Start by marking “Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)

Red Fox

(Experiment in Terror #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  7,096 Ratings  ·  812 Reviews
With Book Two of the Experiment in Terror Series, Perry Palomino and Dex Foray trade in the stormy Oregon coast for the unforgiving deserts of New Mexico.

In the forgotten town of Red Fox, New Mexico, a Navajo couple is tortured by things unseen and by motives unknown. Wild animals slink through their house in the dark, a barrage of stones pound their roof nightly, and mut
Published March 24th 2012 by Metal Blonde Books (first published June 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Red Fox, please sign up.
jamie I feel he does have feelings for Perry but he's in a relationship with Jennifer and doesn't want to act on them. This whole series jad me hooked!

David - proud Gleeman in Branwen's adventuring party
Much like the haunted town of Red Fox, this book is filled with chills, laughs, intrigue, and suspense!

Now that the events of Darkhouse have been aired, the "Experiment In Terror" web-series has become a smash hit! Well...maybe not quite a hit, but at least it hasn't been canceled...yet! Now Dex is taking Perry to the haunted Indian reservation of Red Fox to investigate the mysterious occurrences there. Animals have been seen behaving in bizarre ways. Rocks are being hurled by apparently invisib
Karina Halle
Jun 29, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'll admit, it feels a bit dumb and a tiny bit egotistical to be reviewing your own book but I did it to the first one, Darkhouse, so I might as well leave one for Red Fox. Especially since I like this book a lot more than Darkhouse. Don't get me wrong, I love my first book to bits, but I want to marry Red Fox and have its babies (and I don't even like babies).
Red Fox - Book Two in the Experiment in Terror Series - takes our plucky heroine Perry (makes her sound like 1940's reporter) and dashing
Navessa

Sorry. I HAD to use that gif.

I read the first book in this series just a few days ago and had mixed feelings. There were some editing fails, weird turns of phrase, plot holes, and I had no idea how I felt about the MC or the male lead.

You know what’s awesome? Picking up the second book and finding that all the things you complained about have either been removed altogether or toned waaaaay down.

The biggest difference for me was Perry. I hate to say this, but when a story is told in first pers
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I loved Darkhouse but Red Fox absolutely blew me away!!The story was even stronger than the first one and the tension between Perry and Dex is starting to reach explosive levels!!

They aren't prepared for what happened to them in New Mexico...
Weird things are happening on the farm of a Navajo couple...

Animals are behaving strangely..

description

Stones drop down on the house and the inhabitants are getting more and more scared every minute...
When Perry and Dex come to their rescue in a desperate attempt to sa
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥

“The truth is in the fire.”

Another 5 Freaking-Supernatural Stars

description

And Karina Halle does it again…

Another creepy and twisted read, a horror scenario perfectly executed and highly accomplished. Hopelessly romantic and deeply sarcastic, despite the paranormal factor, this book (the whole series, really) is brutally realistic when it comes down to people, character development and feelings.

We all hide from our innermost thoughts and we all are scared to show the frightened kid, that still lives in
Debra

4 highly captivating and intriguing STARS!!!!

"The truth is in the fire."

In this second part of the enticing Experiment in Terror series Dex and Perry continue the adventure of their "ghost hunting" internet show by visiting the town of Red Fox in New Mexico. There they try to help the Navajo couple Will and Sarah who's desolate farm is haunted by forces unknown.

"Ghosts don't harm or maim people. They just scare. Skinwalkers...they kill. I think you are all in real danger."

They come ac
xrysa
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Perry and Dex in this book have to discover what is going on at the Red Fox,a town located at Mexico.

Do you find ghosts scary?

Can you belive that a cute fox could scare the hell out of you?

In this book they dont chase ghosts but they are trying to figure out who is the skin walker.

Why are the animals acting crazily ?

In this book we are also intodused Maximus , Dex's old friend.
I didn't like him because he had a big mouth.

(view spoiler)
★★★★
I'm so excited to have finally given this series a chance. It's been a lot of fun already and I'm only through the first two! Karina Halle creates plot themes reminiscent of The X-Files and she has written two characters that have just about as much unresolved romantic tension (at least as of this point). This second installment: Red Fox has tons of suspense, mystery, humor, and moments of terror that had me glued. If this sounds interesting, make sure to check it out!

My favorite quote:
“Polt
Brittni
5 AMAZING STARS!!!!!!

So the creepiness continues….

photo red-fox_zps939bfadb.gif

This series just gets better and better with each book!!!!

Once again Karina Halle blew me away!! This book was freaking so good!!! I loved it!! Hell I love this series!!

Short summary: Dex and Perry continue their ghost hunting adventure by visiting the town Red Fox in New Mexico. They encounter coyotes walking on two legs, strange human like foxes and other creepy looking animals.

