characters, fuck it I'm losing sleep again book...ever.

You can argue till the death about these characters, and I really feel no one is wrong. Why? Because they are so realistically written. They aren't pretty, they will piss you off, they will make you cry, and all along you just want something wonderful to happen...and then, it does.
Ms. Smartarse
After the rather ominous ending of the prequel, I felt ready to jump into Boyd's lengthy undercover mission, and yearn alongside him for the much anticipated reunion with Hsin... but the authors had a completely different idea about that. They skipped right through those particular horrors, and straight into the utter despair of a changed home life.

When I say that a book made me cry, I normally think of a few sniffles I let loose at the end, generally at the expense of children or animals suffer
It's just me Shelly B
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: badass-assassin
I'm so sad because I never wanted this to end I could read about these characters forever!!! I am in LOVE with series and I can't believe it's OVER!!!

I just cant believe it's over......CONSUMED these books consumed ME!! Im guessing here, on the length of this series, but 4000+ pages and I'm pissed because I can't wake up tomorrow and read MORE!! This should never end.....yes I'm a greedy bitch and I don't CARE!!

Hsin "Sin"
Oh my sweet psychotic Hsin.....you stole my heart!!! I will never forg
Shelley

I wish I would've met you
Now it's a little late
What you could've taught me
I could've saved some face

They think that your early ending
Was all wrong
For the most part, they're right
But look how they all got strong

That's why I say
What a good shot man

A man has gun
Hey man, have fun
Nice shot

Now that the smoke's gone
And the air is all clear
Those who were right there
Got a new kind of fear

You'd fight and you were right
But they were just
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

"A dismal end to lives forever cast in shadow."

If I could use only one word to describe ‘Fade’ that word would be PAIN.

‘Fade’ ripped me apart, had me ugly crying regularly, so much so that I had puffy eyes for about two days straight which led to people constantly asking me if I was okay. It necessitated the very first ‘Irish ICoS Support Group’ being set up and it basically took over my life completely for 9 days.

So yeah pain. But it was a beautiful kind of pain.

This series was a fabulous ex
Dia
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mm book lovers and love lovers :)
Recommended to Dia by: I~❤️~Books
BIGGEST 5 STARS IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE for this REMARKABLE, PHENOMENAL, ASTONISHING, WONDERFUL, AWESOME BOOK that is Fade

ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS!!!

Question: How can you describe THE BEST BOOK you've read so far? How can you describe the last book in the most AMAZING series in the world? And I am talking here about a series that kept me up for so many nights and consumed me so much!!!

Answer: You just can't find the perfect words! Stop trying to... There are no words to do it justice... unf
SueC
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know that terrible sinking feeling you get when you realize that the alternate universe you've been living in (and loving) has just finished? Yep, I'm feeling it post Fade... but it's completely worth it.

Here's the thing with 'In the Company of Shadows': it's long. It's so long that there were times when I rolled my eyes and felt like all the teeny tiny details were completely unnecessary... BUT they weren't. The details and inner ramblings served their purpose in helping us love and underst
Cristopher
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-books
All of those stars in the sky. All of those.

I can't believe its the end.

I'm a little mess here. I didn't want it to end. And I fucking hate it when it's time to finally say goodbye. It's just a bit heavy in the chest you know? Being attached, protective, caring and in love with the characters and all that shit. And yet.. At the end of it all, you still have to say bye. Sigh.

Sorry, I'm pathetic I know, it's embarrassing. But whatever. ='(

***

How do you describe a book this good? I can't think of a
Virginia Cavanillas
Rating removed because of this:

Ais you rock!

Original review:

I've been so immersed in this epic story, so... living their lives in this futuristic post apocalyptic reality that now that it has ended, I feel empty. With that distressful feeling you have every time you end something you know you won't forget. Characters that keep coming to your mind, unforgettable quotes burning your brain and so many feels all around...*sighs loudly while trying not to cry*

B
Steph
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is completely devastating. It’s incredibly written as always, but it will tear you apart inside. For about the first 30%, I was very confused and was struggling to understand just what the hell had happened in the year that Boyd was away.
Sin and Boyd had been so happy together but it seemed that this mission would finally be the last straw, the one thing that would have torn them apart, for good!

