Start by marking “Bryson City Seasons: More Tales of a Doctor’s Practice in the Smoky Mountains” as Want to Read:
Bryson City Seasons: More Tales of a Doctor’s Practice in the Smoky Mountains

Bryson City Seasons: More Tales of a Doctor’s Practice in the Smoky Mountains

(Bryson City)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  232 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Welcome to Bryson City, a small town tucked away in a fold of North Carolina’s Smoky Mountains. The scenery is breathtaking, the home cooking can’t be beat, the Maroon Devils football team is the pride of the town, and you won’t find better steelhead fishing anywhere. But the best part is the people you’re about to meet in the pages of Bryson City Seasons.In this joyous se ...more
Published September 27th 2005 by Zondervan (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bryson City Seasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bryson City Seasons

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Bryson City Seasons: More Tales of a Doctor’s Practice in the Smoky Mountains
Vanessa
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
additional great stories of Dr in small town. Also showed more about his family and their faith. How as a Dad and as a DR different points of view and sometimes the same about his daughter's disability.
Karol
Dec 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
In this second book in Dr. Larimore's Bryson City series, he delves more deeply into the role spirituality plays in healing. For quite awhile, I've believed that the body, soul and mind are so interconnected that you can't address healing in one aspect without considering the others. Having a Christian belief system, I understand that God created man in His image. We speak of the holy trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It is a mystery how one God can exist in three persons - but since we are ...more
Michele
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and the first one in this series. The characters are delightful to read about.
Kyrie
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: biography
It's a continuation of the story he began in Bryson City Tales. You learn more about Kate, and her medical problems. There's more of the same small town hospital and just small town stuff. Larimore gets kind of preachy in this one, but it's still an interesting story. I somehow doubt that in the midst of all this stuff he had the deep, intricate thoughts he attributes to himself. And I think both he and his wife are kind of annoying. Yet, it's like a slightly over zealous neighbor. They're inter ...more
Jennifer Allen
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed hearing of Dr. Walt's life in NC and the medical encounters he had. As a person in medicine, I learned some things, laughed, and cried as we went through the years covered in the 3 books. Highly recommended even for non-medical people as he explains things in terms everyone can understand.
Kw
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delightful, heartwarming, charming, engaging - what's not to like? I can hardly wait to find the prequel and the sequel! As the last chapter ends, the reader is aware that there is more to come, and not all of it is good!
Amber S
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Entertaining real stories about a small town doctor in North Carolina
Mindy
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
3-1/2*
Amy McPherson
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still enjoying the series. Easy read.
Sheri
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Since we have visited Bryson City a few times and it is where we spent our Honeymoon, I love hearing about the places there but in story form. I love this book and am sure I will love the series.
Janet Cline
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
continuation of a sweet story of how a new physician moves into his practice, marriage and faith.
Very well written
Shonna Froebel
This is the second in a series of books that tell of Larimore's move to the small town of Bryson City, North Carolina to serve as a family doctor and the events and characters that he encountered there. Bryson has changed identifying details to protect patient privacy, but he includes information about his own family and the issues they encounter.
Bryson City is in the Great Smoky Mountains, just outside the park, and offers a variety of experiences to a doctor that he wouldn't encounter in city
Diana
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book. As a nurse, it was interesting to read about the first times he treated someone with toxic shock sydrome, AIDS, and flesh eating bacteria. He treated people before he had even read about it in medical literature. Dr. Larimore describes the politics of medicine and the sad part is that it exists everywhere and makes life very difficult for some doctors. I didn't like the end when he describes some changes that were coming in his life. Just sounded like he wanted to write anoth ...more
Sharon
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in this series is just as delightful as book #1. Walk along with Dr. Larimore as he enhances his ways to treat patients in a medical, spiritual, and caring manner. He treats diseases, such as AIDS, that are common place today but were ground breaking and unknown then. Can't wait to begin book #3!
Bonnie
May 20, 2012 rated it liked it
What an uplifting and enjoyable read. HIs stories are fun and intersting. Lots of good upbeat storytelling. I am now ready to enjoy the 3rd in this series. The emotions he shares in his tales are full of vibrant details. His views of the surrounding beauty of the mountains help my personal reflections on hiking trips I have had in the Smokey Mountains. This was a feel good read.
Julie
Jul 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure if I did a review of the original, "Bryson City Tales" but both books were an entertaining read. If you enjoy nonfiction tales of the medical world, mixed with some wonderful Christian insight, these are the books for you.
Sharon
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Larimore just paints a picture of rural North Carolina 25 years ago. Marvelous writer, terrific stories.
Edb
Nov 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the first book because it had some of the same stories, but still very entertaining.
Loraine
Jan 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Delightful true story of a small town doctor in the Great Smokey Mountains.
Wendy
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the stories in this book even more than the first, but didn't care for the sort of cliffhanger-ish ending that left the reader without a sense of closure.
Elaine
Nov 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
(book, true accounts)
a. Again, another book about the life of Dr. Walt Larimore in and around his practice in Bryson City. – 5 STARS

Lisa
This book really touched me.
Laura Chambers
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I would gladly read book 3 if the library could find a copy via non-charging interlibrary loans, but alas it is not to be. :) I love this series.
Tom Park
Jul 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Having read his first book, B C Tales, I thought this would be good. It was fine, but he tended to rehash some of his original "tales" and was a little heavy on the medical terms.
Cathy Routh
Jun 05, 2019
Susan
Jul 17, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Bryson City Seasons 1 3 May 20, 2012 05:19PM

• Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • It All Comes Back to You
  • Crooked River (Pendergast, #19)
  • Wedding Cake
  • Sins of the Fathers (J.P. Beaumont #24)
  • Credible Threat (Ali Reynolds, #15)
  • Fresh Eggs and Dog Beds
  • The Reluctant Farmer of Whimsey Hill
  • The Amish Orphan
  • Plain Refuge (Amish Country Justice #8)
  • An Amish Mother's Secret Past (Green Mountain Blessings #3)
  • The Inheritance
  • A Misty Morning Murder (Myrtle Grove Garden Club Mystery Book 4)
  • Fresh Eggs and Dog Beds 2: Still Living the Dream in Rural Ireland
  • The A List (Ali Reynolds, #14)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • Bitter Blood: A True Story of Southern Family Pride, Madness, and Multiple Murder
  • Before He Wakes: A True Story of Money, Marriage, Sex and Murder
Dr. Larimore is one of America’s best-known family physicians and is listed in the Best Doctors in America, Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare, and the International Health Professionals of the Year. His MD degree is from Louisiana State University, with AOA Honors, while his Family Medicine residency, with an emphasis in Sports Medicine was at the Duke University Medical Center, where he was na ...more

Bryson City (4 books)
  • Bryson City Tales: Stories of a Doctor's First Year of Practice in the Smoky Mountains
  • Bryson City Secrets: Even More Tales of a Small-Town Doctor in the Smoky Mountains
  • Best of Bryson City: Stories of a Doctor's First Years of Practice in the Smoky Mountains

News & Interviews

“I want you to be like Francis Moore - willing to do anything, even unconventional things, to help a patient, to save those others consider beyond saving. I want you to always be cautious about the costs of caution. A dose of caution is wise, no doubt. But too much of it can harm your patients. It's only when a doctor is willing to try anything to help his patients that he can find something new to do for them. And sometimes it'll be like walking on hot coals - it's not easy, and not everyone's willing to try. But if you keep your patient's best interests at heart, I think your skin will be thick enough to handle the heat. And the rewards of doing what's right, even when it's not easy, are among the sweet things that make our profession so satisfying.” 0 likes