Start by marking “Slave (Finding Anna, #1)” as Want to Read:

Slave

(Finding Anna #1)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  7,237 Ratings  ·  604 Reviews
***Book 1 of a 4 book series***

Stephan Coleman knows what his future holds as the president of a not-for-profit foundation and he knows what he wants out of life. All that changes when a simple lunch with his college friend, mentor, and fellow Dominant, Daren, leads him to buying a slave.
Thrust into a situation he never thought he’d be in, Stephan can’t walk away. He is co
Published July 1st 2011 by The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about Slave, please sign up.
Rose There is no need to be rude. Amazon offers online reading for Kindle Unlimited for quite a few of their books. Not sure if this is on there, but that…moreThere is no need to be rude. Amazon offers online reading for Kindle Unlimited for quite a few of their books. Not sure if this is on there, but that is a good choice. Also check out your library online, sometimes they can have good stuff in their electronic resources.(less)
Sherri Hayes Currently there isn't an audio version of Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4). The publisher decided against producing audio for this one due to cost. I am…moreCurrently there isn't an audio version of Trust (Finding Anna, Book 4). The publisher decided against producing audio for this one due to cost. I am hoping once I get my rights back to the series I will be able to have it produced.(less)

~ Becs ~
When I first read the synopsis: a rich, handsome philanthropic young man, heavily into D/s acquires a young lady to keep as his submissive in his apartment, I was thinking "Are the Shades of Fifty to be thus polluted"? But I was wrong, very wrong.

This book is absolutely nothing like Fifty Shades - there is no BDSM, hardly any sex and it's not an erotic romance. It's a story of a damsel deep in distress being rescued by a knight in shining armour. It's beautiful but deeply disturbing.

Stephan is
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Adult review for taboo content.

Curiouser and curiouser...

For a book about sexual slavery, it's actually sort of funny how there was not even one full sex scene. HAH. How's that for writing around a subject?

Maybe I'm feeling extra generous in giving this book 4 stars because I did have moments where I felt like the characters were paper cutouts of real life characters. Maybe I shouldn't have enjoyed a book so much in which the main character was so childlike (barely legal, yet had the emotional
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (11/14/2016)

Book 1 of 4. Series complete.

BLURB:
Stephan has lived the lifestyle of a Dominant for five years. After several rebellious teenage years, it gave him the stability and control he had been seeking after his parent's death. As president of a not-for-profit foundation, he knows what his future holds and what he wants out of life. All that changes when a simple lunch with his college friend and mentor, Daren, leads him to buying a slave.

Thrust into a situation he
Elvirina_nelly
Jan 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
I read this book a while back and it has taken me some time to come to terms with the contents.

Frankly I think the plot is appalling and misleading to what BDSM really is. That he liberates Anna from her captor/owner, is of course very noble and what any man/woman with the means should do, but what follows makes me want to gag.

Being a submissive is all about choice so how can a man that is a fully fledged Dom keep a sold/abducted girl as a submissive like this, thinking that he is equipped to
Penny
I did like it.

I just I don't think that anything has been solved, everything is as open as in the beginning of the story. Also, I am conflicted about Stephan taking upon himself alone the responsibility of "saving" Brianna.

Book 2: Need
Book 3: Truth
Book 4: Trust
Wynne Katherine
Jul 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf

Sorry. I was bored.

There seems to be a whole lot of conversations and scenes of them eating but no sex. And seeing that this book was listed as "Erotica" I was expecting quite a shit load of sex. But nope. There's barely any.

And why does this book kinda feel like reading FSOG all over again?

Anyway, long story short : I got bored. I couldn't finish it. Writing was repetitive and boring. This book was a waste of time. And it seems like them boobs and vagina hasn't been doing it for me lately sinc
Sana
2.5 stars.

