Start by marking “Armen vol rozen (Het bruidenkwartet #2)” as Want to Read:
Armen vol rozen (Het bruidenkwartet #2)

Armen vol rozen (Bride Quartet #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  50,927 Ratings  ·  2,104 Reviews
Toen Mackensie, Emma, Laurel en Parker nog kleine meisjes waren (en de allerbeste vriendinnen van de hele wereld) deden ze niets liever dan bruiloftje spelen. Nu doen ze dat eigenlijk nog steeds, maar dan voor hun werk: samen runnen ze het exclusieve bruidshuis Vows, dat ernaar streeft om van elke trouwdag iets écht bijzonders te maken...

Op haar elfde droomde Emma Grant e
Published February 8th 2011 by Harlequin Holland (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Armen vol rozen, please sign up.
Jeanne Harrell I enjoyed her Parker character the most. She was complicated and tough with a veneer that would be hard for a schmoozer to get past. All four books…moreI enjoyed her Parker character the most. She was complicated and tough with a veneer that would be hard for a schmoozer to get past. All four books were fun reads.(less)

Alp
5 SOLID STARS!

My cheeks are still damp from my tears as I’m writing this review. Oh my heart, this was such a beautiful story!

It’s been a while since I read Nora Roberts’s contemporary romance novel, and Bed of Roses didn’t disappoint. I knew I would love this book, and I was right. Yes, I did love it! Everything about it. This was exactly what I want from my read!

I loved NR’s excellent writing.
I loved this very simple yet well-knit plot.
I loved both main and secondary characters.
I loved the rom
Jilly
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

Nora Roberts is definitely hitting the ball inside of the park in this series.

It's just so meh.

Maybe I just have to keep reading to find the hero and heroine that I like better. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

No. No. It's just a flesh wound. It will get better.

I have a good feeling about the next book. Really.
Dina
Oct 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars

After finding Vision in White a good but slightly disappointing read, I "knew" - as far as anyone can know such thing - that I'd enjoy Bed of Roses better. Something to do with this 2nd book being better received by most readers and my having lower expectations, I guess. No matter why, I did find Bed of Roses highly entertaining.

Emma was the main reason this book worked for me, with her utterly romantic nature. She was also the reason this book lost 1/2 star in the end, when she attac
♥ℳelody
ETA: Rating 2.5 stars

I would have given this a higher rating if it wasn't for the last 2 chapters of this book. But besides the crappy shit that happens near the end there were some other red flags that bugged me.

First I wasn't enthralled with this as I was with Mac's story. Everything about Mac and Carter came off natural and organic even with their ups and downs. Here everything seemed incredibly forced and overdone. It took me a good 100 pages to even get into the story. Jack and Emma share
K.
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks, 5-keepers
This is a WONDERFUL NR romance! I'm not even a fan of her's, yet this is straight-forward, simple, romantic and LOL ensemble writing at it's best! I don't know about that first book that received such crappy reviews . . . but this one is DEFINITELY worth reading! I fell in love with Emma and Jack and CERTAINLY all the "Vows" wedding planner group of friends (all of which will have a book of course). I did this one on audiobook, and after 100+ audio listens . . . this particular reader was just A ...more
Tammy
May 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the friends-turned-lovers theme
Gosh did I ever enjoy this story! If you're a fan of the friends-turned-lovers theme, then this is the book for you. :)

It's a real shame the author didn't write Bed of Roses as the first book in her Bride Quartet series. There is more insight into the characters. The emotions are stronger. The dialogue is so much better. This story is straight romance with sprinkles of light humor and funny banter. No suspense or mystery involved.

The relationship between the four friends is the cornerstone of th
Celeste
While the first installment of this series will always be my favorite, the second book is just as sweet. Emmaline is a crazy-talented florist, crafting bouquets and centerpieces that are works of art for Vows, the wedding business she runs with her three best friends. She’s had the hots for Jack, her best friend’s brother’s best friend, for 10 years now, but has never made a move because she didn’t want to make their friendship awkward. Turns out, the feeling and the fear that accompanies it are ...more
Lexy
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was amazing it made me cry
Marisa
Short Review: Bed of Roses, is the second book in Nora Roberts Bride Quartet series. However, those of you who have not read the first book, Vision in White, can read the second book with out missing a step. It’s a solid book with well developed characters and if you always buy every book that Nora Roberts writes I’m not writing this review for you. If however, you’re a romance reader, or just a reader looking for a book to read, perhaps this review is for you. I liked this book. Am I glad I rea ...more
Nadia
This was so dumb and cheesy. The only saving grace were the snippets we'd get from the perspective of other characters.
Mafi
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pt, 2016
Mais um romance fofo da Nora..não gostei tanto deste casal como estava à espera mas por outro lado viu-se mais a amizade e companheirismo entre as quatro amigas.

