Start by marking “Hidden Talents (Hidden, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Talents (Hidden, #1)

Hidden Talents (Hidden #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  1,145 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
Resurrection, NY is America’s only supernatural friendly town, built on an outfolded pocket of Faerie. Werewolf cop Adam Santini is sworn to protect and serve all of Resurrection’s races - including unsuspecting human Talents who wander in from Outside.

Ari stumbles into Adam’s town from the Big Apple. She’s hot on the trail of a mysterious crime boss who wants to exploit
Published June 26th 2011 by self published (first published June 25th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Talents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Talents

Ally
This is not for the feint of heart, ok?

ready

Let's not forget that Emma Holly writes weird (to me) erotica. Like you need to remember this before you read the book, ok?

Setting / Time / Genre: Current, paranormal

Series: Yep

Sexy times: OMG. Just OMG. And I can't even tell you they were the kind of sexy times that made me get fluttery. Just not my bag, baby?

not my bag

I know for a fact, I am not prudish. But this kinda sexy times? Ack.

Plan on reading more by the author: No

Why it did or didn't work for me: Dude,
Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell
Emma Holly is the undisputed queen of female erotica with a great story behind it. Hidden Talents is another notch on her belt of tremendously sexy reads. Once again she has created a unique and fascinating world with wonderfully intriguing characters who take their sexual escapades to the Nth level.

Thrown out of her home as a teen by stringently religious parents, Ari found her own family on the streets. Now as an adult, Henry Blackwater, aka the Eunuch, is threatening that family. Ari has co
Shelby P
Dec 15, 2012 Shelby P rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
It's been a while since I've read an Emmy Holly book so I'd forgotten that she can write really hot and erotic M/F scenes. I've never understood the attraction between really tall guys and really short girls so I didn't quite buy Adam being that attracted to Ari, but that's just me. Adam also didn't come across as 39 to Ari's twenty-something.

Somewhere along the line I lost interest. There was a lot of sex scenes (not full intercourse) in the beginning and although hot, it took away from the sto
Vivian
Dec 09, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: own, freebies
The concept is better than the execution, but I enjoyed the premise. Oddly enough, the raw mix of immature yet jaded in the portrayal of the heroine worked. Her prosaic and optimistic character was intriguing. Sure the book is not perfect; it could use editing, but is enjoyable.
AH
Allromance 12 days of Christmas free download.

3.0 stars...OK read

I guess this type of book is not for me. I checked through my notes and noticed that I wrote "a lot of bodily fluids are exchanged."

I did enjoy the supernatural elements, especially the author's take on gargoyles.

Joyfully Reviewed
Feb 19, 2012 Joyfully Reviewed rated it it was amazing
Hidden Talents is a Joyfully Recommended Read

Ari is a woman on a mission and that mission is to make sure her ex-boss can no longer hurt her friends. Ari is a telekinetic who ended up working for Henry Blackwater, aka Eunuch, in order to get herself and her friends off the streets. Not needing to do the type of work Henry wanted anymore, Ari quit and refused to go back to work for Henry. His response was to hurt those she loves and Ari is not having it.

Adam Santini is a lieutenant over his team
jD
This baby had it all! Resurrection, NY is a wild ride for the imagination. The city exist in a pocket of space hidden by the fae and provides a place for supernatural beings to live side-by-side in peace and tranquility. Of course, every city still needs law and order to keep everybody honest, enter our hero -- Adam Santini. He is the werewolf pack leader and the head of the police. Adam is an honest wolf just trying to keep his city's version of lawful behavior. He goes out on a call about the ...more
WildAboutBones
Aug 10, 2011 WildAboutBones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emma Holly has created a wonderful new world with Hidden Talents. Werewolves, gargoyles, elves, fae, vampires, demons and talents abound in this humorous and hot paranormal romance with a dash of fantasy. Holly's characters are vibrant and sexy.

Ari has been on her own for nine years, ever since she was kicked out at seventeen for having supernatural talents. Forced to work for a drug kingpin in exchange for keeping her friends safe, Ari has had enough and has come to the city of Resurrection to
Kelly
*fans self* I'm going to go on record as saying that this book is hot enough that you might not want to read it in public. There's a distinct possibility that it made *me* blush a time or two. And that's saying a lot because I read sexy shifter books every chance I get. *fans self again*

