Start by marking “Fade (In The Company of Shadows, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fade (In The Company of Shadows, #4)

Fade (In the Company of Shadows #4)

4.61  ·  Rating details ·  2,533 Ratings  ·  350 Reviews
In the Company of Shadows series description:

Years after the bombs of WWIII have changed the physical and political landscape, the Agency ruthlessly works behind the scenes to take down rebel groups that threaten the current government. Their goals justify all means. Hsin Liu Vega (Sin) is their most efficient and deadly assassin ever. However, he tends to go off on unauth
Published March 2nd 2013 by Santino Hassell & Ais (first published April 2nd 2011)

Susan
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

photo 0cb2ef8b-33e0-42d2-b34a-7c9c93ceae31_zpsce3d55ab.jpg

AMENDED & FINAL REVIEW:

Additional thoughts Ch 37 - 42 + epilogue (March 2, 2013)

Good LORD! That is some FANTASTICALLY BRILLIANT stuff!!!!!

"How can they possibly wrap everything up?" "How will it end?" "What happens to...?" GAHHHHH!!!!! The last few chapters were so, so, so GOOD! I can't even...I just...I...I...GAHHHHH!!!! For fans new and old to this series, Sonny & Ais did SO RIGHT by us in how they wrapped this all up.

"Fade" is the BEST book of the series, and "In the Company of
Jenn
The best in the series, and the most disturbing, heartbreaking, pull your hair out, weep in agony and joy, God please let me not love & worry about all of these characters, fuck it I'm losing sleep again book...ever.

You can argue till the death about these characters, and I really feel no one is wrong. Why? Because they are so realistically written. They aren't pretty, they will piss you off, they will make you cry, and all along you just want something wonderful to happen...and then, it do
Deborah
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I’ve just read this for the second time and if anything I enjoyed it even more this time. This book is incredible, it has everything including humour for which I have to thank Emilio.

Original review.

Absolutely amazingly brilliant.

I read a lot of books and I've been fortunate enough read some really great ones plus a lot of not-so-great ones as well but this has to be without a doubt the best, most addictive and compulsive series I've ever read.
It's amazing and the fact that I've 5 starred every
It's just me Shelly B
I'm so sad because I never wanted this to end I could read about these characters forever!!! I am in LOVE with series and I can't believe it's OVER!!!

I just cant believe it's over......CONSUMED these books consumed ME!! Im guessing here, on the length of this series, but 4000+ pages and I'm pissed because I can't wake up tomorrow and read MORE!! This should never end.....yes I'm a greedy bitch and I don't CARE!!

Hsin "Sin"
Oh my sweet psychotic Hsin.....you stole my heart!!! I will never forget
Wendy
Re-read 7/15/17....cried my eyes out again....so so good !!!

photo 90s-crying-titanic-zombieland-woody-harrelson_zpsmbtfb7p8.gif

Damn these books...they are awesome but I am such a wreck right now. I'm so happy I made it, and so sad that it's done at the same time.

Once again, I am not going into the plot. There is no point to do so, because this is book 4 and it can't be read as a stand alone, so those of you who are going to read this one, will already know what and whom it's about. Also, I do not want to spoiler anything.

What I can tell you however, is that th
Shelley

I wish I would've met you
Now it's a little late
What you could've taught me
I could've saved some face

They think that your early ending
Was all wrong
For the most part, they're right
But look how they all got strong

That's why I say
What a good shot man

A man has gun
Hey man, have fun
Nice shot

Now that the smoke's gone
And the air is all clear
Those who were right there
Got a new kind of fear

You'd fight and you were right
But they were just
Tara♥

"A dismal end to lives forever cast in shadow."

If I could use only one word to describe ‘Fade’ that word would be PAIN.

‘Fade’ ripped me apart, had me ugly crying regularly, so much so that I had puffy eyes for about two days straight which led to people constantly asking me if I was okay. It necessitated the very first ‘Irish ICoS Support Group’ being set up and it basically took over my life completely for 9 days.

So yeah pain. But it was a beautiful kind of pain.

This series was a fabulous ex
Ele
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Spoiler FREE and purposely vague review for the whole series. If you decide to read this, you NEED to stay away from spoilers.

It may sound stupid but now that it's over I don't know what to do with myself. I'm taking a day off reading because right now I feel that no book can compare. I never saw this coming, and I never intended to read it. But then "Five Boroughs" happened and Santino Hassell became one of my favorite authors. And then I read After Midnight which I loved. And Renee subtly star
SueC
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
You know that terrible sinking feeling you get when you realize that the alternate universe you've been living in (and loving) has just finished? Yep, I'm feeling it post Fade... but it's completely worth it.

