Start by marking “Portret w bieli (Kwartet ślubny, #1)” as Want to Read:
Portret w bieli (Kwartet ślubny, #1)

Portret w bieli (Bride Quartet #1)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  107,711 Ratings  ·  3,558 Reviews
Cztery przyjaciółki, Parker, Emma, Laurel i Mac, marzą o wielkiej miłości, która odmieni życie każdej z nich. Zanim to jednak nastąpi, prowadzą "Przysięgi", najlepszą w Connecticut firmę organizującą wytworne śluby i przyjęcia weselne. Gwarantują swoim klientom idealną, niepowtarzalną uroczystość, po której wspomnienia pozostaną na całe życie. Ma w tym swój wielki udział M ...more
Published February 2nd 2010 by Prószyński Media (first published April 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Portret w bieli, please sign up.

♡Karlyn P♡

Pure boring. This audio book should come with a warning “Don’t listen to while operating moving vehicles, may cause severe drowsiness.”

I now know WAAAAAY more about wedding planning and passive/aggressive relationships than I ever cared to know. Where was the entertainment, the spark between hero/heroine, and the romance in all that page filler?

It started out pretty good, but degraded as it went on. It became just one stupid self-imposed conflict after another, sandwiched between way too many
Dina
3 1/2 stars

Nobody writes friendship like NR and I really enjoyed watching the interactions between Mac and her friends. Carter's slightly crazy friend Bob, with his "helpful" lists, was also fun to be with. In fact, everyone - besides the accidental stressed B, G, MOB, FOB, MOG, FOG, MOH, BM, FG and any other acronym the wedding business can come up with - was nice and fun. That lead to a lack of real conflict in the story, hence my lukewarm rating. I liked this book and its characters, since it
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
Contemporary romance fans, rejoice! Nora Roberts latest release "Vision in White" is a light and fun read that leaves you with a big grin on your face. It's the first in a four-book series about a group of women who've been friends since childhood and grow up to run a bridal business together. The manager, the baker, the flower lady, and the photographer--each with different backgrounds and different outlooks on life and love. This first story is about the photographer, Mackensie.

Mac's home life
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
★★★ 3 Rom-Com stars.★★★

Vision in White starts of by introducing a group of besties that run a very successful Event planning agency dedicated mostly to a bride's most defining moment,Her Wedding.

description

How I ended up picking this book:
Vision in White was basically my first Nora Roberts.So its safe to say I didn't really go in with super high expectations or such.Heard a lot about this author from my besties here on GR and thought to just give this one a go,out of pure curiosity.*shrug*

My thoughts on
Mojca
Vision in White Roberts Nora I can always count on Nora Roberts to keep me entertained. Be it with a romantic suspense contribution (the recently read Night Tales series) or a straight contemporary (the book I'm reviewing at the moment). Because Vision in White delivered on the promise in the blurb and then some. I absolutely loved it, its "friendship" angle and its "romance" angle. And the characters, oh, the characters were simply amazing. I couldn't help but love the four girls, I can't wait ...more
Shawna
5 stars – Contemporary Romance

I’m really surprised by how much I enjoyed this, especially since it was a random read while I was awaiting some August releases and because other than the J.D. Robb In Death books I’ve read, Nora Roberts often tends to be a little too vanilla ice cream for me. But I just loved sweet, shy, nerdy, English professor Carter to bits! It was so adorable and funny how he got so embarrassed over his friend Bob’s dating advice. And the list? Priceless! He made me smile and
Corrine
Sometime between the Quinn Bros. trilogy in 1999 and the Key trilogy in 2000, there was a big change in Nora's writing voice. One I really, really don't like. It seems, more and more, that she began channeling Candace Bushnell (Sex and the City, Lipstick Jungle). Almost everyone heroine since then has grated on my nerves, with the notable exception of the heroine of Angels Fall. This book is no different.

Mac Elliot runs a wedding planning shop with her three friends, in which she is the photogra
Mafi
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, pt, 2016
Se soubesse que ia ler num dia não o tinha deixado parado na estante durante 3 anos! --'

Começou muito morno mas depois aqueceu e acabei por gostar bastante, agora é seguir para o 2º da série!

---

(...)

