Start by marking “Pip's Trip” as Want to Read:
Pip's Trip

Pip's Trip

(The Loopy Coop Hens)

Pip, Midge, and Dot are the cute but clueless hens of Loopy Coop Farm. Every day they watch the farmer's truck drive away, and they wonder what it would be like to take a ride. Finally, Pip gathers her courage, climbs into the back, and closes her eyes. The truck rumbles to life, and when Pip opens her eyes, she's back on the farm. What a ride! But for these hens, every ad ...more
Published January 19th 2012 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Pip's Trip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pip's Trip

Danielle Mootz
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My kids and I loved this story. We have some quirky hens and we could definitely see characteristics of Pip, Maude and Dot in ours!
The Library Lady
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
I think Stoeke has said all she needs to say with chickens. If she's run out of adventures for "Minerva Louise" could she please switch to ducks or something?
Edward Sullivan
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Farm fun with fowl.
Gloria
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Luisa Knight
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ages: 4 - 8

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable you to clean up your book before reading it! Visit my website: The Book Radar.
Bennett Burgess
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
it is good.
Shiloah
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Home has the best scenery around. Just love these chickens.
Kristanne Duncan
Sep 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Tasha
Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This sequel to The Loopy Coop Hens returns to the Loopy Coop Farm and the hens, Pip, Midge and Dot. When they watch the farmer’s truck drive away, the hens start to wonder what it would be like to take a ride in it. Pip thinks that it might be fun and climbs into the back of the truck. But the other two hens decide that they will go get Rooster Sam to go with them, leaving Pip in the truck alone. Pip gets worried, she feels a vibration and it gets noisier. So she hides under a blanket and misses ...more
David
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Pip's Trip by Janet Morgan Stoeke, part of the Loopy Coop Hens series, is a simple story about hens that want to take a trip in a truck.

Storke's illustrations feature bright colors, and focus on the three hens. One and two pages spreads are used. My favorite illustrations are cover, goes places, room, get in first, getting loud, didn't go, oh, and last 2 pictures.

This beginning reader features a large font, lots of repition and humor that should please readers and listeners. The very short chapt
Melanie
The Loopy Coop Hens are back in another adventure. Unfortunately, this one is worse than the first. The hens are fascinated by the farmers truck that gets to go out in the big world and explore. They dare each other to hop in and take a ride. Pip is the only one that gets in the truck. When the farmer starts the truck to test the engine, Pip thinks she is going for a ride. When the other two hens come back from asking Rooster Sam for "permission" Pip is excited to tell them that she went for a r ...more
Barbara
Like Dorothy realized about Kansas in The Wizard of Oz, there really is no place like home. In the case of three curious chickens, one of whom, Pip, is braver than the others, they find that the adventure they were seeking was right in their backyard all along. When the others leave Pip alone in a truck rather than joining her, she, too, grows frightened by the truck's noisy engine, and hides under a blanket in its bed until the noise stops. Although Pip had an adventure, it's not quite the one ...more
Rosa Cline
Jul 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a nice simple early reading chapter book. Each chapter only has four or five page with very simple wording on each page. The illustrations are bright and simple and pleasing to the eye as well.

Three hens (chickens) see the truck go and come everyday but they get curious to see where it goes. So they try and be not scared as they climb in the back of the truck, but two get to scared. The adventures that the one thinks she goes through is funny to read about.

My special needs adult son en
Karen Arendt
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Pip, Midge, and Dot are back in another story about Loopy Coop Farms. The three hens always stay on the farm while the truck goes places. They decide that they want to go places, too, so they hop in the truck. Or, at least Pip does. Midge and Dot decide they need to ask Rooster his opinion first. While not as funny as the first story, the story still has humor in it. Midge, Dot, and Pip are good friends who support each other even when Pip learns that she did not really go out into the big world ...more
Julia Jasztal
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
(Mommy's review from 4/12)

I agree with a few others that this fell flat. The story is choppy and jumpy and it didn't cruise well. Julia got a chuckle or two out of it and for such simple illustrations we both really enjoy looking through the Loppy Coop Hens books but the story lost something somewhere.
We have yet to read any of the Minerva Louise books (as far as I can remember) and I don't know that I'll specifically find them.
I hope this was the end of these hens and that Stoeke finds somethin
The Styling Librarian
Fantastic and hilarious take on chickens at a farmyard. Loved both of these books, especially that they were both "chapter" books. I think they're quite approachable for the young child who wants to be successful with initial reading and additionally quite entertaining for the adult reading the book!
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
A big thank you to Ms. Stoeke for writing these adorable books starring chickens! Any book about chickens sparks my son's interest, and while these books are simpler than his reading level, he really enjoys the story, the clever humor, and the lovely illustrations.
Kris DeLabio
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture, series
the lastest adventure of the Loopy Coop Hens. They girls decide to go see the wide world by getting in the back of the farm truck. Can they do it or will they be to scared?
Heidi-Marie
Not bad. I like the illustrations. Nice end with the friends' consoling Pip and Pip being content. Could work in a storytime, but I'm not really behind it right now.
Cat
Mar 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picturebooks
A book about three chickens who want to go for a ride in the truck but are feeling aprehensive about it.
Becca
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute little story about being brave and trying new things (view spoiler)
Paula
Sep 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: pic
Broken into mini chapters. Nice story for beginner readers.
Donalyn
Pip, the chicken, wants to see the wide world, but she has trouble convincing her friends, Dot and Midge, to go with her.
Donna Nix
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Simple beginning reader--with the short chapters, might be considered for Seuss award next year.
Michelle Gray
Might be good for a beginning reader because of the mostly easy words, but the story is very choppy.
Michelle Nero
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Pip is brave and learns that home is sometimes better than anywhere else in the wide world.
Kim Miner Litton
In a world that has no shortage of chicken or farm books, this story is cute but not remarkable to be a favorite with me.
stillme
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: awards, picture-books
Stoeke has a talent for giving these silly chickens extremely expressive eyes.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at preschool story time on 3/22/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

The Loopy Coop Hens (3 books)
  • The Loopy Coop Hens
  • Letting Go (The Loopy Coop Hens)