Vou já saltar para o 3º da série!
---
O segundo livro - Um Mar de Rosas - tem uma aura totalmente diferente do primeiro livro, principalmente porque a Emma é uma romântica inveterada em que o seu maior sonho é dançar à luz da lua com o amor da sua vida. Foi um livro um pouco mais romântico e do qual não gostei tanto devido ao facto de a p
Lora
Apr 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Nora Roberts
ducks/

Ever felt left out? I felt that way when I tried reading Vision in White back in May of this year, and I felt that way again trying to read its successor, Bed of Roses. I attempted to read this about two months ago after having finished and disliked the first book in this series. Normally I would drop a series after disliking the first installment to the degree that I did with Vision in White, but since I own the first, second, and fourth installments in this series I thought I'd give it another
Corrine
4 stars; from just sheer enjoyment, I would have given this 4 1/2, but I deducted half a star for two reasons: (a) the heroine is the personality twin of the heroine in Convincing Alex of the Stanislaskis series; and (b) TOO MUCH WEDDING DETAIL!!!! I know it's a book about wedding planners, but come on! there was more wedding information than scenes written from the hero's POV.

I'm not going to do a full synopsis, but I have to say this one was definitely better than Vision in White, and while th
Mary
Nov 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
Steph
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was also OK but I did like it a bit better than the first of the series. You see more personalities and different characters and you kind of figuring out who Will end up together in the later series. It has a little bit more humor too.
Mojca
As I said in my review for Vision in White, Nora Roberts never fails to entertain me. What, does she have a special gene or something? Is she a writing mutant? What’s with her novels that always deliver where I’m concerned?

Because with Bed of Roses she once again succeeded. This series is more than a contemporary romance, there’s a little of chick-lit in it as well, but especially it’s an ode to female friendship. One of those strong, resilient friendships that last a lifetime. Mac, Emma, Laurel
Miss Kim
Mar 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, 2009
I think Bed of Roses should have been the first book in the Bride Quartet series. I felt like the players were much fleshed out then in the first, Vision in White. I got to know them and what their feelings and wants are. I felt that lacked in VIW. In BOR, we get Emma and Jack’s story. I loved every minute of it! They’ve been like siblings since they were twelve, and in the past few years and have started noticing each other in a different way.

Emma is the florist in her quarter of Vows, the wedd
Tracie
Aug 02, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Cathy
I liked this so, so much but then the last couple of chapters sort of melted into a big puddle of drama, and I couldn't really stomach half of that. Because while I of course didn't agree with Jack, I also thought Emma and the entire gang overreacted. Jack was right in saying that he didn't cheat on her or slap her around or God knows what, but they were all acting like he'd literally stabbed her or something. Parker telling Jack "She's ready to talk to you, so I'm ready to let you talk to her." ...more
Megan
I loved so much about the friendship of the four women (and Mrs. Grady!) in this book. I always feel a little reluctant to claim that one of my favorite things about Nora Roberts's books is the strong friendships between strong women, because these books are clearly romance (not to mention clearly romantic). But I can't deny that my very favorite scene in this book was when the five women were discussing prior kisses (or prior lacks of kisses) from Jack.

As for the romance itself, I was sailing a
Jane
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I have all four of this series on my Kobo from the library and I'm going to finish them but I'm feeling suffocated in fondant and flower petals.

There's zero suspense. Zero. I knew from book two who all four would end up with (over what, a period of a year?) To get the smexing in, they hook up pretty soon in the book, then of course there's a misunderstanding...I'm just about to start book three but I imagine it'll be the same.