Here's the thing with 'In the Company of Shadows': it's long. It's so long that there were times when I rolled my eyes and felt like all the teeny tiny details were completely unnecessary... BUT they weren't. The details and inner ramblings served their purpose in helping us love and underst
Dia
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mm book lovers and love lovers :)
Recommended to Dia by: I~❤️~Books
BIGGEST 5 STARS IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE for this REMARKABLE, PHENOMENAL, ASTONISHING, WONDERFUL, AWESOME BOOK that is Fade

ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS!!!

Question: How can you describe THE BEST BOOK you've read so far? How can you describe the last book in the most AMAZING series in the world? And I am talking here about a series that kept me up for so many nights and consumed me so much!!!

Answer: You just can't find the perfect words! Stop trying to... There are no words to do it justice... unf
Cristopher
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-books
All of those stars in the sky. All of those.

I can't believe its the end.

I'm a little mess here. I didn't want it to end. And I fucking hate it when it's time to finally say goodbye. It's just a bit heavy in the chest you know? Being attached, protective, caring and in love with the characters and all that shit. And yet.. At the end of it all, you still have to say bye. Sigh.

Sorry, I'm pathetic I know, it's embarrassing. But whatever. ='(

***

How do you describe a book this good? I can't think of a
Vir
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've been so immersed in this epic story, so... living their lives in this futuristic post apocalyptic reality that now that it has ended, I feel empty. With that distressful feeling you have every time you end something you know you won't forget. Characters that keep coming to your mind, unforgettable quotes burning your brain and so many feels all around...*sighs loudly while trying not to cry*

Before I start with my rambling and promising to keep it short and as spoiler free as I can manage,
Mel
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
*sniffle*

I just finished. Ugh, my mind is spinning with a wide variety of thoughts and feelings. And bittersweetness prevails.
I can't believe this is the end. I can't believe this journey is over. But there it was, written in black and white italics: 'The End of In the Company of Shadows'.

*sniffle*

With the last book of the series, it's really inevitable not to incorporate the series as a whole in the rating. And that general evaluation would lead to 5 stars. Which is weird, since I didn't act
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

***SPOILERS AHEAD***

”Lately it felt like every truth he ever thought he knew kept turning out to be a lie.”

What we want or need to believe and what’s true often get so twisted up and turned around. But Fade takes it to a whole new level. The intensity level is turned way up for the last installment of the In the Company of Shadows series. Despair, longing, action, humor, and suspense bring Fade to life in vivid pain and passion. The twists & turns, shocks, and connections will keep you on th
Steph
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is completely devastating. It’s incredibly written as always, but it will tear you apart inside. For about the first 30%, I was very confused and was struggling to understand just what the hell had happened in the year that Boyd was away.
Sin and Boyd had been so happy together but it seemed that this mission would finally be the last straw, the one thing that would have torn them apart, for good!

I have enjoyed this series more than I could have ever hoped, but I have to be honest,
Eva
I NEED MORE STARS!

Fade is absolutely the BEST book of the series!
And one of the BEST books I have ever read!

Everything was perfect: the plot, the main characters and the side characters…

I completely fell in love with them over and over again.

Hsin

Boyd

(view spoiler)

The book was a complete roller-coaster. I felt...

Pain...

Hopelessness...

(view spoiler)
Lenore
ICoS is finished. It feels like the end of an era.

Fade is the epilogue to a rollercoaster of a journey I'll never forget. Sin and Boyd will stay with me forever.
Jewel
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2016-900-plus
I think I need a t-shirt that says: "ICoS ruined my liver" because I have never read a book or a series, before this one, that made me want to drink with my morning coffee. Not that I did, mind you, but it sure was tempting. There was plenty of alcohol consumed at other times of the day, though, and I'm pretty sure that's one of the only things that got me through having my heart ripped out and crushed, repeatedly. That, and the fabulous ICoS support system around here.

ICoS was intense. Way more
Dani
Goddamn it with this series. It's managed to completely destroy me and reduce me to a barely functioning human being. I'm pretty sure everyone's mad at me for completely ignoring them these past few days. I couldn't put it down. I was up till 2 am reading it. Until my eyes were so tired that I couldn't read the next paragraph.

I can't believe it's finished! I'm in shock with everything that happened. I don't even know if I'm in the best state of mind to write a review. Everything is too fresh and
Simone

M.I.N.D.-B.L.O.W.I.N.G.

This...

Boyd didn't protest when their fingers locked, and Sin tugged him out of the room. They disappeared into the shadows, walking away from the unceasing narration that droned during the program, and away from the journalists who had helped them to finish it all.
Soon, their boots were crunching on the snow outside. Soon, breath ghosted out into the cold air, and Sin led Boyd away from the property.

Their hands clasped again, and this time neither let go.

...is exactly w
Christelle
5++ stars for the whole series : the word « epic » is often used in the reviews, well it’s well earned.

