Start by marking “Every Day's a Dog's Day: A Year in Poems” as Want to Read:
Every Day's a Dog's Day: A Year in Poems

Every Day's a Dog's Day: A Year in Poems

Poems perfect for a year in the life - a dog's life, that is!

Day in, day out, our dogs are there for it all. But they see holidays quite differently than we do - Halloween, for example, is when you can't tell the real cats from the costumes! And, of course, dogs have special days of their own, like Hole Digging Day or the dreaded Visit to the Vet Day. Perfect for dog lov
Published March 15th 2012 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Every Day's a Dog's Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Day's a Dog's Day

Romanus Elangwe
Apr 11, 2014 Romanus Elangwe rated it really liked it
Marilyn Singer loves pets and especially dogs. The different species of dogs and their outfit in colorful pictures attracts readers to her poem (St Patrick's Day).

POEM: St. Patrick's Day

But whatever it is,
in a minute, a few.
I'll bet you a bone
I'll be wearing it too.

I will use this book to teach children about the significance of
Romanaus Elangwe
Mar 10, 2014 Romanaus Elangwe rated it really liked it
Shelves: poem
Every Day's a Dog's Day: (Marilyn Singer - 1948 in New York, and now lives in Park Slope, New York.)

Marilyn Singer, displays different species of dogs with funny faces and dresses. A display of what nature has made; attractive, especially to dog lovers.

POEM: St Patrick's Day

in a minute, a few.
I'll bet you a bo
Neha Amin
Mar 27, 2014 Neha Amin rated it really liked it
Review: This collection features poems of different holidays and parts of the year according to a dog theme. The illustrations are colorful and fun. There is one poem on a page, though some of them take up two pages. I do wish the font was bigger. Another good thing about this collection is that it has a lot of good vocabulary for young children.

Chosen poem:Snow Day

is licking
Kelly Francis
Aug 06, 2015 Kelly Francis rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Students love animals, especially dogs. This book will appeal to many students and can be used as an introduction to poetry. Also the poems are from a dog's perspective which is a little different and fun. This could also be an example used to have students write a poem from someone else's viewpoint.
Sarah Huff
This was a very interesting book of poems. I had a poem for every holiday or important day for a dog. Each poem was different too. Some rhymed some were haiku, I really enjoyed each one I read. I would use this book in my class room to show different kinds of poems and what they consist of and how they are created.
Jul 11, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
A nice collection of holiday and seasonal poems featuring dogs. The poems are fun and illustrations are cute. A nice addition to an already popular or well-used poetry collection, but not a required selection by any means.
Great Books
Feb 02, 2012 Great Books rated it liked it
Shelves: family
Buddy and the cast of dog friends share in the joys of the first day of spring, a pet parade and activities throughout the year. They celebrate holidays with biscuits, playing in mud and fetching sticks. A happy, yappy year in poems. Reviewer 17
Scott
Sep 04, 2014 Scott rated it it was ok
I would have liked this more if they hadn't tried to fit so many holidays in the book. Most of those poems felt a bit forced, and not as truly from a dog's view. The illustrations are quite fun, and I did enjoy some of the poems quite a bit.
Whole And
A sweet compilation of poems and events to learn about the benchmarks of a year, all told from the dog's perspective.

We used this book while learning about the concept of time, how long is a year and how much goes on during the year!
Kimberly
May 23, 2013 Kimberly rated it really liked it
I really liked this one! Bright fun illustrations and cute little poems.
Gabrielle
Feb 11, 2015 Gabrielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: schlow
I like her reverso poetry better.
Rakisha
A good and easy book of poetry that can be used during story times for older children.
Debby Baumgartner
Jan 15, 2016 Debby Baumgartner rated it it was ok
Shelves: dogs, poetry
Dog poems that cover a calendar year.
Rachel
Jan 07, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it
Fun poems for dog lovers. Some better than others especially when the voice of the poem is hard to pinpoint.
Pauline
Dec 15, 2015 Pauline rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Now...who doesn't LOVE reading Marilyn Singer's poetry??? This was a lovely trip through the calendar year with all of the poems told from the adorable dog's perspective!
Ann
Mar 25, 2012 Ann rated it liked it
A good book of poems for younger readers. It covers many seasons and holidays so poems could easily be picked out for themed storytimes.
Kendra
Apr 08, 2012 Kendra rated it it was ok
Simple poems with simple pictures. A good choice for a young poetry and dog lover.
Nancy
Nov 03, 2012 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
Fun poetry. Marilyn Singer's books are a great way to introduce poetry to your students. Terrific for a classroom collection.
Kim
Jan 08, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it
Very silly!
Mary Lee
Mary Lee rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Brenda Steffens
Brenda Steffens rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Ariadne
Ariadne rated it really liked it
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Boni
Boni rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2012
Meghan Nels
Meghan Nels rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Athena
Athena rated it really liked it
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2014