First off, I have a definite love for that whole "mine" thing that shifters do. I just adore it. So when Adam catches Ari's scent and goes all growly, I might have swooned a bit. And then they get physical and...
Heather in FL
Another PNR... I have stayed away from PNR lately. I think I got burned out. But this was a really good introduction to a series. An interesting new world. Resurrection, New York, is a magical place, and Ari has come there to try to make The Eunuch leave her and her friends alone. The Eunuch collects people who can do magic in the normal world, drains them, and then more or less disposes of them. He wants Ari to work for him, but Ari isn't interested, so the Eunuch puts pressure on her by gettin ...more
Tamara
Jun 28, 2011 Tamara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Can I have 6 stars? I always love Emma, but this book was awesome! As usual Hot and Sexy, but really good story also.
This is a new world for Emma, Revolution NY, A pocket of Fae created magic that houses paranormals. A mostly werewolf police force, Magic that has to be licensed, Gargoyles, Demons, sorcerers oh my! I do so hope this will be the start of a new series, because the secondary characters were wonderful and they are telling me they need stories too! Rick, Grant, and all the guys need t
Sassy
Aug 10, 2012 Sassy rated it really liked it

Hidden Talents is the first in the Hidden Series by Emma Holly, where we meet our Heroine, Ari. She feels, and knows that with her special 'gifts' that she is different from other people and some people avoid her making her feel left out and unwanted. She is being used by a very evil man and decides to hide away from him and his evil ways.

Enter our Hero, Adam. Adam is a Lieutenant on the Police force and is also a very Hot, hunky Alpha of his were pack.

I enjoyed this story, which was a differen
Akaria Gale
Dec 29, 2011 Akaria Gale rated it liked it
Scorching hot with great characters. I loved the RPD and hope to see the yummy wolves again. Especially Nate. I liked how Resurrection is a kitchen sink of the supernatural with weres, fae, vampires, elves and even a unicorn.

The romance between Adam and Ari was standard but well done. Ari was a heroine I could root for. Gutsy without the TSTL and just enough angst. Adam made a nice alpha. Possessive without being ridiculously over the top. He loved Ari but didn't forget about his cop responsibi
Kim
Jan 06, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2015
I don't have much to say here. I found this in my library. I know I bought it a while ago, but I had it marked as unread. So, I gave it a try. As I read, parts of it seemed familiar. Things like the roommate with the broken hands and Grant the gargoyle. The overall story didn't spark a memory, but I'm pretty sure I read this previously.

So, Adam really didn't seem like an alpha werewolf. And Ari was just okay. This in-between world was kind of odd. I don't know. It just wasn't memorable for me.
Summer
Another great interesting and different paranormal world. I love this community that was created and look forward to reading other books taking palce here.

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
MostlyDelores
Jan 14, 2012 MostlyDelores rated it really liked it
Second read and I liked it just as much. I liked it better than most of the other Emma Holly books that I've read -- they are very well done and extremely erotic, but this book is somehow lighter and more fun to read with great world-building and likable characters. It would have been a five star read if not for Ari's giant pile of woe-is-me and making Adam chase her to New York.
Brenda (b)
This was an interesting story, but it didn't feel anything more than average to me. I liked Adam, but Ari didn't interest me very much. After finishing the story I didn't have a desire to read any more from the series.
Amelia
Apr 30, 2013 Amelia rated it really liked it
Emma Holly's books always revs me up and this was no exception.

Loved Adam. Such a hot, alpha, werewolfy type guy.

Loved Ari. Independent, desperate to be loved.

Can't wait to start the next in the series...

P/S: Sex scenes were H-O-T!
MLE
Aug 14, 2013 MLE rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lendle
Fun, sexy, and just a bit trashy just what I was in the mood for. Love reading a het romance where the female lead isn't a complete pushover.
Jensterama
4 star writing but I demoted to 3 stars because of all the typos.
Kathy Davie
Jun 20, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it
First in the Hidden erotic paranormal romance series revolving around the hardly seen town of Resurrection in upstate New York, technically. The couple focus is on Ari and Adam.

My Take
Oh, this was too sweet and too much fun! There's a nice fairy tale quality in this story and I'm hoping I can find the next in the series, Hidden Depths . Holly grabs us in with Tony's upset over his beignets and West's torture and you won't get out until you finish. It's a quick read. A good thing as you won't wa
Mary  Pamela
Feb 19, 2016 Mary Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Hidden Talents" by Emma Holly, (Queen of Paranormal Romances) began with a mystery. Ari was bad news with a capital B, and she was gunning for the Eunuch. The story right away tells/shows us Ari's goal: to punish the man who hurt one of her friends, and may or may not have done something to another friend who is currently missing. Ari is tired of looking over her shoulder, and wants to use her gift to vanquish the villain. We, as readers are along for the ride, because we want to know how this ...more
Kazza
Jan 31, 2012 Kazza rated it really liked it
This book should have been a first in a series of the supes of Ressurection. There are some great characters that are lurking, waiting for their voice too. So I hope there is more in store for team Resurrection.