When I jumped from “The Interludes” to “Fade”, I was wondering what was going to happen. Well, I didn’t have to wait for long : it started right away.
And once again : the despair, the anguish, the longing, the questioning…oh my, and the hotness !!
I’ve been binge-reading this last part because I just had to !!!

This series is fascinating, insane, addictive, painful, heartbreaking. But oh, so muc
Ariana
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 +++ stars

Two cases of wine, 3 boxes of tissues, 4 ruined fingernails, 5 bars of chocolate, 20 days, about 32 breathless ‘I can't believe it’, multiple (usually horrified) Oh No!s, and uncountable, emotionally-laden OMGs later ….. I’m finished with the series. (Oh, and there may have been the odd Wtf on the way, too.)

And what a read it’s been! Incredible. Fabulous. Spectacular. Consuming. Heart-wrenching. Oh so heart-wrenching. Poignant. Touching. Agonizing. Excruciating. Overwhelming. Steamy a
Dreamer
May 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia, omg, drugs, dub-con
A roller-coaster ride of angst and adventure, just breaks your heart! Just loved this book, the best written so far. Completed at last, congrats to Sonny and Ais on a brilliant ending..

"The top of (Boyd's) head pressed against the wall and he was sobbing; a wretched mess in the middle of chaos and it hurt, it hurt so much."
Karen Wellsbury
When I read the last page of Fade, I felt abandoned.
I started reading ICoS on my holiday, and so for the last 5 months it's been part of my reading life, I have questioned some of the twists and turns of the plot, loved and hated various characters and constantly rooted for a properly happy ending..and now its finished ?

To use the word epic is an understatement, this is story telling on a massive scale, over 5000 pages, 5 (or 4 volumes depending on which version you read), excluding 1/27. But it
Amanda
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia
03.03.13

5+++++ stars

Wow. Just wow. This book, this whole series, is amazing. Every part of it. Sure, some of it rambled at times but I still love it.

Fade was amazing. I don't have the words right now. The ending was well worth the wait. I'm now hoping for some form of continuation of ICoS. Whether it be a spin off or back stories. I just want more Hsin, Boyd and of course Emilio.

I know I joined the ICoS bandwagon fairly late in the game, but in a way I'm grateful for that. Unlike my other GR bu
Elsa Bravante
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No tengo palabras, qué maravilloso viaje, una de las mejores experiencias lectoras de mi vida.
Hsin y Boyd se quedan para siempre conmigo, qué magnifica muestra de cómo evolucionan unos personajes hacen los autores.
No quiero ni analizarlo, no son libros perfectos, pero son perfectos dentro de su imperfección.
Taylor
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What an ending! It was every bit as climatic as it should have been for a series of this length. Fade grabs you from the first page and doesn't let go until you've choked up every last tear. It's impossible to really get into specifics without spoiling, but suffice it to say, if you've come this far you will not be disappointed.

ETA: (view spoiler)
Renée
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~BR with my bestie, Ele. I almost don't want to finish this. It's been so much fun living in this world again and experiencing it fresh through her eyes. Sin and Boyd have a special place in my heart as one of my favorite couples of all time.~

Hassell and Ais have compiled a page of all things ICoS here.
damnit, liz
I'm so glad I came back to this. Lesson learned- I believe this series is best read in long, insomnia inducing stretches. There are a lot of dynamic characters, a long complex plot, and an emotional roller coaster that doesn't stop even in the end.

My five stars are for the story as a whole and characters rather than how I'd rate it if this were a published novel. If you want to get technical, yeah, it's not completely edited. There were some parts that got a little tedious for me, and others wh
searches 2 21 Jan 08, 2015 11:35AM
trying to find this book 2 63 Mar 02, 2013 12:04PM
Fade 1 - 11 12 68 Jun 20, 2011 04:40PM
Fade 1-9 31 72 Jun 20, 2011 08:25AM
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Quid Pro Quo (The Administration, #2)
  • The Ghost and the Darkness Volume 2  (Fallocaust, #3)
  • Close Protection
Santino Hassell was raised by a conservative family but grew up to be a smart-mouthed, school cutting grunge kid, a transient twenty-something, and eventually transformed into a grumpy introvert and unlikely romance author with an affinity for baseball caps. His novels are heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, and his desire to write relationships fueled by intensity ...more
More about Santino Hassell...

In the Company of Shadows (6 books)
  • Evenfall (In The Company of Shadows, #1)
  • Evenfall: Volume 1: Director's Cut (In the Company of Shadows, #1 part #1)
  • Evenfall: Volume 2: Director's Cut (In the Company of Shadows, #1 part #2)
  • Afterimage (In The Company of Shadows, #2)
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
“Freedom is not worth it without him.” 80 likes
“I love you, Hsin," he said hoarsely. "I missed you so much."
"I love you, too." Sin's voice was still thick and husky. "I came back for you. Because I wanted to find you, because I wanted to remember you.”
47 likes