Start by marking “Whispers” as Want to Read:
Whispers

Whispers

A collection of two short stories, and a memoir vignette.

These three tales range in setting from the lonely solitude of a high mountain trail, to a quiet suburban neighborhood, to the stress-filled halls of a Childrens hospital.

In THE SIMPLEST OF SOUNDS a young boy faces his fears and the end of his childhood over the barrel of a gun.

WHITE SHUTTERS is the story of a mother
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers

Amy Celznick
Loved it. I really enjoy Travis's storytelling.
Ryan McSwain
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This ebook contains three stories, two being fictional and one a memoir. The three pieces are very different, but I feel they complement each other well in this collection.

The first story, The Simplest of Sounds, is a first-person present account of a man coming to grips with a terrible incident from his youth. It flows well, and I appreciated that the author assumed I could follow the transitions between a hunting trip in the present and a life-changing night taking place two decades earlier.

T
Charles
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a novella length collection consisting of two stories, “The Simplest of Sounds” and “White Shutters,” and a memoir piece called “Whispers.”

All are simply outstanding. Reading them is like touching a circuit alive with electricity. The tales are told simply but with great emotional power. I normally think of thrillers when I think of page turners, but I read these straight through without stopping and kept hitting the “Next Page” button on my Kindle about as fast as my thumb would work.

I
B.E.
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Well written group of stories that tug at your emotions. The first story had me nodding my head. The second had me wanting to throttle someone. The third - a memoir piece - made me want to give the author a great big hug and then throttle some people on his behalf.
Syberyjczyk
rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2016
skw
Dec 18, 2015
McPhaul M.
May 18, 2019
I am a native Texan who now calls sunny Southern California home. Long before I figured out I wanted to be writer, I was an avid reader. I write humor books and articles about sports and music and food and anything else that strikes my fancy. But mostly I write Women’s Fiction.

Yes, I know it's a little odd for a six-foot-five, two- hundred, and too-many-pounds man to write “girly stuff” but what