Start by marking “A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories” as Want to Read:
A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories

A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories

Published March 30th 2011 (first published July 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories

Start your review of A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories
Reviews May Vary
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
ReRead in anticipation of a play version coming to town later this year. I have no memory of most of these stories, some of which I don't get. And I've forgotten many of them again already. Mostly meh. ...more
Mary
Apr 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Never disappoints!

Beatrix Potter has been one of my favorite authors since I was a little girl!!! This compilation doesn’t disappoint. The only bummer is the Tale of squirrel Nutkin is not included in this book. But it’s still worth the read!
Krissy
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this to the eoit. He's fell asleep during the majority of the stories, but that's what I wanted. :)

We read this as an ebook, but this is the version that the page numbers line up with.

From my review of the other version:

02/16 "We read "The Tale of Mr. Tod." well, i read half of it out loud, and the EOiT fell asleep before I got that far."
02/10 "We read "In Remembrance of 'Sammy'...The Roly-Poly Pudding""
02/09 "We read The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
Cee Martinez
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming and timeless

These stories for children never get old. A full range of charming English wild and farm animals are the main characters in these tales written by Beatrix Potter. These stories are perfect for young children. The characters are well fleshed out and the villains, although animals, are as real as human ones which make some of these good as cautionary tales.
Crystal
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I never tire of this wonderful collection. I listened to it in audible format but still felt the same, minus the illustrations, but I also have that one, too. My favorite is Peter Rabbit, of course! These are stories I have read and reread over the years around the spring holiday season. Recommend for young and old alike. It will wake up the inner child in you.
Connie
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have always enjoyed these books as a child and now have the joy of reading them to my little one. He loved them and has shown more interest in these books than any previously read to him. :) Love it, love it, love it.
Sarah E Mudge
Oct 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great read

A great endearing collection of stories. It was a fun nostalgic read for me personally; having grown up with several of these stories. But also, it was a true joy to read them to my baby girl.
Kelly Walton
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of the classic Beatrix Potter characters. Really enjoyed this collection of stories & the illustrations too.
Katie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful book.
Tena Mae Holmgren
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute little read

Cute little stories and really caught the attention of my 4 year old. Not too long, but long enough for a good read
Nick Stumpos
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
it took me 12 hours of reading and this delightful children's collection but I met my 2017 challenge! good book for kids of all ages ...more
Susan Strayer
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, audiobook
Cute. It's about time I read this. ...more
Don Henwood
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book. Every child should read these stories
**✿❀ Maki ❀✿**
Half of the fun of Beatrix Potter stories are the gorgeous illustrations. Unfortunately, my Kindle is old and decrepit by today's standards, and refused to show any images. I'm assuming they're there, at least.

The stories themselves were great, though. Along with the more famous stories - like the tales of Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddleduck - the collection also contained a few that I hadn't managed to find physical copies of back when I actually had the books.

I was glad to find a decent selecti
JoAnne
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CLASSIC!
Teri Lenz
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marvelous

Potter takes us back to a simple time, when animation comes alive on the page. Recommended to have this on hand for story time wherever you are or for a moment's escape.
Jamie
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
I enjoyed revisiting some of my old favorites, but I also thought some of the stories were too long.
Justine Hail
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A rhythmic read, Beatrix Potter's stories show a weirdly wonderful slice of animal life. ...more
Lesley
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beatrix Potter stories never get old. Beautiful watercolor illustrations and wonderful characters, quintessentially English. For adults and children.
Beatrice Drury
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful stories. In some instances very British in tone. I could picture the animals in all there clothing and in different situations.
Shannon Ann Bliesner
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The short stories in this book were very cute, some of the stories i was familiar with while others were completely new to me. I enjoyed reading the stories to my kids.
Suzan (Suus Leest)
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I actually read a different version of these stories (Wordsworth Classics), but that collection is not (yet) on goodreads.
suellen johnson
Dec 25, 2015

• Fairy Tales Every Child Should Know
  • Bedtime Little Bear
  • Billie Was a Black Woman
  • App Storm: Best Kindle Fire Apps, a Torrent of Games, Tools, and Learning Applications, Free and Paid, for Young and Old
  • The Mystery of the Missing Money (The Mystery Series, Short Story, #1)
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other Stories
  • 100 Jokes for Kids
  • The Mysteries of Udolpho
  • Weird Stories
  • The Murders in the Rue Morgue: The Dupin Tales (C. Auguste Dupin, #1-3)
  • The Aspern Papers
  • The Wild Ass's Skin
  • Il doppio regno
  • The Civilization of the Renaissance in Italy
  • The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye
  • A Harlot High and Low
  • The Figure in the Carpet
  • Twilight Stories
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who is best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a wealthy household, Potter was educated by governesses and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets, and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District, developed a love of landsc