Start by marking “A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories” as Want to Read:
A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories

A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories

Published March 30th 2011 (first published July 13th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories

Start your review of A Collection of Beatrix Potter Stories
Reviews May Vary
May 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-books
ReRead in anticipation of a play version coming to town later this year. I have no memory of most of these stories, some of which I don't get. And I've forgotten many of them again already. Mostly meh.
Krissy
Feb 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed reading this to the eoit. He's fell asleep during the majority of the stories, but that's what I wanted. :)

We read this as an ebook, but this is the version that the page numbers line up with.

From my review of the other version:

02/16 "We read "The Tale of Mr. Tod." well, i read half of it out loud, and the EOiT fell asleep before I got that far."
02/10 "We read "In Remembrance of 'Sammy'...The Roly-Poly Pudding""
02/09 "We read The Tale of Peter Rabbit, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
Cee Martinez
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming and timeless

These stories for children never get old. A full range of charming English wild and farm animals are the main characters in these tales written by Beatrix Potter. These stories are perfect for young children. The characters are well fleshed out and the villains, although animals, are as real as human ones which make some of these good as cautionary tales.
Connie
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Have always enjoyed these books as a child and now have the joy of reading them to my little one. He loved them and has shown more interest in these books than any previously read to him. :) Love it, love it, love it.
Katie
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful book.
Tena Mae Holmgren
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute little read

Cute little stories and really caught the attention of my 4 year old. Not too long, but long enough for a good read
Nick Stumpos
Dec 31, 2017 rated it liked it
it took me 12 hours of reading and this delightful children's collection but I met my 2017 challenge! good book for kids of all ages
Susan Strayer
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, audiobook
Cute. It's about time I read this.
Don Henwood
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book. Every child should read these stories
**✿❀ Maki ❀✿**
Half of the fun of Beatrix Potter stories are the gorgeous illustrations. Unfortunately, my Kindle is old and decrepit by today's standards, and refused to show any images. I'm assuming they're there, at least.

The stories themselves were great, though. Along with the more famous stories - like the tales of Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddleduck - the collection also contained a few that I hadn't managed to find physical copies of back when I actually had the books.

I was glad to find a decent selecti
JoAnne
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CLASSIC!
Teri Lenz
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marvelous

Potter takes us back to a simple time, when animation comes alive on the page. Recommended to have this on hand for story time wherever you are or for a moment's escape.
Jamie
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
I enjoyed revisiting some of my old favorites, but I also thought some of the stories were too long.
Justine Hail
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A rhythmic read, Beatrix Potter's stories show a weirdly wonderful slice of animal life.
Lesley
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beatrix Potter stories never get old. Beautiful watercolor illustrations and wonderful characters, quintessentially English. For adults and children.
Beatrice Drury
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful stories. In some instances very British in tone. I could picture the animals in all there clothing and in different situations.
Shannon Ann Bliesner
Dec 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
The short stories in this book were very cute, some of the stories i was familiar with while others were completely new to me. I enjoyed reading the stories to my kids.
Suzan (Suus Leest)
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I actually read a different version of these stories (Wordsworth Classics), but that collection is not (yet) on goodreads.
suellen johnson

• The Gift of the Magi and Other Short Stories
  • The Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe Volume 5
  • Short Stories by Edgar Allan Poe
  • Cinderella
  • The Joy Luck Club (Oxford Bookworms Library: Stage 6 Reader)
  • Breasts and Eggs
  • Children's Ghost Stories: Classic spine-chillers by Charles Dickens, Washington Irving and William Shakespeare retold, with ghastly jokes and much more
  • Grimm's Fairy Stories
  • Rapunzel
  • The Legends of King Arthur and His Knights
  • Afterlife with Archie #5: Escape From Riverdale
  • Christmas Stories for Kids
  • Afterlife With Archie Magazine #4
  • To My Daughter: Love and Encouragement to Carry with You on Your Journey Through Life
  • Vernon God Little
  • The Light Princess
  • The Night Before Christmas and Other Popular Stories For Children
Helen Beatrix Potter was an English author, illustrator, mycologist, and conservationist who is best known for her children's books, which featured animal characters such as Peter Rabbit.

Born into a wealthy household, Potter was educated by governesses and grew up isolated from other children. She had numerous pets, and through holidays in Scotland and the Lake District, developed a love of landsc