Um dia perfeito - é talvez o meu favorito. Gostei muito de como foi apresentada a Mac, tanto como a sua via profissional foi retratada, assim da mesma forma como a autora mostrou a sua vida pessoal e os problemas familiares do passado. O facto da Linda ser uma antagonista que percorre toda a série
Lora
Let me just start by saying that I am a huge fan of Robert's In Death series, which she writes under the pseudonym J.D. Robb. I've only read the first four, but I'm a complete addict when it comes to that series.
However, there's a good reason why I've never tried anything from Nora Roberts outside of that series. I guess I've always had this supposition that Robert's books are basically contemporary, chaste bodice rippers (oxymoron, I know) with an extra helping of fluff - based solely on Visio
☆☽Erica☾☆
Awwww so sweet and romantic!
Janina
I actually don't have any time to read at the moment, but yeah ... you know how it is. I took a break from studying in between (my brain felt fried anyway and I wouldn't have been able to stuff in anything more - yes, I am looking for excuses ...), and finished Vision in White in a few hours. I don't know, I'm usually not that much into Nora Roberts or cheesy chicklit in general - although I had this phase when I was about 15 ;) - but this one just suited my mood at that moment and I enjoyed it ...more
Laura V.
"No me quito de la cabeza a un tío que piensa en mí. Y solo de pensar que está pensando en mí, me agobio. No sé si en realidad pienso en él porque él piensa en mí o si pienso en él porque es un encanto, es divertido, dulce y sexy."

Ahora que conseguí comprarme este librillo usado, no puedo creer que me haya olvidado lo dulce que es Carter, por amor de Dios. Es la ternura hecha persona. Con una Mac más hiperactiva que nunca, con muchos miedos e inseguridades, y con un Carter que te llena los po
Ronyell
Vision

Now, I will be honest here. Even though I have been reading romance novels for a long time from various romance novelists, I had never read any of Nora Roberts’ works before and her work is everywhere in the reading sphere! So, when I stumbled upon this book by Nora Roberts called “Vision in White,” I just knew that this was the book that was going to introduce me to Nora Roberts’ works in a good way!

Mackensie “Mac” Elliot had dreamed for all her life about taking pictures at a wedding and she f
Love Fool
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wedding photographer Mackensie "Mac" Elliot is most at home behind the camera, but her focus is shattered moments before an important wedding rehearsal when she bumps into the bride-to-be's brother...an encounter that has them both seeing stars.

Not going to lie, I thought I was going to hate this book because of the theme and because of the author. I thought Nora Roberts was writing stupid chick-lit books but it turns out I have been wrong for years. Nora Roberts is a funny writer with real a ta
Pepa
Poco más que añadir a lo que he comentado. Esta mujer no escribe mal pero no me llega. Sus novelas me dejan indiferente y fría.
Los personajes están bien construidos y toca buenos temas, seguro que soy yo
Un final muy acorde con la protagonista y un protagonista muy achuchable
Alp
4.5/5

This is one of Nora Roberts' wonderful love stories. I found many beautiful things in this book: friendships between friends, the warmth of family, unconditional love, and true love from the hero.

Nora Roberts has always created such adorable beta heroes. In this book, Carter Maguire was an extremely nerdy guy, but oh, he was so sweet! I always have my soft spot for nerdy heroes.

The heroine, Mac, she was strong, smart, and a bit stubborn. She had some kind of commitment issues because of her
Steph
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the idea of this trilogy with four friends running a wedding planning business I think it's really cool concept but didn't like this first entry, didn't like the two main characters and that the love interest he was too nerdy and a pushover to really like. I'll give that it was a realistic kind of love then most books I read. Well this type of book anyways it'scandy reading but not a great one.
Sofija
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s the first book I’ve read by Nora Roberts. And I liked it. Not from the start though. I’ve read first three chapters and just didn’t feel like continuing. So I put it aside and started another book, which was even worse, so I gave a “Vision in White” another chance. And didn’t regret it. Maybe it was because the plot started moving faster or the characters started growing on me, but I found myself enjoying it.

It’s a common story about a women, who is a photographer and have a wedding busines
Susana
I think that probably only Nora Roberts would be able to make me read a tale about wedding planners.
And liking it!! O_O
Any other writer would probably make me want to hit my head against a wall....quite a number of times!! All those....tiny little details....like matching colours and flowers...and dresses...and napkins... OH BOY!!!

I confess that this is probably my favourite genre inside Nora Roberts "plots": The friends that come together to create a business. I just like the way the relationsh
LibraryLass
I loved this one. This is a fun light read. Absolutely fell totally in love with Carter! This book made my day, I had a grin on my face nearly the whole time I read it. Great internal and external dialogue with both Carter and Mac.

I thought Mac's character at times was brilliant. Having faced an extremely similar problem with my own mother, I completely related to the passive-agressive stance Mac took at times. I thoroughly cheered when she finally took her stand and I totally related to her hu
Miss Kim
Nov 22, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, contemporary
3 stars

I waited impatiently for the first installment of Nora’s latest series. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I do not know if my taste in reading has changed, or if Nora’s writing has changed.