I have enjoyed this series more than I could have ever hoped, but I have to be honest,
Mel
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
*sniffle*

I just finished. Ugh, my mind is spinning with a wide variety of thoughts and feelings. And bittersweetness prevails.
I can't believe this is the end. I can't believe this journey is over. But there it was, written in black and white italics: 'The End of In the Company of Shadows'.

*sniffle*

With the last book of the series, it's really inevitable not to incorporate the series as a whole in the rating. And that general evaluation would lead to 5 stars. Which is weird, since I didn't act
Eva
I NEED MORE STARS!

Fade is absolutely the BEST book of the series!
And one of the BEST books I have ever read!

Everything was perfect: the plot, the main characters and the side characters…

I completely fell in love with them over and over again.

Hsin

Boyd

(view spoiler)

The book was a complete roller-coaster. I felt...

Pain...

Hopelessness...

(view spoiler)
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

”Lately it felt like every truth he ever thought he knew kept turning out to be a lie.”

What we want or need to believe and what’s true often get so twisted up and turned around. But Fade takes it to a whole new level. The intensity level is turned way up for the last installment of the In the Company of Shadows series. Despair, longing, action, humor, and suspense bring Fade to life in vivid pain and passion. The twists & turns, shocks, and connections will keep you on the ed
Simone
Rating removed!

M.I.N.D.-B.L.O.W.I.N.G.

This...

Boyd didn't protest when their fingers locked, and Sin tugged him out of the room. They disappeared into the shadows, walking away from the unceasing narration that droned during the program, and away from the journalists who had helped them to finish it all.
Soon, their boots were crunching on the snow outside. Soon, breath ghosted out into the cold air, and Sin led Boyd away from the property.

Their hands clasped again, and this time neither let g
Dani
Goddamn it with this series. It's managed to completely destroy me and reduce me to a barely functioning human being. I'm pretty sure everyone's mad at me for completely ignoring them these past few days. I couldn't put it down. I was up till 2 am reading it. Until my eyes were so tired that I couldn't read the next paragraph.

I can't believe it's finished! I'm in shock with everything that happened. I don't even know if I'm in the best state of mind to write a review. Everything is too fresh and
Lenore
ICoS is finished. It feels like the end of an era.

Fade is the epilogue to a rollercoaster of a journey I'll never forget. Sin and Boyd will stay with me forever.
Christelle
5++ stars for the whole series : the word « epic » is often used in the reviews, well it’s well earned.

When I jumped from “The Interludes” to “Fade”, I was wondering what was going to happen. Well, I didn’t have to wait for long : it started right away.
And once again : the despair, the anguish, the longing, the questioning…oh my, and the hotness !!
I’ve been binge-reading this last part because I just had to !!!

This series is fascinating, insane, addictive, painful, heartbreaking. But oh, so muc
Ariana
5 +++ stars

Two cases of wine, 3 boxes of tissues, 4 ruined fingernails, 5 bars of chocolate, 20 days, about 32 breathless ‘I can't believe it’, multiple (usually horrified) Oh No!s, and uncountable, emotionally-laden OMGs later ….. I’m finished with the series. (Oh, and there may have been the odd Wtf on the way, too.)

And what a read it’s been! Incredible. Fabulous. Spectacular. Consuming. Heart-wrenching. Oh so heart-wrenching. Poignant. Touching. Agonizing. Excruciating. Overwhelming. Steamy a
Karen Wellsbury
When I read the last page of Fade, I felt abandoned.
I started reading ICoS on my holiday, and so for the last 5 months it's been part of my reading life, I have questioned some of the twists and turns of the plot, loved and hated various characters and constantly rooted for a properly happy ending..and now its finished ?

To use the word epic is an understatement, this is story telling on a massive scale, over 5000 pages, 5 (or 4 volumes depending on which version you read), excluding 1/27. But it
Dreamer
A roller-coaster ride of angst and adventure, just breaks your heart! Just loved this book, the best written so far. Completed at last, congrats to Sonny and Ais on a brilliant ending..