This book. Oh boy. Lost all respect for Emma when she had a major melt
Teryl
Ok, I would have given this a 4 because of the emotion I felt between Emma and Jack, BUT all the damn wedding and flower talk bumped it down for me. Way too much of that going on. Loved Jack and Emma though...great couple.
Obsidian
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-2017
Wow, I totally forgot how much I disliked the heroine in book #2 until my re-read. Oh Emma, so perfect but a total jerk (I thought) Emma. Who even though she keeps telling her love interest (Jack) things are fine, throws a fit when he doesn't treat her like his girlfriend. And I ended up loathing the other characters in this book who decided that well they couldn't be friends with Jack anymore since Emma was so hurt. What are you? Teenagers? Who does mess like this? I actually booed when the HEA ...more
Mireille
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016, romance
I think I wanted about a hundred more pages for Jack to really agree to committing. Of course all romances need to end with an engagement, apparently, but I think his concerns about not wanting to be so involved were worthy, too, and I wish they had tackled the subject slowly, getting him more and more comfortable with Emma having a presence in his life, until he realizes that yes, they are basically married already. (view spoiler) ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, romance, steamy
This book does, indeed, feature another partner in the Vows partnership. Emma does flowers. She loves them even when they don't love her back and she ends up using Neosporin like hand cream. I really wasn't expecting the emotional payoff at the end of this book and found myself crying in the middle of the night as I finished it. The good kind of crying...

Besides flowers, Emma is also the heart of Vows. She truly cares about everybody and often plays the role of peacemaker among her friends. It w
Melissa
Mar 17, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-owned
Gail
Dec 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the series of four friends who run an upscale wedding business. Emma comes from a happy home and is the nicest of the four girls. She's the florist and she is in love with family friend, Jack Cooke. He's an architect and best friend of the brother of one of the other women in the quartet.

Friends who fall in love. Girl from a happy home falls for the guarded bachelor type guy. Boundaries, rules, and misunderstanding. Lots of romance and lust as well.

The details about wedding fl
Love Fool
Nov 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
n Bed of Roses, florist Emma Grant is finding career success with her friends at Vows wedding planning company, and her love life appears to be thriving. Though men swarm around her, she still hasn’t found Mr. Right. And the last place she’s looking is right under her nose.

Okay, this was a little cheesier than I would have liked but that is Emma Grant and frankly I ate up the cheese as if it was brie. I love the friendships and their business... and I am enjoying reading how each find love. Mayb
Kris - My Novelesque Life
2.5 STARS

Pretty much the same as Vision in White...Vows is doing well, Carter and Mac are in love and doing excellent and the remaining gals are looking for love...still. This time Carter is played by romantic Emma and Mac is played by Jack, commitment-phobic. Flirting ensues, a big misunderstanding, wooing and forgiveness and finally happily ever after.
Chitra *CJ*
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Bed of Roses" is the story of Jack and Emma.
Emma is the romantic out of her group of four- she's always been searching for her perfect man and HEA and wants the love story like her parents. She's kissed her fair share of frogs, but ultimately finds her one true love in Jake, Parkers' brother Del's friend.
Jake has always been around Emma, but one day the chemistry becomes too hard to ignore and they decide to give these sparks a chance, at the same time falling for one another.
To say I struggled
Más libros para Latinoamérica 1 2 Jul 18, 2015 08:27AM
Nora Roberts Grou...: Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2) 50 172 Jul 12, 2010 03:04PM
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • The Lost (In Death, #29.5)
  • Delicious (Buchanans, #1)
  • Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas, #4)
More about Nora Roberts

Bride Quartet (4 books)
  • Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1)
  • Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)
  • Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • To Dream (The Broken Roads #4)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Ghouls Rush In (Peyton Clark, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • To Trust (The Broken Roads #1)
  • A Falling Star
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Just Grace (Oklahoma Land Rush, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Nailed (Worked Up, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Montana Cherries (Montana Wildes, #1)
  • The Lake House
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Velvet (The Promised Land #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fated (Servants of Fate, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Emma's Folly (Oklahoma Land Rush, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Redemption (The Love's Valley #4)
  • In the Cards
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tilly (The Drifters & Dreamers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“Broken hearts healed. Maybe the cracks were always there, like thin scars, but they healed. People lived and worked, laughed and ate, walked and talked with those cracks

For many, even the scars healed and they loved again.”
252 likes
“ A woman with romance in her life lived as grandly as a queen, because her heart was treasured.” 133 likes