This book annoyed the fuck out of me. Like literally I want to rip the hair out of my head bc this fucking book annoyed. The. shit. Out. Of. Me. No. Joke.

rtc once I'm on my laptop boi.
Riane Kinky Book Reviews
Sep 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
I honestly enjoyed this book but giving it a review is not the easiest thing to do. Some books are easy to review just by asking yourself if you enjoyed it, what parts you liked and what you didn’t, how easy the book was to read, and then write it all down and give it a rating. However, with a book such as this one, it’s a bit more involved because the story itself is not as straight forward. Reading and reviewing this story requires more thought and decision work than most.
Let me first make it
Willow Madison
Nov 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
I'll try to make this brief because I wasted enough time on this crap: NO SEX. NO STORY.

Here's the whole book in a nutshell -- Poor Anna is a 19-yr old mindless idiot, broken from the last 10 months spent as a slave to an abusive and sadistic Master (you can see why I wanted to read this, eh). She's bought by a kind and gentle Dom who is just as mindless and idiotic. We know they are both mindless idiots from the dual POV. The rest of the book is one looooong scene of this:

inside Anna's empty he
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This is a new to me author, Ms. Hayes. I heard good reviews about this book. Specifically, it showed from a Dom's point of view. This interested me and I finally read it last night. I really like this book. The switching between Stephen (Dom) and Brianna (slave) was good for me in this book. Generally, I don't like the flipping of POV. I want it from just one person's perspective. Flipping back and forth is annoying in most cases and sloppy. I particularly liked how each chapter denoted if it wa ...more
Sandra
This is only the first installment of what appears to be a series of books. First off, this was originally a Twilight fanfic that ended in pretty much the same spot as this book. And other than names and places, I couldn't find much different in this published version.

Brianna (Anna) is a young woman in a horrible situation. Stephan is made aware of the horrors and decides to rescue her by purchasing her from her current 'owner'. The subject of involuntary slavery and human trafficking is touche
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, bdsm

4 Saving Stars!!!!

I read Slave in August of 2012, but I never wrote a review (I know it’s before I started to write reviews), so with that said, I reread it and well.. .Slave is a really unique read that doesn’t get enough attention.

If you are into the “damsel-in-distress” type of read, (WHICH I AM SO INTO!) then, Slave is for you

I HAVE to put this disclaimer… because TONS of you will ask me if this is like Captive and I have to say, not really. First off, I wasn’t a big fan of Captive. I didn
Michael Dunellen
Stop me if you have heard this before...

There is this guy. Lives in a penthouse overlooking a major metropolitan city. Rich Successful CEO. Respected but most people think he is sort of reclusive.

What the public and most of his employees/family doesn’t know is that in his penthouse he has a room where he likes nothing better than to tie up young beautiful women, teach them to submit to his will, and make mad passionate love to them in a safe, sane and very consensual manner.

Oh, almost forgot: y
Lelyana
*****SPOILER ALERT!*****
I change the stars for the love of Stephen Coleman, the perfect , most eligible bachelor, sweetest Dom in the universe!!!

"I want you, Brianna, don't doubt that...
But you will give yourself to me willingly.
If I have you, I want all of you"

I was still stare at my laptop screen after reading and didn't know what to write. Seriously!

Stephan living a BDSM life style for quite sometimes, until Daren, his mate told him to buy a slave,. He never agree of slavery, and now Dar
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: A risky endeavor, but worth a peek.
Recommended to Michelle by: Becs G 5Star review!
This sounds good, but $9 [eBook] for a new author [Amazon & B&N], I'll wait a bit.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
3 Stars

I'm so glad I read this book, and I hope not to offend any with my review. This book has me conflicted. Who am I to define the meaning of love for another? I can only define it for myself. I would not be able to love someone who considered themselves less a person than I. This is a story of love, survival and salvation.

Brianna is a slave bought by the m
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
Reviewed on Under the Covers with my girl Angela : )

Brianna is an unwilling slave. Sold to a sadistic dom who enjoys her humilation and pain he inflicts horrors on her in an effort to break her. He succeeds. Now sold to a new Master she has no idea what to expect, certainly not the kindness and compassion he shows her as he tries to heal her and gain her trust.