"The top of (Boyd's) head pressed against the wall and he was sobbing; a wretched mess in the middle of chaos and it hurt, it hurt so much."
Karen
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read
Where to begin? That's a hell of a question when pondering this series. From start to finish I was drawn in, compelled to keep reading even when I felt like taking a break and reading something else, even just a short story before continuing on. There was always a nagging voice in the back of my brain saying 'no' so I kept reading.

The scariest part of this series was the setting. Set in a world that is post World War III. We are presented with a future that holds very real possibilities, very be
Susan
Jan 17, 2014 added it
Shelves: mm, smoking-hot
I'm removing my rating, but not my review. I still love this series, even though I most definitely do not condone what SH has done.

-------------------------------------------

Major book hangover now....
I feel so sad that I won't be able to read more about Sin and Boyd. That I won't be able to enjoy all of the other characters. Now I actually have to come face with the fact that I do not work for the Agency, that I am not an assassin and I do not live in a world where Sin, Boyd, Emilio, Carhart a
Abigail
Boyd comes back from his long valentine mission. But something is amiss. Something big. Something important. He must find a way to live without him, but he doesn't think he needs to... He still has hope.

An absolute work of art.
The depth to the characters, even the ones who don't have a big role is tremendous, I feel like I know all the characters in and out. There is a lot of heartbreak in this novel, so heed my forewarning, and fortify your heart!

Fade has to be the best book in the series, the
Bárbara
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a mess.
This was everything I wanted and more.
I just- I'm speechless. I can't even write a proper review. I had planned out this specific idea of what my review would look like, but I just can't. I don't think anything I can say will every do this book any justice. I LOVED IT.
I can't even bring myself to be annoyed enough by the relationship between Carhart and Emilio (which I had *issues* with,you'll understand if you know who to ask). I can't even bring myself to take away one star due t
Taylor
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What an ending! It was every bit as climatic as it should have been for a series of this length. Fade grabs you from the first page and doesn't let go until you've choked up every last tear. It's impossible to really get into specifics without spoiling, but suffice it to say, if you've come this far you will not be disappointed.

ETA: (view spoiler)
Elsbeth

*rating removed

In order to support the victims of the despicable behavior of Santino, I will remove the rating but my review stands cause I just can't...... I'm so mad that my beloved Sin & Boyd are now ruined by Santino.

**********************************************

I can't believe this is the end. I can't believe this journey is over. But there it was, written in black :'The End of In the Company of Shadows'.

This book had me crying, pulling my hair out from frustration, having severe heart att
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
searches 2 25 Jan 08, 2015 11:35AM
trying to find this book 2 67 Mar 02, 2013 12:04PM
Fade 1 - 11 12 73 Jun 20, 2011 04:40PM
Fade 1-9 31 77 Jun 20, 2011 08:25AM

• Call the Coroner (Staniel, #1)
  • Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
  • Fallocaust (Fallocaust, #1)
  • King of the Dark (The Prince's Assassin #1)
  • Bloodraven (Bloodraven, #1)
  • The Lightning-Struck Heart (Tales From Verania, #1)
  • The Student Prince (The Student Prince, #1)
  • Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone #1)
  • Hell & High Water (THIRDS #1)
  • Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)
  • Sire (Beautiful Monsters, #2)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 2  (Fallocaust, #3)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 1 (Fallocaust, #2)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
Hey! I write LGBTQIA+, usually with a twist. My solo works are mostly fantasy, sci-fi, supernatural, or similar. Currently working on Wildwood Rising, a long LGBTQIA+ fantasy series; first book written/being edited: Incarnations.

Helpful links? Helpful links!
-My masterlist of original writing: http://aisylum.com/writing-masterlist/
-Some of my favorite solo stories: https://archiveofourown.org/user

In the Company of Shadows (4 books)
  • Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1)
  • Afterimage (In the Company of Shadows, #2)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)

News & Interviews

“I love you, Hsin," he said hoarsely. "I missed you so much."
"I love you, too." Sin's voice was still thick and husky. "I came back for you. Because I wanted to find you, because I wanted to remember you.”
39 likes