Start by marking “A Cold Day in Hell ” as Want to Read:
A Cold Day in Hell

Read eBook* *Different edition

A Cold Day in Hell

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
DEMONS ARE FOREVER...so Azarial thought. It was a cold day in Hell when Azarial – demon, sculptor and daughter to the Fallen angel Sariel - got the first inkling she wasn’t quite the person she‘d thought she was. Then when two old friends arrive bringing with them an outlawed rogue, she welcomes them. When they ask her to hide them from bounty hunters how could she refuse? ...more
Published by World Castle Publishing (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Cold Day in Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cold Day in Hell

Jasmine Denton
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Technically, since I edited A Cold Day in Hell, I'm not sure it's appropriate for me to review it, too. But when I realized it'd been released already, I just couldn't help but share my thoughts. I loved it.

When I started reading this book, I didn't know what to expect. I'd never read a high-concept fantasy before, but Main's sense of humor made this an easy read. When I turned the page, I didn't know what to expect next, since Rial and Tonk managed to get themselves into hilarious disaster afte
Sarah Baethge
Jan 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who like fantasy angels and demons
Recommended to Sarah by: twitter
Shelves: reviewed
A Cold Day in Hell by Denise M. Main is an entertaining story with a cast of angels, demons, and the like. If you are simply looking for some light reading, don't worry; the title is one of the only few religious references that appear. Instead of right and wrong, we are drawn into the grand multi-verse of the of the universe's structure, to follow the demon Azarial as she tries to live her normal life, despite the trouble friends bring to her door.
If you can enjoy a story without taking certai
Maxwell
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In her debut novel, A Cold Day In Hell, author Denise Main weaves a wonderful story of intrigue, mystery, drama, and humor. Azarial may not be a very good demon, but she is a perfect main character. I fell in love with her immediately. Azarial is a sculpter. Her mother is a fallen archangel. Her friends are powerful lords from various worlds. And her constant companion, and perfect sidekick, is an imp named Tonk. All of the characters are wonderfully detailed.

The author sculpts an amazing world
Gypsy Madden
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Azarial, a poor excuse for a demoness with a kind heart, scattered tendencies, and a love of pastries muddles her way through life in the magical realm, one dimension removed from Earth. The book follows her daily life from a summoning by a human witch, to her job as an artist creating enchanted chess pieces, to having her house invaded by her friends the Nightlords.

Once the Nightlords come into the book, they dominate the rest of the story, becoming front and center importance whether the reade
Denise Main
Apr 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for detailed background/world. Someone wanting something a little different.
Recommended to Denise by: I wrote the book
Shelves: i-wrote-the-book
I enjoyed writing this book, the characters and the various worlds in the Structure. Making Tonk, the imp more street-smart than his boss was a necessity, since Azarial isn't the most savvy of people. She enjoys being a demon, even though she isn't particularly good at it, and since her Mother is a Fallen archangel the other option is much worse. Not only does Azarial hate angels, she has a phobia of wings - feathered wings to be precise. She is a sculptor who specialises in game pieces that are ...more
Clarrissa Moon
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome book. It was a story with an orginal concept based on true occult knowledge not found in many fictional books written today. Not all Demons are "bad" Fallen Angels have thier own story to tell as well, but let's talk about this book, which is fictional. Well written and kept me looking to see where the story would go and I usually can say this will happen next, but not in this story. It kept on surprising me and wondering what will happen next. I love the MC and her Imp, Tonks, i ...more
Julie Hodgson
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such fun to read....Love the demon and the bakers :o) wont give any spoilers..but the characters come together and keep you going till the end of the book..after you wish the book was longer!

Good read...
Shelley Taylor
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book just the name made me want to read and I'm so glad I did. It had so great new twists on the paranormal. There is a few type-o but and overall great book that I will be waiting for the next to come out. Soon I hope :)
Bryce Main
Apr 09, 2011
janet hamm
Oct 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Strip
  • The House on Mayberry Road
  • Bewitched in Time (Salem Moon, #1)
  • The Devil Was an Angel (Niki Slobodian, #4)
  • The Revelation (Wickford High #1)
  • No Man's Land (Imp World #3)
  • Nightwolves on the Prowl (The Nightwolves #2)
  • Kissing Comfort
  • True Hero?
  • Wild Card  (Bite Back, #3)
  • Dart and the Squirrels
  • Darkness Embraced (Rosso Lussuria Vampire, #1)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Hunters' Quest
  • A Demon Does It Better (Hex, #6)
  • Griffin Rising (Griffin, #1)
  • Devin (Grant Brothers, #2)
  • Mystic Embrace (Embrace, #3)
I'm a writer, an artist (of sorts), I love reading, drawing, writing, listening to music, my husband and family (not necessarily in that order). I also work for MythCast (unpaid) and a property services company. In my spare time, I...yeah, about that...well, I sometimes watch TV, mainly fun things like Supernatural, NCIS, Dexter, Firefly etc.
My first Fantasy Novel (Cold Day in Hell)was published o
More about Denise M. Main...