I love Perry!! She is starting to come into her own and her self-c
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
In this book, Dex and Perry are off to the boonies in New Mexico to a town called Red Fox where they are checking out some stories of a possible haunting. Problem is ghosts don't usually throw rocks and definitely don't mutilate sheep, so what in the heck is going on? Maybe Dex and Perry are in over their heads with this one.

description

Well, the "scary" story is a bit different in this one and I may be in the minority by saying that I didn't feel it was as scary as the Darkhouse. The hauntings have to do w
Amy | Foxy Blogs
First and foremost this book had me at the name, Red Fox . I mean how could I not love a book with my name for the title?!

The famous duo are back together for the making of their second video blog series. They leave the Pacific Northwest for the heat of New Mexico. They are invited to film the 'evil' thing that is tormenting a local farmer.

Perry's affinity for danger following her everywhere she goes does not disappoint in this book.
”But what can I say? I was an idiot. You saved me. That’s ki
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Red Fox was just plain old fun!

What makes this story so addictive is the unique connection Dex and Perry share. There is no solid romance to speak of just yet, but their bond is slowly evolving into something powerful...and I'm anxiously anticipating its arrival!

I'm always going to come and get you.

In this installment, Dex and Perry pack their bags and head to New Mexico determined to film so-called poltergeists that have been haunting a Native American couple. Although Dex made somewhat
Catarina
Welcome to New Mexico, where old legends still live and strange phenomenons occurs every day.

description

In this second installment Perry and Dex are going to New Mexico, more exactly to a small town called Red Fox, where strange events are happening.
Wild-behaved animals, people that know more than what they tell, things that aren't what they seem to be and the already crazy events get even crazier in the moment they arrive.
And they have no idea what are up against or even how they'll get out of that situ
Kristalia
Final rating: 4/5 stars

“I hope you never stop feeling alive.”“As long as you’re around,” he said softly, “I’ll be alive.”

Buddy Read with Vilda! Check out her review here

Who will you trust?

When everybody hides behind the masks?

When everyone lies or hides something...while danger is everywhere...

Where animals act weird
Duchess Nicole
On this episode of Experiment in Terror, Dex and Perry are called to Red Fox, New Mexico to investigate a report of a haunted ranch. Not only haunted, but bombarded with night time rock hailstorms and overrun with wild animal sightings...inside the house.

Believed to be the work of something called a skinwalker, the entity feels evil to Perry. Skinwalkers are said to be violent and malevolent beings, a legend of many Native American tribes. These are not nice creatures.

[image error]

The couple tha
It's just me Shelly B
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it

Hallelujuah!!!! This book was WAY better than it's predecessor!!!!!!

I almost gave up half way through book 1 but thanks to all my goodread friends I pushed on and finished!!!

They told me it would get better and I would fall in love with Perry and Dex.....I didn't believe them but now I'm starting to see things their way!!

So I would like to give you all a big Thank You for encouraging me to continue...

This book was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than book 1.....sorry but true!!!

I'm loving Perry
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)

"I saw a pair of yellow eyes,low to the ground.i would have screamed at the sight ,or moved,or something,but all i could do was stare."

the second installment to the experiment in terror series turned out to be just ah-mazing as the first. with fires,tribes and coyotes...this book easily became one of the most captivating mystery of the year,so far, to me.

when perry and dex decide to ride down to old 'RED FOX' an old forgotten town middle of the freaking nowhere, they know that their road tri
Fathima
SOOO FREAKIN GOOD !!!
I think I'm in love with this series . Perry and Dex are back and they are definitely kicking asses , oh and btw they are getting theirs kicked too and that being said - all the way in New Mexico ! This book was so full of surprises .
The sexual tension between Perry and Dex had me rolling for the most part , so did Karina Halle's way of putting out her dialogues . Perry's narration and her thoughts really make you snort out loud , and if that was'nt enough Dex's smart pa
* Meli Mel *

***4.25 Crazy Demonic Animal Stars***

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The first episode of Experiment in Terror was not a complete failure, but not a success either. The show has not been canned... yet. Dex is contacted by an old "friend" to ask him to head over to a ranch and investigate the activity going on there. He accepts and so Perry and Dex head over to Red Fox, New Mexico to see if wha
Angela
Buddy read with my girls Erica and Sarah

I'm incredibly conflicted about this book, and this series as a whole so far. I liked Perry in the first book. I understood her. She's insecure and unsure of herself, but at the same time she's not going to let anything - including herself - hold her back. I could relate. In Darkhouse Perry was straight-forward, honest, no-nonsense, and pretty sarcastic. What she wasn't, overly, was too-stupid-to-live.

I can't say the same for Red Fox. Perry made one stupi
Jen
"So many secrets, so many blind eyes."