I found the heroine, Mac, to be a little grating. Everything she said seemed to be smart-assed, in order to hide her true feelings. The hero, Carter, was is a professor from the school of Extreme Beta Man. Most here know I am not a fan of the bumbling beta, but Carter did grow on me.

The four
Sara Kate
Ok so.... I know that it's just me but I didnt care for this and honestly had to skip through some chapters. It's not the writing itself but i didn't care for this story. I feel like my dark reads has ruined me for chic lit unless it's a funny chic lit. This was just too light for me and I did t care for all the wedding stuff. I'm jaded, I know :-)
Dinjolina
Cute.
Cute dude.
I had a bit of a problem with him being all clumsy (clumsy nerd are super cute!) but such a wicked lover that,you know,just pops bra clips in a sec.
The heroine was a strong but neurotic modern age woman that I could and did like.
But all in all,something was missing. It did not make me sight or swoon. It just was.
Beth
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Happy sigh. Carter is a sweetheart.

Also, this is what Lauren Layne wishes her wedding series was. Seriously: Nora Roberts is great at details.
Elizabeth ☆❀Hot for Alphas❀☆
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 4 BFF, Geeky Guy
3.5 Blue Butterfly Stars

Liked but the guy is a geeky PH.D. klutz so it was hard for me to get into. If you lust after geeks you will love this =)
Chitra *CJ*
"Vision in White", the first book in the Bride Quartet series is the story of Mac and Carter.
Mac is a photographer in a wedding planning venture- which she co-owns and runs with 4 of her best friends- Parker, Laurel and Emma.
When her new bride's brother turns out to be Carter, a guy who was her senior in high school- an accidental meeting leads to sparks flying.
It was a well written contemporary romance with many layers to its characters.
Mac is independent, confident- yet sensitive and submissiv
Diana~
Let me just point out that Vision in White, the first book of the Bride Quartet series, has the power to melt you heart because of how sweet the hero can be. Carter has officially became one of my favorite GERD (geek and nerd all in one) heroes of all time. I absolutely love him and his character development throughout the entire story. The romance between Mackensie and Carter was just... heartachingly beautiful. Throughout the entire book, I've looked forward to every single one of their dates ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
People like to mention, with every review of a book by Nora Roberts, that the author uses the same plot devices time and time again. And they're right - she does. The thing is, it works!

VISION IN WHITE might be formulaic, in that Ms. Roberts once again uses a group of friends who are as close as family who will all inevitably end up in love with another group of friends (or acquaintances), but I enjoyed the story so much and read it in one sitting.

Ms. Roberts has the unique ability that with e
JuliaOrlando
Book 1 in the Bride Quartet series.
Mackenzie "Mac" Elliot is a wedding photographer and along with her 3 friends runs a wedding planning business. She meets an old school mate Carter Maguire. Because of her parents divorce when she was a small child, her fathers indifference and her mothers selfishness and narcissism, Mac avoids love and IMO feels she is not worth the effort of a long term relationship.
I enjoyed the relationship between Mac and her friends, Parker, Emma, and Laurel and, even tho
Connie (Ava Catherine)
This is a standard chick-lit book. It is a little better written than most, but it is so predictable. Mac has a selfish, emotionally. abusive mother and an absent father. Her father sends her a camera for a birthday gift, which piques her interest in photography. She and her three childhood friends turn their childish game "Wedding Day" into a thriving wedding planning/event business, Vows.

Mac and Carter, a Yale educated teacher, fall hard for each other. Mac's mother, of course, is selfish and
HELP! I can't remember the Author/Title! 1 11 Apr 13, 2017 11:17PM
Around the Year i...: Vision in White, by Nora Roberts 4 28 Jan 14, 2016 02:37PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Aug 06, 2015 01:04PM
A Million More Pages: 1 - Vision in White (Bride Quartet): Feb 26 7 12 Feb 26, 2015 10:00AM
As a reader, what do you get from reading romance novels? 13 118 Jan 15, 2015 04:52PM
question about Noras books 7 112 Jul 21, 2014 06:53PM
  • Promises in Death (In Death, #28)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Hidden Summit (Virgin River, #15)
  • Shane's Last Stand (Fighting Destiny, #0.5)
  • Real Men Will (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #3)
  • Running Hot (Arcane Society, #5)
  • My One and Only
  • Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2)
  • Phantom Waltz (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #2)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)
More about Nora Roberts...

Bride Quartet (4 books)
  • Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)
  • Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)
  • Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)

“Some things in life are out of your control. You can make it a party or a tragedy.” 2552 likes
“I’ve never been the one. Not for anybody.”
He closed the distance between them.
“You’ll get used to it.” He tipped her face up to his, kissed her.
“Why? Why am I the one?”
“Because my life opened up, and it flooded with color when you walked back into it.”
253 likes