Both Suz and Angela read this book, here's what they had to say...

*Starts trying to use gtalk on their phones, but had to stop due to hu
Dia
2 stars

As you might know, I'm still searching for a good dark story.
This book was also free on Amazon and I had it on my Kindle for a while. I dived in expecting some pretty tough BDSM. Well let me tell you I was SO wrong. This book isn't dark, even if there were some disturbing elements, but only as the girl's memories.

Stephan was a dominant and Brianna was a slave he bought with the intention to save, but this whole book was a building trust work in progress that I got pretty bored with.

I am
Steelwhisper
1.5* but there is no way I'll be rounding this up.

The one positive thing about this book is the narrative: it is fluent, engaging, pulling the reader into the story, and the two POVs for once work, and work well. There are almost no SPaG issues, and while the prose is utilitarian, it is also doing its job. The author is a good storyteller.

With that to the negatives, and there are so many that I make this short. Like FSoG this is disrespectful of BDSM and the lifestyle. While getting a bit more r
Juls
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mind-f-ck, bdsm
At first i was really turned off by the fact that the lead female was 18. i like my couple to be age appropriate 25-40 ish range. but the more i read the more i enjoyed it. It was so much more than about sex, which there isnt any but more about healing and love and acceptance.

very pleasantly surprised for sure.
the ending was very abrupt and finding out that theres a book 2 made me understand the ending or lack there of a bit better.
Lindsey
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-freebies
Stephen is a good man and Dominant
 photo darkirish.jpg

Brianna is broken, so very broken
 photo broken-down-woman-alone.jpg
 photo blue-eyes-brown-hair-brunette-fashion-girl-Favim_com-435232_large.jpg

Although I could not put this book down and it pulled me out of my reading slump, I honestly can not justify 5 stars. Don't get me wrong, I loved this book, but something was missing. I couldn't really put my finger on his personality he was caring and sweet but I have a hard time picturing him a full blown Dom.

I am so very excited to finish this series, and with any luck it will tie up some loose ends.
(view spoiler)
Nia
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Slave is a book centered solely on the post traumatic fear experienced by a slave and how her new Master tries to help her deal with the trauma. There are no sex scenes, BDSM scenes (aside from traumatic memories), or even erotic scenes. The closest you will come to erotica are a few kisses.

With that said, I found the book to be well developed and the story interesting. The entire book is about helping Brianna (Anna) deal with making her own choices and seeing the world in a different light. Ve
Charlie
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth time I've read this and every time it breaks my heart. I love Stephen and Anna's story so much.
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 Stars

Stephan is the very young president of a not-for-profit foundation, a sexual Dominant and completely satisfied with his life. Brianna is a young, broken, *badly* damaged girl who was betrayed by someone she should have been able to trust without question and sold into sexual slavery. Two more extreme opposites could not possibly be found. When Stephan is lead into purchasing Brianna in order to rescue her from her sadistic master, the lives of these
Jen
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I devoured this book in one day..I really enjoyed it and my heart broke for Breanna. She was taken into captivity by a man named Ian for ten months. She was treated brutally and became so traumatized as a result. A man name Stephan buys her from Ian and she doesn't realize he bought her to help her not hurt her.
The book continues on with what Breanna and Stephan go through on a daily basis with trying to heal Breanna. Stephan is into the BDSM lifestyle and would like to have Breanna follow him i
 Lady Krishna
Sep 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is originally posted in Journey with Books

Slave is the first installment in Finding Ana series and this is also the first book I've read from Ms. Sherri Hayes. I can say that I'm definitely happy to read an emotional and well written fiction.

Before I accepted this book, I've read the other reviews on Goodreads first. I read a lot and I became intrigued and fascinated by this book because of the reviews.

