Start by marking “Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World” as Want to Read:

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  285 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews

Smart Trust is without doubt one of the most powerful and seminal books of our age” (Warren Bennis).After illustrating the global relevance of trust with his book The Speed of Trust by selling more than one million copies in twenty-two languages, Stephen M. R. Covey again illuminates the hidden power of trust to change lives and impact organizations in Smart Trust. In a c
Published January 10th 2012 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group (first published December 27th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Smart Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smart Trust

Daniel Taylor
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Businesspeople, marketers, salespeople
This follow-up to Stephen Covey's "The Speed of Trust" drills down into his idea of "Smart Trust", his alternative to distrust or blind faith.

He gives example after example of how Smart Trust increases prosperity, energy and joy in your personal life and in your business. He points out that you don't need to get others to change, become trustworthy yourself and you will be a change agent. The book outlines five principles for building Smart Trust.

Whether you're in business or not, read and apply
Rusty Fischer
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway and was really happy to. I try to read as many business books as I can, although this book would really apply to a lot of areas of our lives. The writing, as expected from these two authors, was great but the ideas were even greater. Trust is such a tenuous thing, and it's hard to invest in things we can't see, but this book makes a great case for it! Highly recommended...
Wennifred
Feb 20, 2012 marked it as to-read
I just won a copy from Goodreads. Looking forward to reading it. Thank you.
Kirk G. Meyer
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book was another good book filled with useful information. It is the second from these two leaders and I can recommend both with no issues. This book builds extremely well on the previous and compliments Covey’s fathers book as well. A must read for anyone who wishes to trust people in a better smarter way.
Esther
Aug 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, business
Okay, so I agree with his premise. But I think that he doesn't pay enough attention to the behavioural evidence on how trust works and why it is necessary to how humans function. Also, this mostly felt like an attempt to refute critics of "The Speed of Trust", which I think is a better and more useful book.
M G
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. My initial interest in it was not for myself....when I saw the book in the giveaway, I thought of my father-in-law and husband, who both enjoy Stephen Covey's books. When the book showed up in my mailbox, I decided to start the book the next day. Although I am in education, not business, I realized that many of the principles this book discusses can be applied in the business world, in the education world, and in life at home.
The pre
Casey Wheeler
Dec 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I read this book as the monthly selection of the Credit Union Leaders Book Club group on LinkedIn.

This is an expansion of the last chapter in the author’s prior book “The Speed of Trust.” It contains numerous examples in each chapter along with many great quotes and extensive notes at the end of the book.

The first chapter deals with The Paradox. The authors raise some interesting issues in regards to a crisis of trust in the world and its overall impact using different examples and quotes. It al
Soundview Executive Book Summaries
Smart Trust: Creating Prosperity, Energy, and Joy in a Low-Trust World by Stephen M.R. Covey, Greg Link & Rebecca R. Merrill was chosen by Soundview Executive Book Summaries as one of the Top 30 Business Books of 2012.

THE SOUNDVIEW REVIEW:

There are times when the launch of a book coincides with current events in a way that makes it a touchstone for navigating a new era in business. The first decade of the new millennium saw the emergence of transparency as both a frequently used buzzword and
Cathy Allen
It is probably not fair to compare this book to the one that preceded it, but I just cannot give this one four stars when The Speed of Trust was such a life-changing revelation. I wanted the same lift, the same sense of epiphany, and am therefore disappointed. I was glad for an opportunity to spend more time thinking about the all-important subject of building and maintaining trusting relationships, and in fairness there was some solid new stuff in here. I have even used some of the new material ...more
Jacob
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I finished my reading of “Smart Trust.” When I first read “Speed of Trust” in 2006 I was profoundly impacted by the structure that was added to a relatively elusive topic. I keep a small paper with the thirteen behaviors of a High Trust Leader on my desk and refer to it often. “Smart Trust” seems like the natural follow up to all the HOW questions that were generated by “Speed of Trust.”

The five Smart Trust actions that this book teaches make a clear outline of how to generate trust in a team, f
12 Books - Author...: Smart Trust July 2012 2 53 Jul 12, 2012 03:13PM
  • No B.S. Ruthless Management of People and Profits: No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take-No-Prisoners Guide to Really Getting Rich
  • The 3rd Alternative: Solving Life's Most Difficult Problems
  • Advanced Selling Strategies: The Proven System of Sales Ideas, Methods, and Techniques Used by Top Salespeople
  • Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business  (From the author of 'How to Win Friends & Influence People')
  • Nail It Then Scale It
  • The Power Principle: Influence With Honor
  • The Awakening Course: The Secret to Solving All Problems
  • Demand: Creating What People Love Before They Know They Want It
  • The Aladdin Factor
  • The Tao of Twitter: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time
  • How Successful People Grow: 15 Ways to Get Ahead in Life
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • The One Minute Sales Person: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life
  • The Portable Coach: 28 Sure Fire Strategies For Business And Personal Success
  • Flawless Execution: Use the Techniques and Systems of America's Fighter Pilots to Perform at Your Peak and Win the Battles of the Business World
  • Drucker & Me: How Peter Drucker and a Texas Entrepreneur Conspired to Change the World
  • You're Hired: How to Succeed in Business and Life
  • The Laws of Subtraction: Six Simple Rules for Winning in the Age of Excess Everything
20379
Stephen M. R. Covey is co-founder and CEO of CoveyLink Worldwide. A sought-after and compelling keynote speaker and advisor on trust, leadership, ethics, and high performance, he speaks to audiences around the world. He is the author of The SPEED of Trust, a groundbreaking and paradigm-shifting book that challenges our age-old assumption that trust is merely a soft, social virtue and instead demon ...more
More about Stephen M.R. Covey...