Another fabulous installment from Karina Halle! Once again, I have to say this author is just brilliant. I have such high respect for the way she puts words on to paper. The way she is able to bring the words to life, and paint a picture with them is just breathtaking! Right from page one I was hooked with this description of a fire:

"The parched air swarmed furiously with sky-seeking embers that spanned the spectrum of orange and yellow. They emerged from f
Joana
I do think this series should came with 3 warnings :

* This is scary stuff. Maybe you shouldn't read it while home alone and at night*

* Highly addictive series!!! You will just crave for more *

* You'll love Dex and Perry dearly but without a doubt, You'll have a HUGE crush on Dex...just no way around it*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway, back to the story!
This time our favorite duo, awesome but crazy Perry and Dex,will go to shoot an episode in the desert. In a town called Red Fox, where strange events have been happen
AJ
Book 2 in the Experiment in Terror series brings us more creepy, spooky stuff, more heart-racing action and, most importantly, more Dex and Perry! And it’s all awesome!

There’s a bit more focus on Dex’s character in this one. We get to see more of his tortured side, and learn a little bit about his past, and some of what he has been through to make him the way he is. And it’s all so sad! My heart broke for him. But I loved seeing him open up a bit more - “Perry ... I was hoping you'd come out and
Jasmine
4 SKINWALKER STARS ★★★★

"The truth is in the fire."

In the second installment in the EiT series, our favorite ghost-hunters are back for another round of heart-stopping, thrilling adventure. This time Perry & Dex made their way down to New Mexico!

The duo travels to the small city in a desert called Red Fox where strange occurrences have befallen on a Navajo couple, Will & Sarah. We're talking crazy animals with spooky eyes appearing & disappearing in their house & even rainin
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Buddy Read and Re-Read with my crew, my gang, my pack and my pals!

Regina
Very rarely does a series come along that completely pulls the reader in to the story in such a way that creates a reading frenzy. By reading frenzy I mean, being unable or incapable of putting a book down. By reading frenzy I mean having to immediately buy the next book in the series — and I mean immediately upon finishing a book in the series. By reading frenzy I mean, having the characters consume your life in such a way that the reader believes she is living the in the book itself – or despe ...more
Holly
*sniff*

The end of this book actually made me teary. WTF? That was totally unexpected.

It's 2am and I'm exhausted from my marathon reading session tonight, so I will keep this short and sweet.

I feel like I know Perry and Dex so much better now. And I especially loved seeing the more vulnerable side of Dex this time around. Yes, there were times when I thought Perry made some dumb decisions and I wanted to shake some sense into her. But more often than not, I felt empathy for what she was going thr
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

I'm only in the 2nd book but dear god this is sooooo good!

Perry and Dex... seriously...

BUT the two of them... *sigh*... the journey through the book...

Betul
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
description

The Experiment in Terror is the perfect series to get you out of your book slump. This series has the right amount of action, paranormal activity, romance and character development. Both Perry and Dex are becoming favorite characters of mine because they are so intriguing and very unique. These two are a perfect duo and I love their teasing and collaboration. Nowadays, I find it very difficult to find series that focuses on one couple that keeps me interested throughout the whole series. But I t
A Million More Pages: May Series Read: Red Fox (Experiment in Terror #2) 27 31 Jul 18, 2016 10:37PM
BR - Red Fox - Oct 29 - Bitchie, Jen, Meags, Otila & Rosa! 58 15 Nov 03, 2015 05:28AM
The Challenge Fac...: V Audio Nerd, Ezi & Angie - E.I.T series #2 Red Fox 90 32 Mar 21, 2015 03:04AM
Red Fox (Pex) Discussion 48 47 Oct 08, 2013 09:42PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Red Fox (Experiment in Terror #2) 2 9 Sep 02, 2013 05:42PM
Buddy Read Zone: Red Fox 46 25 Jun 20, 2013 04:25AM
  • Close to You (Downside Ghosts, #5.5)
  • Jekyll (Hyde, #2)
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Horrorscape (Horrorscape, #2)
  • Hellhound: Dogs of War (Hellhound, #2)
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • Heller's Revenge (Heller, #2)
  • The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)
  • Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 45 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of win ...more

Experiment in Terror (9 books)
  • Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1)
  • Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror, #3)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • On Demon Wings (Experiment in Terror, #5)
  • Into the Hollow (Experiment in Terror, #6)
  • Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror, #8)
  • Dust to Dust (Experiment in Terror #9)
“And with madness comes the light.” 73 likes
“Dex,” I whispered.
“Mmmm?” he grunted.
“I hope you never stop feeling alive.”
I could have sworn his heart skipped a few beats. He tensed. Then relaxed.
“As long as you’re around,” he said softly, “I’ll be alive.”
50 likes