This is not your typical BDSM themed romance because it's a lot deeper than that
Brittany B.
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A well-written, clean and sweet sex-slave story? Oxymoronic, but true.

The hero is a dominant male who rescues a very mentally and physically broken woman. At 17, the girl was sold as an unwilling sex slave. When we pick up the story 18 yr old Brianna has been tortured and abused for 10 months. Stephen, the unquestionable Hero of this story, has learned of the existence of an unwilling slave and purchases her from her "master". He intends to help her, to free her, but he never expected her to be
Juliet
Aug 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: crap
This is a book about a man who buys a trafficked young woman and keeps her prisoner in his service. Sure, he appears to have some sort of misguided noble intentions, but that hardly justifies his actions. Even more horrifying, not one of his friends seems to have an f-ing clue that this guy is anything but a hero or that the young woman would benefit from, you know, not being kept prisoner. It's also poorly written with randomly misplaced punctuation. If I'd known it was Twilight fanfic, I doubt ...more
Sassafrass
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sassafrass by: Debbie
It's so hard to rate this book, but I went with 4.5 stars in the end.

I absolutely devoured this book, I will most likely read it again at some point. It was much different than I thought it would be. I had no idea how emotionally connected I would be to Brianna and Stephan. The horrors that Anna suffered at the hands of her forced Master were horrible, and we just got a small glimpse of them.

I was sad that the book ended where it did. I understand that it's part of a series but I would have like
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Spoiler Whore-Momoa by: Taryn Cellucci
Shelves: sherri-hayes

First I would love to thank the wonderful Taryn Cellucci for this gift. You're the best T!

Characters: Brianna and Stephan

I've never read a story like this about BDSM. This story shows how the bad side of BDSM can affect a person. Person: Brianna. We really don't get how she got to where she was until Stephan bought her. But she thinks herself as a slave. She's broken, doesn't trust anyone and is emotional and physically scarred. Stephan tries to help Brianna to come out of her mental s
❤️ Paulette
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sherri-hayes
I wasn't sure what category to put this book in

This book was nothing like i thought it would be i did enjoy it.
The book is told from both the hero(Stephan) and the heroines (Brianna)
loved Stephan when he found out Brianna who was owned by Ian and he used her cruelly, broken bones, bruises & shared with many men. Stephan bought her to save her but, he couldn't let go of her but, did offer to let her go if she wanted to at the end of the book. Stephan was good for Brianna and Brianna was fea
Fifty Shades of R...: Memorial Weekend Giveaway 1 11 May 22, 2015 05:14PM
Turning Pages At ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Giveaway Memorial Weekend 1 8 May 22, 2015 05:06PM
I want another book like this. Suggestions... 4 27 May 13, 2015 09:02AM
  • Tender Mercies
  • Generational Sins (Generational Sins, #1)
  • Mistakes (Mistakes Trilogy, #1)
  • Judgment (Judgment, #1)
  • Obsession: Girl Abducted
  • Burn for You (Club Mephisto, #2)
  • In His Arms
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • The Forbidden Room (The Forbidden Room, #1)
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
  • Old Wounds (Old Wounds, #1)
  • Sacred Secrets (Chronicles of Surrender, #1)
  • Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)
  • Abduction
Sherri spent most of her childhood detesting English class. It was one of her least favorite subjects because she never seemed to fit into the standard mold. She wasn't good at spelling, or following grammar rules, and outlines made her head spin. For that reason, Sherri never imagined becoming an author.
At the age of thirty, all of that changed. After getting frustrated with the direction a telev

Finding Anna (4 books)
  • Need (Finding Anna, #2)
  • Truth (Finding Anna, #3)
  • Trust (Finding Anna, #4)
“Brianna, I don’t care about the food. It can rot here in the middle of the store for all I care. Do you want to finish shopping or do you wish to go home?” 6 likes
“i pull her closer to me and tucked her head beneath my chin. She lean in to me,and i though i felt her release a small sigh.''I would never let anything happen to you''.” 4 likes