Adam, what a sexy alpha werewolf. I liked his character a lot - sensitive, strong, brave, honest as the day is long, big cock. What's not to like here? Adam is with the Resurrection Police Department, as are his cousins, that patrol and keep the peace in their quirky pocket of NY. He reco
Christine
Jul 17, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
See my review on http://www.paperbackdolls.com

Hidden Talents is the perfect package of Supes, romance, mystery and HEA!

When Ari tracks her gangland boss, Henry Blackwater aka The Eunuch, to Resurrection, NY, the last thing she expects to find is true love let alone werewolves, fairies, talking gargoyles, elves, vampires and sorcerers. Adam Santini is a police detective for the Resurrection PD who also happens to be a werewolf Alpha in charge of protecting the cit
Disneygal
3-3.5 stars

I'm a big Emma Holly fan, and I read "Hidden Depths" and it's mini-sequel story before reading this one. I wasn't so sure about werewolves and the whole "bubble" of the hidden city thing. But, again, I love Emma Holly, so I took a chance.

Admittedly, I found myself a bit more on the disbelief side, probably because Ari and the supernatural Resurrection, NY both straddle the normal and paranormal worlds. And Ari is supposed to be a novice, mostly unaware of her powers and how to use the
Sally
May 14, 2012 Sally rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr, read-2012
Hidden Talents is set in a town called Resurrection, NY that is for all those that are paranormal in some shape of form and even some humans whom have an element of a mystical gift also known as a talent.

Adam is the Alpha werewolf and a Lieutenant in RPD. His world gets turned upside down when a human with more of a magical element than desired is caught infiltrating Resurrection and demanding to see the Eunuch. He too has an interest in the Eunuch and is also intrigued to find out if he has fin
Kelly % Books-n-Kisses
Jul 02, 2011 Kelly % Books-n-Kisses rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Emma Holly for asking me to review her newest book Hidden Talents.

In Hidden Talents we meet Ari a young woman who knows she is different than her peers, but she doesn’t know just how different she really is. Being different is not always a good thing, not when the thing that makes you different is wanted by evil. The Talent that Ari has has caught the attention of a very bad man, who wants Ari do to very bad things. When Ari decides enough is enough she learns that no matter how mu
Melindeeloo
I admit I am a bit schitzo, I read this freebie short by Emma Holly and even though her stuff generally falls more on the erotic side of what I normally read, the story underneath was interesting and I ended up really liking Hidden Talents despite the fact that it has pretty much all the fluids and words that normal bug me in the more EPNR stuff.

I was actually surprised how much story Holly still managed to squeeze between the steamy stuff, but then again since this was free I was thinking that
Aine Massie
Dec 26, 2011 Aine Massie rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-wins
Emma Holly’s Hidden Talents contains a wonderful mix of reality and fantasy/paranormal creatures and events. Ari and Adam are your key characters and WOW, are they hot together.

When telekinetic and healer, Ari, tracks the vile Eunuch to the pocket-reality / town Resurrection, NY, she meets Adam, the Alpha Were and lead detective for the RPD. The intro scene with the Were’s is too funny (who knew were’s could be so amusing and petty at the same time – oh and do NOT pig out on the donuts, lol)

In
Sassafrass
This was a pretty decent book with the supernatural coming all together in alternate/parallel world that's along side the regular. Only certain people can cross between worlds and Ari is one of them because she's got natural magic termed Talent.

She's out for vengeance because she needs to protect her best friends in the world so she's going after a mob boss kind of guy named the Eunuch. He's named that because apparently he sold his soul to a Demon in order to get power.

Anyway while trying to fi
  • Bodywork (The Works, #1)
  • New Year's Kiss (Wolf’s Heritage, #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can
  • The Perfect Score
  • Zakia and the Cowboy (Thunder Creek Ranch #1)
  • Escaped (Running In Fear, #1)
  • Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5)
  • Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)
  • The Battle Lord's Lady (Battle Lord Saga, #1)
  • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
  • Declan and Tori (The Hunters, #1)
  • Taken by the Cowboy
  • Bound in Sin (Bound, #3)
  • A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6)
  • Beneath the Neon Moon
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • She Wolf (True Mates, #1)
I'm a USA Today bestselling author who LOVES the hot stuff, both to read and to write. My favorite obsessions are all things coffee, almost everything on HGTV, and dreaming up new stories.
More about Emma Holly...

Hidden (7 books)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • Hidden Depths (Hidden, #3)
  • Move Me (Hidden, #4)
  • Hidden Dragons (Hidden, #5)
  • Winter's Tale (Hidden, #6)
  • Hidden Passions (Hidden, #7)